Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So my f'in day started out like this.

Got up early because I knew I needed gas. So I went to the gas station and had to take $20 out of my saving account via an ATM because I'm pretty broke this week. Ok I'm not totally broke but I'm really trying to save. In any event, I took the money out and went up to pay. I see a $20 bill folded over on the bubble gum display in front of the counter. So the few people in front of me don't notice it. The green color is blending in with the peppermint gum it's resting on. So I get up and I say to the guy at the counter "Hey do you know who's money this is" he says "no it's not yours" so we continued on like this and I could tell if I gave it to him it would be gone and probably not returned to a customer should they return for it. He goes "you found it you can have it" so I took it.... then I get to the car to find out there was actually $40's in it. I guess it's not a huge deal but I'm still trying to figure what my best course of action would have F'in been.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
good f'in morning stosh. i didnt really understand you story. nice that you found that money though. my f'in teacher wants to meet with me before class on wednesday. i am going to get a chastising for the atrocious spelling and grammar errors in my papers i turned in i know it. they were ridicluous mistakes that i would have caught if i had proof read. i just dont want a lecture from this lady. thats alright, only a week and a half left.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
G'mornin :)

Stosh - sounds like you had a scumbag gas attendant....but at the same time it is cash, if you're absentminded and set it down what else can you expect than someone will walk away with it?

Anywho, nothing much happening here, cleaned house last night and have a dentist appt today (blech). Bluebell, my older kitty, is due for her vet checkup. She's wheezing a lot worse than ever, and last night her snoring woke me up. Gonna have to ask the vet what to do with this noisy little cat!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I don't understand your story either, Stosh. I think you need some coffee. :)

I had a good workout this morning and am ass deep in work.

Damn, I re-read it and it still makes sense to me.

In any event do you or don't you take the money you find next to the register.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by stosh

i take it. the only time i return money is if i see who dropped it and i can give it back to them.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by laura
i take it. the only time i return money is if i see who dropped it and i can give it back to them.
ok... thanks.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Yay...today will be a decent day...we had a successful launch of the new system...just finished testing everything...

Time to call the moneybags customers :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Yay...today will be a decent day...we had a successful launch of the new system...just finished testing everything...

Time to call the moneybags customers :)

Nice!
You know of any school districts you deal with in the Orange county area of NY.

My theory is there is a giant account of "lost" money that everyone has access to.... some times you make deposits and sometimes you withdrawl.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by caboverpete
My theory is there is a giant account of "lost" money that everyone has access to.... some times you make deposits and sometimes you withdrawl.
Ha, now if I could only remember my withdrawl pin number more often.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Ok cryptic girl....
Are you looking for names or something? hehe, while I can tell you in a PM if your district works with me, I can't like project it publicly. Same goes for anyone :).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Are you looking for names or something? hehe, while I can tell you in a PM if your district works with me, I can't like project it publicly. Same goes for anyone :).
ahhh thats kind of what I figured.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Okay, so last night I got off work and went to a coffee shop for a couple hours to do some studying. I had to wizz and I was still near work so I bypassed the line at the cs and started driving to work. This lady in her 4 door Geo Metro (rip my old 2 door) had stalled in the left turn lane at a nearby light. So, feeling humanitarian(?), I flipped a b1tch to go back and help her. I walk up to the car and I'm like, "We need to push the car into that parking lot, can you get out and push?" So, she proceeds to not get out of the car to walk around, but finaegles(sp?) herself into the passenger seat and get out of the car there.:confused: When she asked if the car needed to be in neutral, i said yes. So, we start to push and I realize the car's in park. Beautiful. We start to push the car and the steerign wheel locks. Beautiful. At this point I manage the get the car steering into the right turn lane of oncoming traffic. The lady starts freaking out and telling me we're going into oncoming traffic, which we weren't because nobody was going to turn right and I made sure we weren't blocking any traffic. Yes, thank you, just beautiful. At this point a couple good guys had stopped their cars as we were going through the intersection. They helped us to push the car backwards out from the street and into the parking lot. Thanks guys, you're beautiful. So, I then got into her car and tried to starrt it, it just wouldn't turn over. I've jumped start many a cars, but I still can't change my oil if that says anything. I thought the battery was dead, so I got out my cables. I tried hooking them up, you know pos to pos and then neg, blah blah. Lastly I tried putting the neg on her battery and the thing sparks like a motherf**k. So, at this point she still has NO control over her kid while I'm trying to think and keep her away from the sparks, not to mention my kakhis pants are not f**ked.:angry: I told her I don't know what's wrong, and no she's upset at me. Beautiful. We go to the nearby Kragen, no, we're not going to drive across the lot in my truck.:rolleyes: The guy at Kragen and another nice guy come out to help her and kinda come to the conclusion that it's not getting enough gas. Blah blah, I leave when she called her Mom.

Frustrated and tired, I went to In-N-Out because it was 9p, I hadn't eaten dinner and still hadn't pissed in an hour and a half. I'm glad I helped her out though, she obviously was kinda tired, frustrated and clueless.

:monkey:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! I will be SO glad when this week is over. I have 6 concerts in 3 days time! :angry: Had 1 this morning and now I have another rehearsal, a meeting afterschool, a private lesson and a concert tonight as well. Tomorrow I have lessons in the morning and a school concert then in the afternoon another concert. On Thursday, I have a concert in the morning and another in the afternoon.

Then, I am done for the week and off to Snowshoe, WV :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by reflux
Okay, so last night I got off work and went to a coffee shop for a couple hours to do some studying. I had to wizz and I was still near work so I bypassed the line at the cs and started driving to work. This lady in her 4 door Geo Metro (rip my old 2 door) had stalled in the left turn lane at a nearby light. So, feeling humanitarian(?), I flipped a b1tch to go back and help her. I walk up to the car and I'm like, "We need to push the car into that parking lot, can you get out and push?" So, she proceeds to not get out of the car to walk around, but finaegles(sp?) herself into the passenger seat and get out of the car there.:confused: When she asked if the car needed to be in neutral, i said yes. So, we start to push and I realize the car's in park. Beautiful. We start to push the car and the steerign wheel locks. Beautiful. At this point I manage the get the car steering into the right turn lane of oncoming traffic. The lady starts freaking out and telling me we're going into oncoming traffic, which we weren't because nobody was going to turn right and I made sure we weren't blocking any traffic. Yes, thank you, just beautiful. At this point a couple good guys had stopped their cars as we were going through the intersection. They helped us to push the car backwards out from the street and into the parking lot. Thanks guys, you're beautiful. So, I then got into her car and tried to starrt it, it just wouldn't turn over. I've jumped start many a cars, but I still can't change my oil if that says anything. I thought the battery was dead, so I got out my cables. I tried hooking them up, you know pos to pos and then neg, blah blah. Lastly I tried putting the neg on her battery and the thing sparks like a motherf**k. So, at this point she still has NO control over her kid while I'm trying to think and keep her away from the sparks, not to mention my kakhis pants are not f**ked.:angry: I told her I don't know what's wrong, and no she's upset at me. Beautiful. We go to the nearby Kragen, no, we're not going to drive across the lot in my truck.:rolleyes: The guy at Kragen and another nice guy come out to help her and kinda come to the conclusion that it's not getting enough gas. Blah blah, I leave when she called her Mom.

Frustrated and tired, I went to In-N-Out because it was 9p, I hadn't eaten dinner and still hadn't pissed in an hour and a half. I'm glad I helped her out though, she obviously was kinda tired, frustrated and clueless.

:monkey:
Yes, but was she hot?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Yes, but was she hot?
No.

She also had a kid. When I have kids, I would like to be the father and for my wife to be the mother. I saw her look at my hand at one point and she asked me if my gf wants kids. I'm single right now, but I "had" a gf last night so far as that lady knew.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
No.

She also had a kid. When I have kids, I would like to be the father and for my wife to be the mother. I saw her look at my hand at one point and she asked me if my gf wants kids. I'm single right now, but I "had" a gf last night so far as that lady knew.
Oh man you could have hooked up with her!! Ha ha ha!!!
Maybe she's poor and it's all she had to repay you with.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Oh man you could have hooked up with her!! Ha ha ha!!!
Maybe she's poor and it's all she had to repay you with.
Can I take a rain check?

<Andrew wonders why he couldn't have come across the hot chicks from Irvine found in the RM banners> Sigh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
<Andrew wonders why he couldn't have come across the hot chicks from Irvine found in the RM banners> Sigh.

Dude, you would have had a better story than the guy who had 2 chicks the other day.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Dude, you would have had a better story than the guy who had 2 chicks the other day.
True, very true. But at least I don't have to tell my online friends about each of my hook-ups because my real friends are sick of hearing me brag.:D

But it really did feel good to help her out. I just hope her car gets fixed--that geo was BEAT.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
True, very true. But at least I don't have to tell my online friends about each of my hook-ups because my real friends are sick of hearing me brag.:D

But it really did feel good to help her out. I just hope her car gets fixed--that geo was BEAT.
When Geo was using the Toyota Carolla engines and everything else on the GEO, they made a good car... that was the only time though. :)

Where do you live by the way?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
When Geo was using the Toyota Carolla engines and everything else on the GEO, they made a good car... that was the only time though. :)

Where do you live by the way?
We used to take the air filter cover off my 95 metro--it sounded cool.

I live in OC, CA. It's alright, my sister's loving NY, maybe I'll give back east a shot in a few years for grad school. How do you like it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We used to take the air filter cover off my 95 metro--it sounded cool.

I live in OC, CA. It's alright, my sister's loving NY, maybe I'll give back east a shot in a few years for grad school. How do you like it?
NY is a love/hate relationship with me. There are a lot of great things around here but there is also a lot of sucky things. Cost of living sucks, the people suck(sometimes), the taxes and so on. It's probably no different than OC in Cali. I live in Orange County of NY. I stayed at my friends place in San Bernardino 2yrs ago.

Ha, I took the air filter box off my Accord, it sounded cool till it rained... then the filter got wet and it didn't run right.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Afternoon Stosh.

I was in f'in meetings all moring - boring, but productive. Ran home for lunch and rode my bike around the block a few times... had to test out some of the changes I made last night.

Looks like it's going to be dry today/night, but no riding for me :-)angry: )... my better 3/4 is working, so it's me and the kiddo tonight. Maybe we'll work on her pedaling a bit.

I'm giving some preliminary thought to building my own work stand. I'm thinking about using old (scrap) steel piping - should be cheap. The base would be a tripod, easy enough. The backbone is pretty straight foward, so the clamp is the only part that requires any "thought". I could cut a small section of pipe in half the long way, then line the inside of each half with some type of padding for protection. The inner diameter would have to be pretty darn close to the outer diameter of my seatpost. Hinging the halves is the only thing I haven't figured out yet, but I haven't really thought about it either. Then to clamp it shut, I'm thinking about using the same type of latches used on toolboxes, if I can find them.