Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Well I'm trying to decide wether or not to send my F'in resume to this other company. I guess it doesn't hurt to just send it right...?
Well I have the day to decide.

What's everybody got going on today? I wanted to ride but of course it's raining!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo. I rode a bike last night. My wife rode too. We rode together.

Speaking of wives, an old lady at work today told me if I ever leave my wife for Sheryl Crow "like Lance did", she'll beat me up. I guess since we both like to ride bikes, Lance and I have a lot in common.

:confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Yo. I rode a bike last night. My wife rode too. We rode together.

Speaking of wives, an old lady at work today told me if I ever leave my wife for Sheryl Crow "like Lance did", she'll beat me up. I guess since we both like to ride bikes, Lance and I have a lot in common.

:confused:
Yeah you're probably gonna get cancer too.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
im gonna get my resume together. i want a new job. i like this one it just does not pay enough. well, i always find tuesdays are worse than mondays where i work.

stosh send that resume.cant get in any trouble ya know and good things may come from it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
im gonna get my resume together. i want a new job. i like this one it just does not pay enough. well, i always find tuesdays are worse than mondays where i work.

stosh send that resume.cant get in any trouble ya know and good things may come from it.
actually nobody is in today... well one person but she's cool. Today should be a pretty easy day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Send it - like you said... it doesn't hurt to test the waters. I inquired about 3 jobs this morning. Hope to hear back about them today to see if any of them fit my skill set.

No big plans for today. I was in the basement last night digging around for something and discovered we have standing water down there - not a lot... just enough to get my socks wet... but definitely moisture standing on the surface of the concrete. So tonight I'll be trying to thin out the pile of crap down there so the air can move a bit and get things dried out.

There's no problem causing the water, just all the concrete and the very high humidity lately combined with the fact that we piled up all our belongings in 1 room means that the air doesn't move and the moisture builds up on the floor. The only place there is standing water is in the middle of the pile of crap... everywhere else is fine.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I was in the basement last night digging around for something and discovered we have standing water down there - not a lot... just enough to get my socks wet... but definitely moisture standing on the surface of the concrete. So tonight I'll be trying to thin out the pile of crap down there so the air can move a bit and get things dried out.

There's no problem causing the water, just all the concrete and the very high humidity lately combined with the fact that we piled up all our belongings in 1 room means that the air doesn't move and the moisture builds up on the floor. The only place there is standing water is in the middle of the pile of crap... everywhere else is fine.

Well I'm not sure how much water is in your basement but concrete is not fully cured for a long time and will release water for months after. Also all the wood in your house also releases moisture. Keep an eye on it! it shouldn't be more than just damp.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! have a little work to do today and was planning on going for a ride tonight (cause I haven't been on an XC ride in too long) but I am sure everyone will bail if it is raining :(

Other than that, baking & decorating my brother's birthday cake today. Not sure what it is going to be yet, but I will figure it out.
Stosh: Send that resume!!! It certainly can't hurt!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! have a little work to do today and was planning on going for a ride tonight (cause I haven't been on an XC ride in too long) but I am sure everyone will bail if it is raining :(

Other than that, baking & decorating my brother's birthday cake today. Not sure what it is going to be yet, but I will figure it out.
Stosh: Send that resume!!! It certainly can't hurt!
Man my GF has been teaching summer school again this summer. She gets paid $60/hr. Thats what it breaks down to anyway. They figure it out using some percentage of her usual salary but still that friggan rocks.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I did a short road ride before the rain hit, some chores and put my old K2 smart shock on my Kona (not sure why I didnt do that 2 weeks ago), but hopefully the part for my new fork will arrive soon

looks like volleyball will be rained out tonight

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
No big plans for today. I was in the basement last night digging around for something and discovered we have standing water down there - not a lot... just enough to get my socks wet... but definitely moisture standing on the surface of the concrete. So tonight I'll be trying to thin out the pile of crap down there so the air can move a bit and get things dried out.

sump pump ?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Well I'm not sure how much water is in your basement but concrete is not fully cured for a long time and will release water for months after. Also all the wood in your house also releases moisture. Keep an eye on it! it shouldn't be more than just damp.
It's more than just damp. You ever spill water on a tile/linolium floor? It's like that... just enough so you could splash it if you slapped the "puddle" with your plam. I'm sure that if I can get some air flow in the area things will be fine. We've got a dehumidifier running and that seems to be helpign quite a bit.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Man my GF has been teaching summer school again this summer. She gets paid $60/hr. Thats what it breaks down to anyway. They figure it out using some percentage of her usual salary but still that friggan rocks.
Yupper!!! That's why we do it you know! ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
It's more than just damp. You ever spill water on a tile/linolium floor? It's like that... just enough so you could splash it if you slapped the "puddle" with your plam. I'm sure that if I can get some air flow in the area things will be fine. We've got a dehumidifier running and that seems to be helpign quite a bit.
Yeah I bet water got in there before they were able to seal the house up too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Yupper!!! That's why we do it you know! ;)
Yeah it's tempting for me to try to get a teaching degree. I would love to teach at a boces or something.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
anyone else in the middle of a deluge(sp?) right now, trails were finally starting to dry out. fvck
we are in day 2 of a flash flood watch. every around asheville has been getting slammed with 6 inches of rain overnight

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MtnBikerNJ said:
60 per hour for summer school sounds pretty good actually.

dude.. send that f'in resume. seriously, you never know!
yeah I know. I'll see what happens. They are asking for some salary requirements. I'll ask for some high amount just for kicks.

nydave

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Orange Co. NY
Hey bro, how ya been...
Are you riding the Darkhorse 40? I got a wedding party I got to attend, oh well...next year.
Oh yea, what kind of ring did you get your GF??
Take it easy...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
nydave said:
Hey bro, how ya been...
Are you riding the Darkhorse 40? I got a wedding party I got to attend, oh well...next year.
Oh yea, what kind of ring did you get your GF??
Take it easy...
Um I as of yet have not gotten her anything. Things have been going really well lately but I'm undecided still.

I may swing by the DH 40 if I have some time. I was thinking about just doing 20miles of it but I didn't want to spend the $55 for the entrance fee.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh I almost forgot. We're having a lunch and learn with a chick from Marvin Windows today. That means I get free lunch! I hope she doesn't bring Tuna Fish sandwiches.