Quantcast

~~~good Wednesday Morning~~~

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
It's official im ****ed ive just worked the last 15 days straight and now i think im going to die.

Todays tasks include sleeping, sleeping and propaply a bit more sleeping, might get out on the bike today its been a good month since she had a good blast.

well i hope everyone else is feeling good

stay safe monkeys

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it begins: first day on clinical services. it's 4:22 AM, i'm going to be out the door by 4:30, on the floor by 5 AM, rounding with the team at 6 AM. i hope to be out of the hospital by 6:30 PM tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people call their handlebar "handlebars"? It's one bar. HandleBAR, people.

"My handlebars need to be replaced." :bonk:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Today is the last day of my wife and I being a renters, tomorrow we become home owners.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
you may want to lay off of the monster for a while...
Are you two talking in code to each other?
:rofl:

IAB: did you know that I can ride my bike with no handlebars? NO handlebars. no handlebars.
Stosh: congrats!

Good morning everyone.
It's raining. Pouring actually. :disgust:

I am not a roadie, but damn if this season isn't turning me into one. I went out with a fun group yesterday at the urging of a friend (who also happens to be a hammer). 47 miles door to door, 16.9 mph average. I had an eye opening lesson in the mechanics of drafting as I fell behind two bike lengths before a rolling climb and quickly found myself 1/4 mile behind in no time. I got dropped two more times but expected that. Good times.

My new fork came in yesterday, which I'm going to install this afternoon. So based on the weather outside my window and the forecast I should get a test ride in about a week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
:rofl:

IAB: did you know that I can ride my bike with no handlebars? NO handlebars. no handlebars.
Stosh: congrats!

I am not a roadie, but damn if this season isn't turning me into one. I went out with a fun group yesterday at the urging of a friend (who also happens to be a hammer). 47 miles door to door, 16.9 mph average. I had an eye opening lesson in the mechanics of drafting as I fell behind two bike lengths before a rolling climb and quickly found myself 1/4 mile behind in no time. I got dropped two more times but expected that. Good times.

ROFL @ 'no handlebars' song.

Thanks for noticing my previous post.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm tired. Mtb. ride last night followed by many beers.
Wow, I thought you all might have been rained out!

Did some sessioning post work on my dh bike yesterday in Pittstown State Forest...in the pissing rain... with thunder up above, as I pushed up the hill - was awesome actually - totally misty and dark deep in the woods - I felt like I was in some H.P. Lovecraft novel! Despite the 100% humidity there were no bugs, must have been affected by the 20 degree drop in temps after the storms came through!

Headed to a day long HR training....woop dee doo. Later on!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting in the office, working on reports (supposedly), the boss is out of the office, so I'm here.

Yesterday, I watched a blaster toss a blasting mat about 10 yards. they weigh about a ton, so tossing one that far is a feat in itself. Damned if he didn't excede the regulatory blasting limits at the same time. Glad the home owners weren't home at the time.

"High impact" workout tonight and BigT isn't feeling that well. We may not be staying for teacher class.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when people call their handlebar "handlebars"? It's one bar. HandleBAR, people.

"My handlebars need to be replaced." :bonk:
There are certain applications such as motorcycle clip ons that could be properly called handlebars. Even things like BMX bikes have handlebars that are made out of multiple bars so I can see how the term has transfered over to MTB applications despite being a single bar.

What I hate is when people call wheels rims. Rims are part of a wheel but not the whole wheel.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Day 1 of being off for the rest of the week.

Congrats to stosh on becoming a happy home owner tomorrow- the fun begins!

Had an excellent ride out through the Phoenix Mountain Preserve last night. Thought I had been on almost every trail. We went with a guy we don't see too often that lives right there in the neighborhood and traveled some areas that I never even knew existed. Good stuff and high fun factor.

Pick up the new car today at 11:00, will be out "motoring" after that.

Have a great day.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Good wednesday morning. 6 more working days left for me in this job. I can't wait to get out of IT.

And Congrats stosh. I'm in-process of buying our 3rd home, this one I may end up owing nothing to the Bank!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good wednesday morning. 6 more working days left for me in this job. I can't wait to get out of IT.

And Congrats stosh. I'm in-process of buying our 3rd home, this one I may end up owing nothing to the Bank!!
I'm kind of thinking this house would be a good investment to flip in 5yrs. I like the location a bit. I think if we put a little money into the house we can get a good amount back.

Anyway tomorrow is the day so we're pretty psyched.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Only 1 1/5 days left :monkeydance: I think I have 90% of my work done and now I need to finalize a couple more things. I am REALLY sad because I just found out I was awarded a $5000 grant for my program here and I am leaving. So, now we have to find out if I can spend the $ this summer for my replacement.

Poured at my house for a time last night so we bailed on the ride (we were going to take turns anyway) and drank a bunch of wine instead while playing with Sydney. She's officially addicted to the Discovery Channel "Boom de ah dah" commercial and Cash Cab...it's hilarious! She gets all excited and dances and sings and then wants to watch it over and over. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
TreeSaw - how come your school goes so late into June?
We just do! Actually, our kids are required to attend school 183 days per year (allowing for 3 emergency closing so it's really 180) and teachers are contractually obligated for 186. Kids have a half day tomorrow and then teachers have a half day on Friday.