Quantcast

$$Good Wednesday Morning$$

J

JRB

Where the F is stosh???

Finished defensive driving last night. Ordered the Cateye HR 200 heart rate monitor and a cheap bmx helmet for urban junk.

I find it really hard to believe that the "Is LOCO worthless" thread didn't last. :rolleyes:

Good morning.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:

Morning! Just typing away at Macys... Managed to commute today (sans police interference I might add) and am hoping the afternoon stays dry.

J

JRB

That's good news. How much was the ticket anyway? Does it carry any driving points? I don't recall if you said.

splat

Nam I am
loco said:
Where the F is stosh???

...... a cheap bmx helmet for urban junk.

I find it really hard to believe that the "Is LOCO worthless" thread didn't last. :rolleyes:

Good morning.

Morning Loco :stosh:
Where is Stosh ??

funny thing I got a Cheap-o Bell BMX helmet for Winter riding ( no vents makes it work well ) and it is the best fitting helmet I have ever owned ! Best $7 I ever spen t at Price point.

and the "loco Sucks" option got taken out of my Bike poll. probably just as well, you weren't winning for a change.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
I don't know what you wrote, but it was probably something like "That's good news. How much was the ticket anyway? Does it carry any driving points? I don't recall if you said."

If thats what you said, and mind you its just a guess, then here is my answer;

No points, just a bucha $$$. Still going to go with 'Not Guilty'.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good spin class though i forgot my shorts...had to ride in my wind pants, which sucked.

still trying to learn the ins and outs of RAW...spending time on computer at home sucks, but i gotta do it...

J

JRB

I would fight it too, just on the off chance that no one will follow up and have to drop it. I doubt they would enforce the laws here, but they do have this insane initiative to pay for their new station, so they might. I stop just to keep me alive. There are lots of rednecks that don't care if we live or die here, so it's self preservation.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
douglas said:
holy crap, it might not rain today! I hope to survive tonights expert group mtn ride at Grfton/Pittstown
HA! I will be in the back with you, brother! I guess we're meeting at Mill Pond lot and not at Piittstown! I always keep a rain jacket in the car now...

EDIT: the potential for hail is predicted for tonight and something like that ALWAYS happens when Bryna leads (such as this evening...). Prepare to be pelted on the climb back up into Grafton, I would guess!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
HA! I will be in the back with you, brother! I guess we're meeting at Mill Pond lot and not at Piittstown! I always keep a rain jacket in the car now...

EDIT: the potential for hail is predicted for tonight and something like that ALWAYS happens when Bryna leads (such as this evening...). Prepare to be pelted on the climb back up into Grafton, I would guess!

great :rolleyes:

see ya at mill pond later!

J

JRB

Just decided I might leave work at 4:30 to do the ride of silence to remember cyclists killed in accidents.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry had to attend a town planning board session this morning for one of our projects.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
holy crap, it might not rain today! I hope to survive tonights expert group mtn ride at Grfton/Pittstown
Have fun riding tonight. I plan on hitting the road tonight to dial in my new road bike and then Sq-Earl and I are playing hookie tomorrow to do a nice LONG road ride :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning. Another busy day for me today. I had dress rehearsals yesterday and a concert last night at my Middle School.
{time for my rant} I can safely say that I can't stand inflexible people who whine and do NOTHING!!! The orchestra teacher in my school is one of the laziest co-workers that I have ever had to deal with. She even had the audicity to complain to me about having to change the stage during the concert because her kids weren't going first. We did an all instrumental concert last night and she expected the orchestra to go first so she didn't have to do anything else and could leave. Then, my band and jazz band would play, leaving me to change the stage twice and do all the clean-up. She ALWAYS pulls this and I didn't let her get away with it this time. She actually complained to me and I let her have it! One of the other music teachers that I work with had to leave the room because she was laughing so hard. {rant over}

Today I have dress rehearsals and concerts at one of my elementary schools and then a meeting right after school (hopefully short). Then I am planning on hitting the road for a MUCH needed outside ride. Sq-Earl and I are also planning on playing hookie tomorrow and going for a nice long road ride.

That is all.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Sorry had to attend a town planning board session this morning for one of our projects.
Putting off the cloverleaf superhighway for another year or planning the local "Ride your horse to work" day, eh?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
Morning.

It's sunny here today, so maybe I'll get out for a ride today (finally). Other than that, just finishing a paper for class and doing some other work.
bed those brakes!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Nothing new to report. I really, really hope this weekend is relatively dry as I NEED to ride my bike!
Agreed!!

I'm doing a group ride with Tame Ape, Wonderdog, and maybe beth and Rob.

I was hoping to do a 7.5mile XC race Sunday morning but I have been discouraged.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Agreed!!

I'm doing a group ride with Tame Ape, Wonderdog, and maybe beth and Rob.

I was hoping to do a 7.5mile XC race Sunday morning but I have been discouraged.
By whom? It'l hurt a bit, but whatevs!:nopity:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
By whom? It'l hurt a bit, but whatevs!:nopity:
It's a Hudson To Highlands race by New Paltz. Saturday will be a pretty mellow ride right?
I think Aubrey may actually come this time.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
It's a Hudson To Highlands race by New Paltz. Saturday will be a pretty mellow ride right?
should be about the same as last time I think. You and I seemed to be pretty well matched for the most part.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
should be about the same as last time I think. You and I seemed to be pretty well matched for the most part.
Except for the times I kicked your arse, remember that?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
That's Sunday? Damnit, I'm not really in any semblance of race shape whatsoever, especially having not ridden since last thursday. I wanted to do that one too...

:mumble:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Except for the times I kicked your arse, remember that?
You got me confused with Hooples my friend. I was buzzing your tire and grabbing your ass the whole time. In fact I feel a grab coming on...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
That's Sunday? Damnit, I'm not really in any semblance of race shape whatsoever, especially having not ridden since last thursday. I wanted to do that one too...

Ha, you think I'm in shape for a race.... I dont' think so!!!

I'll probably have a heart attack or something.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:

call it a training race and work on pacing yourself.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
You got me confused with Hooples my friend. I was buzzing your tire and grabbing your ass the whole time. In fact I feel a grab coming on...
After tonights ride I'm clipping my "A$$ Grab Red Tag" off my shorts.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
You think that will stop anything? :rolleyes:

Maybe neither of us are in shape, but at least you've ridden on dirt in the past 2 weeks.
Nope, I haven't ridden since the road bike rally.

I'm riding tonight and maybe tomorrow.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Stosh...dont listen to that dude on mtbr, tons of people dont take a rest day before a race, especially if its just a 7 mile long race

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
You think that will stop anything? :rolleyes:

Maybe neither of us are in shape, but at least you've ridden on dirt in the past 2 weeks.
do you forget how to ride in dirt every two weeks?

excuses now = regrets later, just suck it up, and do it