Quantcast

$$Good Wednesday Morning$$

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey. Not much new here, just a lot of work to do lately. My boss leaves in two weeks, so I've been standing back watching all the work slowly trickle down.

Getting new wheels either Fri or Sat. Can't wait!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Stosh...dont listen to that dude on mtbr, tons of people dont take a rest day before a race, especially if its just a 7 mile long race
Ok cool I'm going to do it!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey. Not much new here, just a lot of work to do lately. My boss leaves in two weeks, so I've been standing back watching all the work slowly trickle down.

Getting new wheels either Fri or Sat. Can't wait!!
what do you mean by watching the work trickle down?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
do you forget how to ride in dirt every two weeks?

excuses now = regrets later, just suck it up, and do it
Are your touring giving motivational speeches? Is that why you're going to Georgia?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
It's all falling into my lap!

So, we need to ride a lot to get rid of work stress.

You're riding Sun? Maybe we'll come and watch
Yeah I'm going to ride Sunday. Aubrey will be there so I'm sure she would appreciate you guys being there.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Are you brining a bike ? so you can at least get a ride in on the course during the pre-ride.
its $160 to bring my bike on the plane, so no.
But a LBS is hooking us up w/a stand/chairs/table..so I'm gonna see if they have a bike I can borrow, lend, rent or steal.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
douglas said:
maybe Rob is afraid Stosh & Beth will both kick his ass, especially being he forgot how to ride on dirt
Not really afraid of either of those two kicking my ass.

I'm more worried about trying to push too hard, doing something stupid, making a stupid mistake, and putting some hurt on myself.

I simply feel much better on dirt when I've been there once in the past two weeks. For some reason I don't translate well from road riding to dirt riding and visa versa.

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
its $160 to bring my bike on the plane, so no.
But a LBS is hooking us up w/a stand/chairs/table..so I'm gonna see if they have a bike I can borrow, lend, rent or steal.
ouch , that is a a bit pricey.

But once you get your hands on a Bike , I can see it now , 20 minutes before the race over teh PA some team looking for a rider for one reason or another , and Heather tells Doug to go for it , and before you know Dalton Doug is Kicking ass and taking names.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
robdamanii said:
Not really afraid of either of those two kicking my ass.

I'm more worried about trying to push too hard, doing something stupid, making a stupid mistake, and putting some hurt on myself.

I simply feel much better on dirt when I've been there once in the past two weeks. For some reason I don't translate well from road riding to dirt riding and visa versa.

try to go super early and do preride lap (or partial lap)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
ouch , that is a a bit pricey.

But once you get your hands on a Bike , I can see it now , 20 minutes before the race over teh PA some team looking for a rider for one reason or another , and Heather tells Doug to go for it , and before you know Dalton Doug is Kicking ass and taking names.
haha, I have seen a couple teams looking for a rider...its been so tough to not respond !!

she was originally trying to talk me into doing it duo w/her..or both of us going solo :dead:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Rob/Beth-
You guys down for saturday? Conditions are looking good. Should be nice and tacky with no dust.