Quantcast

@@@GoodMorning,pigfuckers@@@

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey, I resent this thread title. I pay other people to (sustainably) fuck pigs so I don’t have to.

:disgust: :brows:

39B7A9BE-025F-4AEF-8385-84364678CC29.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning sunshine. Here. Now that we've lost our admin we're in charge of our scheduling software, which I promptly fucked up. I have a call bright and early this am and one at 6pm too. The late was is to account for my internet failing last week, so my own scheduling, but it will be a long day.

Need to clean out the garage at some point today and pull the box from the Subaru. It's time to start getting the suspension worked on. Also, fog light lenses showed up yesterday.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my new fork went to the @jonKranked school of shipping logic and is lost in space rn. Not unreasonable shipping time yet but priority mail should have had it here sooner. Latest tracking just says "in transit" though it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday....oh well.

Working on externally routing my rear brake line because internal routing is/can be stupid. My XTs were less than perfect and I want to try something else.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
my new fork went to the @jonKranked school of shipping logic and is lost in space rn. Not unreasonable shipping time yet but priority mail should have had it here sooner. Latest tracking just says "in transit" though it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday....oh well.

Working on externally routing my rear brake line because internal routing is/can be stupid. My XTs were less than perfect and I want to try something else.
which is ridiculous. I've had 2 boxes of springs, fog lamps, struts, etc all show up within 3 days, even though timing was supposed to be 1-week. Oh wait, almost everything went ups/fedex or standard mail. :think:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
16171082647047844430568232041507.jpg

Pigdog not impressed with your thread title.

I am thinking about mountain biking a lot these days. It might actually be time to put the old 26ers in mothballs and move on to the modern world. Then again...maybe not.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Another day trying to figure out wtf I'm doing in this life. Time keeps passing by, yet I still have not figured out my purpose or mission.

View attachment 158330

Pigdog not impressed with your thread title.

I am thinking about mountain biking a lot these days. It might actually be time to put the old 26ers in mothballs and move on to the modern world. Then again...maybe not.
So long as all your stuff still works fine, probably not. I think if I could parts for my 26" stuff, I might still be riding it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
which is ridiculous. I've had 2 boxes of springs, fog lamps, struts, etc all show up within 3 days, even though timing was supposed to be 1-week. Oh wait, almost everything went ups/fedex or standard mail. :think:
I have had great luck with first class in the past. not sure why priority would take longer, but I know the usps is going through things right now. It's just a little frustrating being that I paid for shipping and the seller is a rather reputable suspension shop.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
was going to get up at 5 said eff it, snoozed and extra 30 minutes.

Designed a planter box for a corner of the back yard, gonna build it this weekend.

Needed new laces for my hiking boots so I went the lazy route and ordered them direct from ASOLO, Arrived in 3 days USPS from Hew Hampshire

FTS motivation for working today but I have no choice but to get my ass in gear and go.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh yeah, got my taxes back and it turns out we owe buckets of money again. We are dumping cash into our 401ks (15 and 12%) and I believe we are withholding zero but we still owe. WTF

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my beautiful friends. I'd have been fine sleeping in this morning, but Wife got up early, so I did the same and rode the KICKR for an easy one hour spin. I need to run later at a make-myself-vomit effort, so I've got that to look forward to.

Also, today is my one year work from home anniversary.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

Another day trying to figure out wtf I'm doing in this life. Time keeps passing by, yet I still have not figured out my purpose or mission.
Do we have to have a purpose or mission?

I'm in sort of the same boat as you, where I've previously wondered whats the point, what am I doing, where am I going etc etc.

But I think I'm at the point in my life and age, where I don't really care anymore. I'll never be the Prime Minister of Canada, I won't be a commercial pilot, I don't want to be a manager, I don't want to sacrifice my personal time in favour of work or other things.

The most valuable things to be right now are my animals, girlfriend and enjoying my time outside of work. This is why I have been very strict about not letting my work hours creep up, not even giving a hint or suggestion that I want to pursue management at work, not bothering with 'friends', etc etc.

At the end of it all, we all die, so you have to be happy what you do, no matter what that is. Even if you do nothing, live in a tent with a dog and have $5 to your name; thats okay!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I'm in sort of the same boat as you, where I've previously wondered whats the point, what am I doing, where am I going etc etc.

But I think I'm at the point in my life and age, where I don't really care anymore. I'll never be the Prime Minister of Canada, I won't be a commercial pilot, I don't want to be a manager, I don't want to sacrifice my personal time in favour of work or other things.

The most valuable things to be right now are my animals, girlfriend and enjoying my time outside of work. This is why I have been very strict about not letting my work hours creep up, not even giving a hint or suggestion that I want to pursue management at work, not bothering with 'friends', etc etc.

At the end of it all, we all die, so you have to be happy what you do, no matter what that is. Even if you do nothing, live in a tent with a dog and have $5 to your name; thats okay!

i don't hate my job. i hate jobs in general. i'm at the point where a "career" is just a means to an end.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Colorado Monkey Patio Snow Report:
Yesterday I rode from the house in shorts and short sleeves, then dined al fresco with Teh Financée with just a light layer. Very warm, super nice out. This morning, we now have about a beer can of snow on the patio furniture, maybe a little more, and still coming down. That's gonna reset riding trail a few days at least. What did you get up on top of the hill @6thElement ?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i don't hate my job. i hate jobs in general. i'm at the point where a "career" is just a means to an end.
Yeah jobs in general suck.

But would agree, if you hate your job, that is something you do something about. Most of us spend the majority of each day either working or sleeping. There is no possible way a crappy job situation won't affect your free time, which is the most valuable time.

For careers, also agreed. I've seen friends and coworkers chase promotions and their dreams of having a "career". They are the ones working from 7am until 7pm. We hired a new guy on our team a few months ago and I've seen him still logged in working at 5:30pm on a Friday - I tell him to just stop and leave when I see that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Oh I'm past the point of thinking I'll have a legacy that extends beyond the memory of my immediate family/friends. It's more a commentary on feeling a lack of control over my life's trajectory, and being more along for the ride than anything else.

As in, it is just a reality than I need to have a job. With my skills/knowledge, the grand majority of said jobs are located near educated areas, which often overlap with cities/major urban areas. This also means that I have to live within a reasonable vicinity of said area, along with all the other people in the same situation. So without placing undue burden upon myself/my family, I am now (realistically speaking) limited to living and working at least 5/7ths of my life in a small subset of places in this fairly large country. It all just feels largely predetermined.

So what's one to do? Accept that? Make those 2/7ths count and just enjoy the ride?

I juat can't profess to have any insights about how to proceed. Perhaps it's the proliferation of people on social media who portray themselves as having a mission or passion for something, while I feel like a lost boy without either

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yesterday I rode from the house in shorts and short sleeves, then dined al fresco with Teh Financée with just a light layer. Very warm, super nice out. This morning, we now have about a beer can of snow on the patio furniture, maybe a little more, and still coming down. That's gonna reset riding trail a few days at least. What did you get up on top of the hill @6thElement ?
I love that you measure in beer cans!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys! Living the dream here teaching kids all over the place at the same time! I am using the word teaching because there is some level of learning happening!

In other news, I’m sending out a batch of RM beanies to some lucky monkeys later today (if they check their PMs).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Make those 2/7ths count
Above all else, yes.

The job thing is a bummer when you think about it like that. Yeah we as mere plebeians in this grand society are doomed in that regard.

I work in the auto industry so am also kind of stuck geographically wherever the plants are. Ontario isn't so bad in the grand scheme, but I'd definitely rather be out somewhere more rural.

I'm a dumbass and purchase a random lottery ticket every few weeks or so for $6. Maybe one day that'll be the golden willy wonka ticket out of here. hah

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah jobs in general suck.

But would agree, if you hate your job, that is something you do something about. Most of us spend the majority of each day either working or sleeping. There is no possible way a crappy job situation won't affect your free time, which is the most valuable time.

For careers, also agreed. I've seen friends and coworkers chase promotions and their dreams of having a "career". They are the ones working from 7am until 7pm. We hired a new guy on our team a few months ago and I've seen him still logged in working at 5:30pm on a Friday - I tell him to just stop and leave when I see that.
I would then argue that you should seek employment that's satisfying.
meh. i'd be equally miserable elsewhere, just not as well compensated.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
meh. i'd be equally miserable elsewhere, just not as well compensated.
I'm so much happier with my job since we've gone remote. I pray to the FSM it stays this way, or at least leads to a more flexible WFH arrangement. What's the point of going in when I don't need to? Other than maintaining an antiquated status quo that equates time in the office to performance and productivity.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm so much happier with my job since we've gone remote. I pray to the FSM it stays this way, or at least leads to a more flexible WFH arrangement. What's the point of going in when I don't need to? Other than maintaining an antiquated status quo that equates time in the office to performance and productivity.
there's pros and cons to it. with my kids being home, it's an added layer of difficulty. i like working at home because i don't have to get up early to avoid traffic, plus i have my espresso machine. my total commute per day is close to an hour and a half, which i don't miss. flipside is the blurred lines of work life balance.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
there's pros and cons to it. with my kids being home, it's an added layer of difficulty. i like working at home because i don't have to get up early to avoid traffic, plus i have my espresso machine. my total commute per day is close to an hour and a half, which i don't miss. flipside is the blurred lines of work life balance.
I've been working from home two days a week, for a few weeks now.

There are definitely some days where I wish I was in the office. Like yesterday, while in a meeting, cat #1 is at the window going bananas looking at the grass, cat #2 is literally bouncing off the walls and ended up getting tangled in my headset cable, ripping them off my head. Then the God damn vacuum got turned on. :rofl: Would be way better if I had an actual office at home.

But yeah your commute of 1.5 hours. Fuck that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I had to commute to Highlands Ranch Hospital today. That was unpleasant. I like my work from home setup or my ~15 min easy commute to Anschutz on normal days much better

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
6ish inches of powder, pretty much stopped now. Not sure what that is converted to the new Ridemonkey SI units of boats and dinghy's though.

Regarding jobs, they generally all suck and are just a means to an end. Try to maximize the time outside of work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hey... wasn't somebody taking off their snow tires today?? :busted:
Minivan (still on its snow tires until next week) was just the ticket, with its heated seat and heated wheel. Ahhh warm butt and hands

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife is burning a jasmine and patchouli candle in her office area.

I may have to find a divorce lawyer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Colorado monkey patio snow report:
Only about a pull tabs worth and currently blowing north. Was so warm yesterday the only place the snow is sticking is in the grass. Chickens are not impressed.

In groin news, sneezed yesterday and holy shit, did that hurt so I shall try to avoid doing that again. Getting easier to move around. Going to toss the rest of the percocets, those things were just making me sick and not doing much for the pain. Slept like the dead last night. Not sure if COVID shot hangover or just tired.

Regarding jobs, they generally all suck and are just a means to an end. Try to maximize the time outside of work.
:stupid:

Especially since the "Summer of Shane", I'm a big believer in spending as little time at work as possible.