Quantcast

Good TV/Movies from outside the USA?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I see that one of my favorite UK shows is going to start Season 2 next week -- Green Wing.

And I'm wondering what else is out there worth watching?

Black Books is listed as not canceled/ended, so woohoo! Season 4? :) Is it me, or is BB kind of like an older version of the Young Ones?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
UK Stuff (compiled by my housemates):

Jeeves and Wooster
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Cracker
Prime Suspect
Teachers
Queer as Folk
Bottom
The Office
The Fast Show
Harry Enfield and Friends
Absolutely Fabulous
Trigger Happy TV
Little Britain
League of Gentlemen

I don't like all of those, but those are shows that a lot of people think are good.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
one of the greatest fighting movies of all time, Ong Bak. this movie kicks some serious ass. and theres some crazy taxi driving thats really really bad(in the farfetched movie bad)

but the fighting is unreal. those guys had to be getting hurt making that film.
Officially called, Ong Bak; the thai fighter. no stunt doubles or strings attached they claim. fcukin nuts

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Chang/Dave W- what's that Kiwi comedy show set in a high school? Watched it when I was back home, bloody funny.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
boostindoubles said:
one of the greatest fighting movies of all time, Ong Bak. this movie kicks some serious ass. and theres some crazy taxi driving thats really really bad(in the farfetched movie bad)

but the fighting is unreal. those guys had to be getting hurt making that film.
Officially called, Ong Bak; the thai fighter. no stunt doubles or strings attached they claim. fcukin nuts
This is a great movie. I've seen it 3 times, the first time at the Wellington Film Festival. The lead guy has skills.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
lardopie - you should know that nothing good ever comes from outside of the USA... infact i don t think anything exists outside of its borders... :redhot:

I agree with Ong Bak.... standard thai story line but great fighting. Some other asian films to check out are Green Planet, Old Boy, Born to Fight,Shaolin Soccer..... and some older ones to look for are A Chinese Ghost Story, The Killer, Bullet in the Head, A Better Tommorow.... I could go on and on and on.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
don;t know much about foreign TV (slightly more than i know about 'murican TV) but there are a ton of great foreign movies available. head to netflix and go nuts.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I dont watch that much TV, but right now we TIVO the show, HUSTLE, which comes on Saturday nights on AMC. UK show that's about a season ahead of us over there. Pretty good, IMO.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
UK TV
Teachers from the UK
Obviously the Office. I think that the US Office is getting to be just as funny.

Cypher is a movie that hadn't been released in the US until recently (on DVD) it is really good.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Loopie, give Japanese TV a miss. Most of it fits into 2 categories- crap or weird. Most of the weird is crap too.
This guy is a huge star here at the moment. His name is Razor Ramon HG. What do you reckon HG stands for?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Loopie, give Japanese TV a miss. Most of it fits into 2 categories- crap or weird. Most of the weird is crap too.
This guy is a huge star here at the moment. His name is Razor Ramon HG. What do you reckon HG stands for?

homo guy :) hhahhaaaa

got the japs are weird...

2 weeks valve :thumb:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
valve bouncer said:
That is the single-most gayest picture I've ever seen in my life.

But not everything from Japan is bad - Battle Royal is a rad Japanese movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
SkaredShtles said:
We recently watched "Layer Cake" - a British "gangster" drama film. Good stuff. Kind of along the lines of "Snatch." I'd recommend it.
Funny, I watched that for the first time last night, it was very good. Classier than Snatch I thought.