Quantcast

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
From the White House...

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Simple really, they just want to keep tracking numbers of how many Americans are exercising their first amendment rights. It's all to help you in the end. You can trust your government.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Yeah, I could see how debunking misinformation is a violation of your freedoms.

Try, just try, to explain the mechanism by which you have fewer freedoms as a result of this.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Try, just try, to explain the mechanism by which you have fewer freedoms as a result of this.
They should just tap phones without wiretaps and read emails without you knowing it. That would be a much better way to safeguard our freedom...

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville

Oh it wont be immediate, but is slowly going away.

Debunking misinformation? Why are they (the government) putting out misinformation? Do you really trust this government? Do you?

Explain to me why it's ok for anyone to send the White House my emails. And define "fishy"? That word right there explains what they are looking for.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Like what?
Like that I get to keep my heath care the way it is. Yet Abamo and his administration want a single payer system. Why did Congress and the Senate try to shove it through without reading the bill? Why would anyone trust them? If anything is "fishy" it's what they do behind closed doors early in the morning.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Whoa there, Quixote. Quick history lesson: under Rove, the Republicans figured out they could launch cheap effective underground campaigns by simply making things up but allowing them to spread organically. During the presidential campaign, Obama's team very effectively fought this with a site called fightthesmears.com.

In the midst of this healthcare battle, some of the most powerful lobbies in the nation (healthcare and pharma) are trying the same smear tactics in an effort to dupe you, maintain the status quo and possibly even secure more taxpayer subsidies for their corporations. Obama is simply using the same method that worked well in the past: air the claim, and debunk it. It takes a citizen who reads one of the crappy forwards you've just sent (like that other POS thread you started) to say to themself "this looks like a pile of lies" to send it in, and if it can be debunked it will be. No one is going to show up at your door about anything you forward, except maybe some annoyed friends to tell you "stop raping my inbox with those tinfoil hat bull**** forwards."

But hey, if you want to keep being a tool of the healthcare lobby and hand your taxpayer money over to companies that exists to squeeze the most possible money out of you for the least possible care, you have the freedom to do so.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Like that I get to keep my heath care the way it is. Yet Abamo and his administration want a single payer system. Why did Congress and the Senate try to shove it through without reading the bill? Why would anyone trust them? If anything is "fishy" it's what they do behind closed doors early in the morning.
Like Cheney's Energy Policy Meetings of 2000?

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/march/obama_to_single_paye.php

So wait, who's spreading misinformation now?

Prove that you won't.
Before he was elected: “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that’s what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we’ve got to take back the White House, we’ve got to take back the Senate, and we’ve got to take back the House.”

“I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.”

Prove that I will!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
I miss N8. He'd at least post a link to something controvertial but that would be about it, some of the new "conservatives" on here just stand up and paraphrase something that they heard on Fauxnews and don't even get *that* right.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Before he was elected: “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that’s what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we’ve got to take back the White House, we’ve got to take back the Senate, and we’ve got to take back the House.”

“I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.”

Prove that I will!
Awesome, you dug up a speech from 2003. Got anything else there Sherlock Holmes?

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
Whoa there, Quixote. Quick history lesson: under Rove, the Republicans figured out they could launch cheap effective underground campaigns by simply making things up but allowing them to spread organically. During the presidential campaign, Obama's team very effectively fought this with a site called fightthesmears.com.

In the midst of this healthcare battle, some of the most powerful lobbies in the nation (healthcare and pharma) are trying the same smear tactics in an effort to dupe you, maintain the status quo and possibly even secure more taxpayer subsidies for their corporations. Obama is simply using the same method that worked well in the past: air the claim, and debunk it. It takes a citizen who reads one of the crappy forwards you've just sent (like that other POS thread you started) to say to themself "this looks like a pile of lies" to send it in, and if it can be debunked it will be. No one is going to show up at your door about anything you forward, except maybe some annoyed friends to tell you "stop raping my inbox with those tinfoil hat bull**** forwards."

But hey, if you want to keep being a tool of the healthcare lobby and hand your taxpayer money over to companies that exists to squeeze the most possible money out of you for the least possible care, you have the freedom to do so.
Both sides smear each other... I don't give a rip about Karl Rove.
But it is ok for the government to read and keep my emails.
You assume that I like it the way it is. Maybe I do and maybe I don't. That isn't the point. What I don't want is the government running our entire heath care.

What was the POS thread I started? The joke about Pelosi?

:thumb:

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
I'll have to continue this colorful discussion with you fellas later. I have a right wing conspiracy meeting to go to.

Dios le bendiga:wait:

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we’ve got to take back the White House, we’ve got to take back the Senate, and we’ve got to take back the House.”
...incrementally. One step at a time.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The NSA has been reading every email you've sent in the last 10 years.

There's nothing sinister here, unless you believe that someone hitting forward on an email you sent them is a first amendment violation.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
There's nothing sinister here, unless you believe that someone hitting forward on an email you sent them is a first amendment violation.
Step 1. A friend of mine forwards an email to the White House
Step 2. My health insurance is revoked
Step 3.
Step 4. Profit

There! I proved it! Try to prove me wrong.