Quantcast

Goodbye internet

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Y'all need to quit yer bitchin'

If you don't like the way things are just work harder so you can become a billion dollar corporation and buy your own congressmen.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I guess I missed all the public outcry about fixing the internet...people protesting in the streets, petitioning their congresspeople about giving corporations control of teh interweb etc. I for one welcome the new freedom to have companies slowing down and limiting our access...#feelinggreatagain.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I guess I missed all the public outcry about fixing the internet...people protesting in the streets, petitioning their congresspeople about giving corporations control of teh interweb etc. I for one welcome the new freedom to have companies slowing down and limiting our access...#feelinggreatagain.
What about all your neighbours stating they thought there should be more oil wells at the end of the street?

Just as an FYI, India recently voted in some of the strongest neutrality rules in the world, clearly they're doing it wrong as it's what the people wanted...Rather than what the telco's wanted...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42162979

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Meh, what do all those little brown gawdless heathens know about interwebbing? They will surely get virused and never meet Baby (White) Jeebus™ now.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'd be happy to not pay for internet. when the cost gets too high, i'm out!

is hustler still publishing....?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anybody else see the irony in a population that's scared of a 'deep state' constantly voting in a government that puts in place policies that sure as hell seem to lean that way?

People not using the internet? That's fantastic for someone wanting to control their own narrative in power.

#thanksAlex

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Anybody else see the irony in a population that's scared of a 'deep state' constantly voting in a government that puts in place policies that sure as hell seem to lean that way?

People not using the internet? That's fantastic for someone wanting to control their own narrative in power.

#thanksAlex
It's not deep state evil government, when it's a white guy running it. Duh.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
https://medium.com/wagovernor/state-leaders-announce-steps-to-protect-net-neutrality-dff666151d0e

I don't think states get to make sweeping regulations like the FCC, but they can prevent ISPs from using public utilities like light poles if they don't follow state rules. So Comsast could do whatever they want, but would need to find a new way to get that cable to my house.

Drones.
Drones are being used for everything required, surveillance and deliveries.
They will use Drones to move teh packetz.
And, not only will they know what is in the packetz, they will have a constantly updated view of your house, for your privacy and security of course.

:nerd::monkey:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What about all your neighbours stating they thought there should be more oil wells at the end of the street?

Just as an FYI, India recently voted in some of the strongest neutrality rules in the world, clearly they're doing it wrong as it's what the people wanted...Rather than what the telco's wanted...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42162979
Meh, what do all those little brown gawdless heathens know about interwebbing? They will surely get virused and never meet Baby (White) Jeebus™ now.
Poopdeck to the white courtesy phone please.