Quantcast

Goodbye Old Friend......

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I listed my trusty old VW TDI Passat on Craigslist on Saturday and boy did they come running! Someone is coming to pick her up today.

She was a good car, but unfortunately no matter how hard she tried, she just wasn't a station wagon. So Helga, dear Helga, I bid thee farwell!

**Taps playing in the distance**

Attachments

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Pete has black leather interior, is already an inch lower than stock, has Neuspeed suspension, and I just picked up a sweet set of Audi 9 spoke wheels with snow tires for him too!

Pete is a 2000 1.8t Passat GLS.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
1.8T 150bhp motor (I see no fancy danglies denoting the 190HP Audi V6). Chip that bish and get it to 200.

Edit: If it's lowered already, I'm gonna bet it's already chipped...

B5 Passat=FWD Audi A4.
It hasn't been chipped (and not the fancy V6). Old dude that owned it got talked into "Sport Suspension" when he needed shocks. Not that I mind. I'd much rather buy a car that I know hasn't been worked.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm not a fan of slamming a car like this, but an inch is reasonable and actually will make getting a bike on the roof easier since I'm a midget. And with the sport suspension the sucker turns like it's on rails!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm not a fan of slamming a car like this, but an inch is reasonable and actually will make getting a bike on the roof easier since I'm a midget. And with the sport suspension the sucker turns like it's on rails!!
That sounds reasonable.

I just think it's a little retarded to have to slow to 5mph to go over railroad tracks.

:D

Nice find BTW. Pete's a looker.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
That sounds reasonable.

I just think it's a little retarded to have to slow to 5mph to go over railroad tracks.

:D

Nice find BTW. Pete's a looker.
Thanks! He is quite attractive! And he passes the railroad track test, not too much slowing down necessary.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Sweet ride!!

My wife has one of these, and it is such a treat to drive.
Makes my tundra feel like a turtle...

2002 Passat GLX w/ 4motion (awd)
It is tough for me to keep this thing under 90mph.
Driving down the 5 from SF to LA, I looked down and although it felt like I was doing 70, spedometer read 105. YIKES!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I was hoping that if I left Pete and Helga in the driveway together long enough that I'd come home and find a silver GTi. But to no avail.

I could have sold their offspring on the black market.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
What kinda milage do you get on the highway (with and without bikes on the rack)??
My 00 Golf 1.8t gets pretty crappy, around 27-28, but it's mostly owing to the super-short tranny. At 80mph I'm pushing 4k RPM :shocked:

Around town around 24mpg. I'm contemplating a big turbo upgrade, that would help it out a lot...so hard to stay out of boost with those itty bitty turbos.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
who was it on here who said a VW was an excellent car for the first 2 years..???
This will be my third. My previous two VWs were both bomb proof, no problems whatsoever.

I actually tracked down the previous owner of "Pete" (I bought him from an independent auto broker) before I made the purchase and he said he had zero problems with the car, he traded it in because the car was no longer under warranty, and he doesn't keep cars past 5-7 years. I also reviewed service records from the dealer where it was sold and serviced, which were clean and free of serious issue.

I do my homework.