Quantcast

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
There's another thread on social programs. I'll paraphrase:

For-profit police organizations, mercenary firefighters, El-hi education...the list goes on. Buck up.

It's not about what's worse, it's the simple fact that uninformed nonsense is still uninformed nonsense. If we (the people) elect someone who doesn't spend the time to figure out what they're voting on, I guess we (the people) didn't do our due diligence, did we (the people)?

Nope. But then again, I'm not debating specific issues. I'm just calling your bullsh*t.

So you don't feel good about your opinion...that's very telling.
I feel good about my opinion. I didn't post it JUST to feel good about it. (nice spin though)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One thing I do want to touch on here, is that taking any information from US based media, regardless of the source, must be done so the same way you take a shot of tequila, with plenty of salt. There are very few American journalists who do true investigative reporting anymore. The majority just take what they are given from a politician, a company, a gov't team, etc, and just repeat it, without questioning.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
One thing I do want to touch on here, is that taking any information from US based media, regardless of the source, must be done so the same way you take a shot of tequila, with plenty of salt. There are very few American journalists who do true investigative reporting anymore. The majority just take what they are given from a politician, a company, a gov't team, etc, and just repeat it, without questioning.
I absolutely agree...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well that sure cleared it up. Now that YOU told me so I am enlightened. :rolleyes:

What propaganda?

Weak point.

And what is your issue with my previous post? I had drool in my eyes.
Here einstein.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

This is what's currently available.

Read section 102.

Now remember this is what you were calling misinformation.

Like that I get to keep my heath care the way it is.
It says it in the fvcking bill.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Here einstein.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

This is what's currently available.

Read section 102.

Now remember this is what you were calling misinformation.

It says it in the fvcking bill.
Relax man.

Ok I read it.
It appears that I can keep it just like it is. Until I want to change something. What if I wanted to leave the company I'm with to go somewhere else or start my own business?

What happens when regulations drive up the cost of existing coverages for employers and cause them to just go with the government plan?

It's only the same if I and my employer stay the same.

Health care plans used to be a "benefit" form employers now the government wants to make them a requirement.

Like I've been saying. I don't trust the government the way it is now.

Time will tell my friend. Thank you for the debate.

Have a great weekend. :)

We wont know until we see the end result.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yesterday, because of this thread, I wrote the Congressman serving the district I live in (Doug Lamborn) and asked him to support a public option. Clearly Congressman Lamborn hasn't read the legislation either as he says a lot of the same things spurlicked is regurgitating. This is the paragraph that really got my blood boiling though:
A government-run system will make health care more expensive, ration care, and put bureaucrats in charge of medical decisions. Government officials, with all the compassion of the IRS, will make health care treatment decisions rather than doctors and patients.
Well guess what dip****, I have private health care and it already is rationed by bureaucrats making medical decisions for my doctors with all the compassion of the IRS. I'm back in PT because I'm still having shoulder problems related to my accident, and I have to resubmit paper work every 3 weeks to continue going and hope that I don't get denied. This was happening when I was in PT after I got out of the hospital in the first month. I got run over by a fvcking car and had to learn to walk again and my employer (through pacificare) was trying to deny me physical therapy. Not to mention how many different prescriptions have been denied by my provider. But a "private" provider will treat me better than the government. WTF ever. :rolleyes:
Congressman Lamborns response, near as I can tell, is "Hey Hippie, go fvck yourself". Keep it in mind come election time azzhole.

Dear Mr. Warren,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding health care reform. I appreciate hearing from you.

Currently, the House is considering a plan (H.R. 3200) that mandates that every American buy health insurance or pay a hefty fine to Washington. Many Americans would be forced into a government plan, whether they want to or not. In fact, experts at the non-partisan Lewin group say it could lead to as many as 114 million Americans losing their current coverage. In addition President Obama's own economic advisors estimate that proposed tax hikes on businesses could destroy up to 4.7 million jobs. Lower coverage and fewer jobs are not the health care reform hardworking Americans deserve.

We need a free market solution to health care reform that puts patients in charge of their own health care. I am an original co-sponsor of H.R. 3400, the Empowering Patients First Act. This legislation would make the purchase of health care financially feasible for all Americans by offering tax cuts for low-income individuals or for those who purchase coverage in non-group/individual markets. Not only does this approach rein in out-of-control costs, but it also gives the patient the power to control his own health care coverage and preserves the quality of health care.

A government-run system will make health care more expensive, ration care, and put bureaucrats in charge of medical decisions. Government officials, with all the compassion of the IRS, will make health care treatment decisions rather than doctors and patients.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Director Douglas Elmendorf confirmed in testimony before the Senate that this legislation will not reduce costs, but rather will drive future federal health care costs even higher for American families. In fact, CBO scored selected elements of this bill amounting to $1.28 trillion in new federal spending in the next ten years.

Another unfortunate component of this legislation would fund abortion at taxpayer expense. I am working with my colleagues to make sure that abortions are explicitly excluded from any form of services in health care reform, but so far, this has been unsuccessful.

Thank you once again for contacting me with your concerns. For more information on my efforts on behalf of Colorado and to receive periodic congressional updates, please visit my website at Lamborn.house.gov.
Sincerely,
Doug Lamborn
Member of Congress
*emphasis added by me.

And the government funded abortion thing is a complete red herring also. I'm surprised this azzhole didn't bring up the euthanize grandma thing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Relax man.

Ok I read it.
It appears that I can keep it just like it is. Until I want to change something. What if I wanted to leave the company I'm with to go somewhere else or start my own business?

What happens when regulations drive up the cost of existing coverages for employers and cause them to just go with the government plan?

(1) IN GENERAL.—Individual health insurance
2 coverage that is not grandfathered health insurance
3 coverage under subsection (a) may only be offered
4 on or after the first day of Y1 as an Exchange participating
health benefits plan.
Did you read the exchange part?

You can still opt out for a private plan.

Don't get all sensitive when you've repeatedly recycled your bullshlt in the face of the truth over and over again in this thread. It's obvious when you start spewing opinion piece crap as some sort of fact.

Only now did you even acknowledge that this won't replace current coverage because I threw it in your lap. Again, read the exchange part.

Seriously man. It's okay to be ignorant and it's okay to be stubborn but don't mix the two.

It's exactly this kind of crap that keeps people stupid and voting against their own interests.

Tell me what's so wonderful about your current insurance. Mine sucks. I can't even go to an orthepedic office which has years of records on my injuries because my insurance won't fvcking pay them. I've paid out of pocket for my last two visits including x-rays, and one cortisone shot because the company that GETS PAID to cover me just straight up doesn't.

I want an alternative and I'm tired of outright lies being taken as truth over this because cigna, health net etc have their hands so far up everyone's ass, no one tells the truth. You're included in that without even knowing it.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Did you read the exchange part?

You can still opt out for a private plan.

Don't get all sensitive when you've repeatedly recycled your bullshlt in the face of the truth over and over again in this thread. It's obvious when you start spewing opinion piece crap as some sort of fact.

Only now did you even acknowledge that this won't replace current coverage because I threw it in your lap. Again, read the exchange part.

Seriously man. It's okay to be ignorant and it's okay to be stubborn but don't mix the two.

It's exactly this kind of crap that keeps people stupid and voting against their own interests.

Tell me what's so wonderful about your current insurance. Mine sucks. I can't even go to an orthepedic office which has years of records on my injuries because my insurance won't fvcking pay them. I've paid out of pocket for my last two visits including x-rays, and one cortisone shot because the company that GETS PAID to cover me just straight up doesn't.

I want an alternative and I'm tired of outright lies being taken as truth over this because cigna, health net etc have their hands so far up everyone's ass, no one tells the truth. You're included in that without even knowing it.
wish I had time.
I'M GOIN' RIDING.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The government surely will make all go away....
No, but at least those sort of decisions won't be made by people trying to keep stock holders happy. Do I believe the government is some sort of magical fix-all? Sh!t no, but I think its a better option than some white collar criminal padding the bottom line at the expense of the health of me and my family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMEXSJNHsn8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yMEXSJNHsn8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It starts 2 minutes in. I can only speak for myself but its a pretty good synopsis of my opinion on this matter.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Obama's plan is evil. Thanks Sarah for opening my eyes...

Palin says Obama's health care plan is 'evil'
By MARK THIESSEN, Associated Press Writer

Friday, August 7, 2009

(08-07) 18:40 PDT Anchorage, Alaska (AP) --

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called President Barack Obama's health plan "downright evil" Friday in her first online comments since leaving office, saying in a Facebook posting that he would create a "death panel" that would deny care to the neediest Americans.

"Who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course," the former vice Republican presidential candidate wrote on her Facebook page, which has nearly 700,000 supporters.

"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil," Palin wrote.

An e-mail sent to Palin's spokeswoman to confirm authorship was not immediately returned Friday.

Obama, a Democrat, campaigned on a promise of offering affordable health care to all Americans. He has proposed a system that would include government and private insurers.

Republicans say that private insurers would be unable to compete, leaving the country with only a government-run health program. They warn that could leave Americans with little control over their health care.

Republican criticism has included claims that the reform plans will lead to rationing, or the government determining which medical procedures a patient can have. However, millions of Americans already face rationing, as insurance companies rule on procedures they will cover.

Denying coverage for certain procedures might increase under proposals to have a government-appointed agency identify medicines and procedures best suited for various conditions.

In the posting, Palin encouraged her supporters to be engaged in the debate. "Nationalizing our health care system is a point of no return for government interference in the lives of its citizens. If we go down this path, there will be no turning back," Palin wrote.

"Let's stop and think and make our voices heard before it's too late," the posting said.

Palin resigned as Alaska governor on July 26 with nearly 18 months left in her term. She cited not only the numerous ethics complaints that had been filed against her also her wish not to be a lame duck after the first-term governor decided not to seek re-election next year.

Palin, popular with conservatives in the Republican party, has said she wants to build a right-of-center coalition, and there is speculation she will seek the presidency in 2012. In the two weeks since she resigned, Palin has made only one public appearance, giving a Second Amendment rights speech last Saturday before a gun owners group in Anchorage.

Palin also has been largely silent before Friday's post. She was a voracious user of the social networking site Twitter, and promised to keep her supporters updated with a new private account after she left office. But that hasn't happened, leaving some of her fans begging for updates in the past two weeks.
And this woman would have been President...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Well, if she posted it on facebook, clearly it must be true. No other media outlet has the reputation,integrity and high editing/fact checking abilities of such a distinguished outlet. Except for maybe the Onion. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Palin is falling back to the whole eugenics 'movement' of the 30's (and back further in history a la 'left out on the ice to die'). I do a staff training on the historical view of people w/ disabilities.

Unfortunately, it seems that she would use her son to enhance the fear mongering. That is truly the sad part of it all. Another kid with a disability USED.

Last edited:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
But it is ok for the government to read and keep my emails.
You realize that email is not a secure form of communication? Anyone who wants to can read your emails, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You realize that email is not a secure form of communication? Anyone who wants to can read your emails, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.
Well, the government can't [legally] intercept an email without a warrant while in transit if it's either inside the US or involves a US citizen. That requires a Title 3 warrant, actually, per the electronic communications protection act or whatever it's called, and is an even higher standard of proof than a normal warrant. It's the same as tapping a phone.

The difference with email is that when you send email to someone else, the email is by necessity stored by a third party. That third party can do what it likes (Constitutionally, although I'm sure there are some federal laws that mitigate this) with that info, including turning it over to the government if it so chooses. (Or is forced to by subpoena...)

If you value your privacy, don't use email for private communications. Use the phone or talk in person. Not because the gov't is reading it all, but AOL is storing it on their servers. Just because you think something's private doesn't mean it is or ever has been.

Other info that's not private: phone numbers you've dialed, because the phone company as a third party has records of times, numbers, and durations of calls, or the fact that one party has written a letter to another party, because the address info is voluntarily disclosed to a third party in order to effect delivery. The contents of your calls and emails, which only concern the initiator and recipient of the message, are Constitutionally protected, however.

Still, if you say you don't know someone and your phone records show you called him regularly, they don't need a wiretap to show you're lying...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, the government can't [legally] intercept an email without a warrant while in transit if it's either inside the US or involves a US citizen. That requires a Title 3 warrant, actually, per the electronic communications protection act or whatever it's called, and is an even higher standard of proof than a normal warrant. It's the same as tapping a phone.

The difference with email is that when you send email to someone else, the email is by necessity stored by a third party. That third party can do what it likes (Constitutionally, although I'm sure there are some federal laws that mitigate this) with that info, including turning it over to the government if it so chooses. (Or is forced to by subpoena...)

If you value your privacy, don't use email for private communications. Use the phone or talk in person. Not because the gov't is reading it all, but AOL is storing it on their servers. Just because you think something's private doesn't mean it is or ever has been.

Other info that's not private: phone numbers you've dialed, because the phone company as a third party has records of times, numbers, and durations of calls, or the fact that one party has written a letter to another party, because the address info is voluntarily disclosed to a third party in order to effect delivery. The contents of your calls and emails, which only concern the initiator and recipient of the message, are Constitutionally protected, however.

Still, if you say you don't know someone and your phone records show you called him regularly, they don't need a wiretap to show you're lying...
All of that is technically true and realistically false.

Every email you've ever sent has been through the computers at the NSA. AT&T made sure that happened. And if you're ever in court on something like that and wish to challenge it, you won't be allowed because the fact that the government is illegally spying on Americans is a state secret.

Neat, huh?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Well, that's the point. Under Constitutional standards, AT&T can disclose, at its option, any info you've given them (including the contents of your emails) to the NSA.

MD

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Right, 100 PAWN posts in the last 24 hours, and now he pulls the "I'm going riding" line.

He'll be on his Iphone at Starbucks plotting a response.
LOL...
No iphone. No Starbucks...

Just me and my friends at the lake wakeboarding and riding. Wish you were there.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Obama's plan is evil. Thanks Sarah for opening my eyes...

"Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called President Barack Obama's health plan "downright evil" Friday in her first online comments since leaving office, saying in a Facebook posting..."

And this woman would have been President...
Wait... Sarah has a facebook page? I'll be right back!! Maybe she will add me as a friend. :D

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
All of that is technically true and realistically false.

Every email you've ever sent has been through the computers at the NSA. AT&T made sure that happened. And if you're ever in court on something like that and wish to challenge it, you won't be allowed because the fact that the government is illegally spying on Americans is a state secret.

Neat, huh?
You just let the cat out of the bag!!

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
You're back. Hope you dug bullard's bar.

Now read the bill, recognize your mistakes and why you keep getting told you're misinformed.
I jacked up my shoulder diving off the houseboat. Never rode... :(

No time for the bill today. Off to my 2nd job so I can pay off my debts. :D

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Oh it wont be immediate, but is slowly going away.
It's already gone. Corporate interests rule everything. One of my senators is not doing the job the people of this state elected him for, he is explicitly pandering to the health insurance lobby. That is not democracy.

The great victory that the right, the corporations, and the ultra-rich have pulled off over the last 30 years is to raise an army of brain-dead morons to champion the rights of the elite at the expense of the common man.

So private spurlicked, report for duty.