Quantcast

@@@GoodMorning,pigfuckers@@@

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Took my BMW GSA in for service this morning since it required valve work and final drive work on top of tires and lube and its something I am not prepped to do since all of my tools and gear are in storage.

The service manager was astonished that I had went for so many miles without dying due to a recall from 2 years.

What is this recall you ask? loose spokes.

When I explained to him how easy it is to true a wheel on a stand and it is essentially a users responsibility, he just about broke down from the pressure.

I remember sending @jimmydean pics of said first truing session and laughing about how many were loose.

So now I have a brand new set of wheels on the way from germany.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the cats some grass. Had to take it away from chonky bigboi. Even when I bring him outside, all he does it scratch this one tree and eat grass.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Your usps horror stories give me the scaresies as I have a new set of pedals incoming - my Mg Vaults cracked under the weight of my fat ass and east coast roxx hackery.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
almost missed this email....

ordered this little nugget of am pop radio gold...

Screenshot_20210330-150437_Gmail.jpg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ExwBDukWUAEo8nk.jpg

National Doctors Day lunch at the doctors lounge at Highlands Ranch Hospital. Most excellent. Makes it almost worth the long-ass commute here today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We've been now officially lost our admin and her backup. There will be no replacements. I've spent 3hrs today working on marketing materials and pulling reports vs. doing real, revenue generating work and having her do those things. I don't see this ending well long term.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We've been now officially lost our admin and her backup. There will be no replacements. I've spent 3hrs today working on marketing materials and pulling reports vs. doing real, revenue generating work and having her do those things. I don't see this ending well long term.
1617140434755.png

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
good thing they lowered your target metrics to account for this, eh

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm sure your industry is doing terribly in this pandemic and it was totally justified (eye roll). /me works in the arts

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well that sucked. 3yo was holding dog on the leash in the driveway when neighbors came walking by with their dog. When our dog saw their dog, I knew what was going to happen but it was too late. Just as I started to run over to grab the leash, dog took off taking 3yo with him, clear off his feet. Banged up knee, chin and one of the biggest fat lips I've ever seen. Poor little bastard. No busted teeth at least.

That'll teach him not to hold him half-assedly.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well that sucked. 3yo was holding dog on the leash in the driveway when neighbors came walking by with their dog. When our dog saw their dog, I knew what was going to happen but it was too late. Just as I started to run over to grab the leash, dog took off taking 3yo with him, clear off his feet. Banged up knee, chin and one of the biggest fat lips I've ever seen. Poor little bastard. No busted teeth at least.

That'll teach him not to hold him half-assedly.
:rofl:

We definitely have one of those stories. 5 year old girl is no match for 55lb pit mix with a strong prey drive. Dog might as well have been flying a kite.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
lulz. i'd get even less done than current status of being a lush and ducking out all the time to ride my bike. there's a reason i'm not striving for a more responsible position!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fortunately, there will be no easy way to account for that lost productivity, and management will roll their eyes when you tell them how much time you waste on that admin stuff...
Oh, we did. And we're all short on 2021 targets already. Our manager volunteered to take on Amy's support until we find more efficient ways to do things. That was on Friday. He said that he already spent 2/3 of today prepping marketing materials, pulling reports, and fixing software issues related to scheduling for just 1/2 of the team. That doesn't include me and I used Amy effectively as my PA largely because I have 2x as many accts as others on the team and they are all active (vs. some need effort 2x/yr). He's in for a rude awakening tomorrow, as I put together a list of what I need by eow (preferably sooner). It's at least 8hrs of work to get everything pulled from the database, reports scrubbed to just the data set I need, marketing materials put together, webinars scheduled, adjustments to my availability on a per-plan basis in our scheduling system, and dealing with the issues I've been having with scheduling our scheduling software in general. Good thing he doesn't have another 6 people he needs to pick up load for, in addition to those that were already overloading him. :busted:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh, we did. And we're all short on 2021 targets already. Our manager volunteered to take on Amy's support until we find more efficient ways to do things. That was on Friday. He said that he already spent 2/3 of today prepping marketing materials, pulling reports, and fixing software issues related to scheduling for just 1/2 of the team. That doesn't include me and I used Amy effectively as my PA largely because I have 2x as many accts as others on the team and they are all active (vs. some need effort 2x/yr). He's in for a rude awakening tomorrow, as I put together a list of what I need by eow (preferably sooner). It's at least 8hrs of work to get everything pulled from the database, reports scrubbed to just the data set I need, marketing materials put together, webinars scheduled, adjustments to my availability on a per-plan basis in our scheduling system, and dealing with the issues I've been having with scheduling our scheduling software in general. Good thing he doesn't have another 6 people he needs to pick up load for, in addition to those that were already overloading him. :busted:
:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds like your manager is about to be the new assistant.....