Quantcast

Goodbye wisdom teeth/hello painkillers

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
In one hour I will be completly dead. I've already started with 5 different kind of painkillers/sedatives. It should be a good time. Wish me luck and make me some very soft food and smoothies if you are oh so kind.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Be careful with the painkillers. Jenn had all four wisdom teeth out and would have been fine after the first 24 hours if the painkillers hadn't made her viciously sick. I think she was on Percoset.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
ThePriceSeliger said:
In one hour I will be completly dead. I've already started with 5 different kind of painkillers/sedatives. It should be a good time. Wish me luck and make me some very soft food and smoothies if you are oh so kind.
Don't be a pussy.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
binary visions said:
Be careful with the painkillers. Jenn had all four wisdom teeth out and would have been fine after the first 24 hours if the painkillers hadn't made her viciously sick. I think she was on Percoset.
Yes, watch out for the Percoset. My whole wisdom tooth experience was fabulous... until that crap made me sick on Thanksgiving morning. :(

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I didn't get percoset when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Whatever I had though I made the mistake of taking on an empty stomach. That was a nightmare and made me feel worse.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Had one wisdom tooth pulled and they gave me codine. I took one due to the dentist's recomendation. I don't know where the rest went. Didn't have any more pain than the typical headache after that, and I don't take stuff for those.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
johnbryanpeters said:
What's the medical reason for removing the wisdom teeth anyway?
They tend to come in crooked on some people and the upper teeth will choke the blood supply to your back molars and kill them, thus you lose your molars. The uppers will also harm your sinuses if left in there too long. The lowers will just kill molars. Not all peole have this issue, for some people they just kind of sit there and never erupt, then it is nothing to worry about. Need any more dental advice, I have jacked up teeth so I've had experience with all sorts of tooth problems.

As for the painkillers, lay off 'em! When I had my teeth out I took a Halceon(sic) beforehand as per doctor recomendation, then just took advil afterward for about 18 hours and it was all good. No need to f*ck up your system just for the hell of it.

maxyedor said:
They tend to come in crooked on some people and the upper teeth will choke the blood supply to your back molars and kill them, thus you lose your molars. The uppers will also harm your sinuses if left in there too long. The lowers will just kill molars. Not all peole have this issue, for some people they just kind of sit there and never erupt, then it is nothing to worry about. Need any more dental advice, I have jacked up teeth so I've had experience with all sorts of tooth problems.

As for the painkillers, lay off 'em! When I had my teeth out I took a Halceon(sic) beforehand as per doctor recomendation, then just took advil afterward for about 18 hours and it was all good. No need to f*ck up your system just for the hell of it.
I know the drill, just hinting that Price make sure it was necessary in his own case.

I agree with you on the painkiller thing - I had a tooth pulled and an implant put in yesterday and took one Advil at 5:00 PM and another at 9:00 PM and that was it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
johnbryanpeters said:
I had a tooth pulled and an implant put in yesterday and took one Advil at 5:00 PM and another at 9:00 PM and that was it.
Really how weird? I just had 2 molars taken out as they were coming in all jacked up and they put some bone grafts in they have to heal for a few months before I get my implants.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
johnbryanpeters said:
What's the medical reason for removing the wisdom teeth anyway?
Its an evolutionary mid-point thing. Our jaws are getting smaller but our tooth count hasn't adjusted.

Basically most people don't have room for that many teeth and it can cause problems.

I had "impacted" wisdom teeth, with twisted roots. Oh soooo much fun:eviltongu

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I had shiny bone dust in my mesh shorts after the op. (upper wisdom teeth resting on bone shelf that needed to be ground away). Advil worked for the painkillers.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I was awake the entire time as my 4 impacted teeth were pulled. At one point I was instructed to grab the chair as the dentist yanked away. I looked up to see drops of blood on his goggles. Oh, and that's also when I realzied that codeine has an opposite effect on me than is intended. Yeah...it was a bad week.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I was on Valume as a sedative, and not sure of the painkiller. Last night at around 3 AM I took a Hydrocodone and I'm all set. I'm in a good amount of pain, but the worst pain of all... I can't eat my catfish I have with lots of tarter sauce and french fries... Damn, does anyone know this feeling? I'm so close, yet so damn far.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
ThePriceSeliger said:
I was on Valume as a sedative, and not sure of the painkiller. Last night at around 3 AM I took a Hydrocodone and I'm all set. I'm in a good amount of pain, but the worst pain of all... I can't eat my catfish I have with lots of tarter sauce and french fries... Damn, does anyone know this feeling? I'm so close, yet so damn far.
Toss it all in the blender and make a smoothie.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
They gave you percocet just to have yer damn teeth out?? I got that stuff for my recent shoulder surgery, I don't know why the hell you need something that strong for fawkin wisdom teeth. They gave me some big ibuprofins for my wisdom teeth, and I didn't even nned to take 'em.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
At least we know he's not from West Virginia!:rofl:

P.S. I've had percocet, percidan, and Tylox. And when I had my wisdome teeth out 25 years ago, three of four were impacted sideways. He had to chisel them out. IV was like heaven. But Percocet sux. Percidan is better. Although I'D ASK FOR TYLOX!!! It's better! Take two Tylox and drink like three beers... LA LA Land... Last time I gave two to my girl freen at the time she got sick too. Women don't have the stomach for it. Eat something, THEN take it.

Aaaaah Tylox... zzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz if it only came in six packs...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Man, my dentist kicked ass. He knocked me out totally via IV, I woke up, and he gave me scrips for some good pills. He pulled all 4 of my wisdom teeth, as two were very crooked, adn I could reach the other two brushing, so was developing cavities. Out they came, and my mouth feels much better.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
BurlyShirley said:
Man, my dentist kicked ass. He knocked me out totally via IV, I woke up, and he gave me scrips for some good pills. He pulled all 4 of my wisdom teeth, as two were very crooked, adn I could reach the other two brushing, so was developing cavities. Out they came, and my mouth feels much better.
i got the same deal as you... 10, 9, 8,7,, ok time to go home now,, huh... slober, drool, and more drool.. had vics for afew days and was good.. swole up like a chipmunk too..:monkey:

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
I was eatting peanuts the next day... doctor said it's okay if he feels good and keeps the area clean... But if they could bottle that backward count Ten... Nine... Eight... Feven... Fix... Fi.............................................................................zzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzz

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Caitlin just had hers out on Tuesday and she's already gone through 22 hydrocodone tabs...Now she wants to get a refill. Nothing special about hers, they just yanked them out.

Should I say no? :p

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
blue said:
Caitlin just had hers out on Tuesday and she's already gone through 22 hydrocodone tabs...Now she wants to get a refill. Nothing special about hers, they just yanked them out.

withdrawls gonna be a bitch..

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
blue said:

HOLY ****! I took probley 20 when I was out of a coma. Tell her to have fun with her withdraw!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I know.

I think I'm taking them away, her family has a history of dependancy, and she had gnar withdrawals from some form of narcotic after she had some vertebrae fused.