Quantcast

Goodridge hoses

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I was toying with the idea of picking up a set for my Shimano M775 brakes but cant decide if they are really worth the money or not, I'm pretty happy with the power of my brakes as is but a little more couldn't hurt. Thoughts? Anyone running these with M775's?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Never rode shimano brakes but Ive slapped goodridge hoses on all my brakes and it gives them a wooden feel which I like alot. Eliminates some sponge feeling. THeres debates as to whether it actually is noticeable and theoretically you wouldnt be able to tell etc... But I could just assume sell em as ride em before saying they are great because I paid for them. LOL
I love SS lines and Ive caught mine a couple of times on brush etc and had them take impacts that if they were normal lines would have creased and or ripped/severed. So from the durability factor they are worth it and the feel IMO is increased.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I put a set on my juicy carbons 4 years ago. They definetly give a firmer lever, that stays consistent even on long DH runs. The lines are top quality and will likely outlast the brake itself........very durable. This is a bonus if you have a bike with lines mounted under the downtube........regular lines get destroyed from shuttles.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
I run all my brakes with goodridge hoses, and all my brakes are Shimano.
I have a set of M775's with goodridge hoses and I do like the feel of them. They have a really solid feel when it comes to the bite point, that semi-spongy feeling when you really jam on the brakes is gone, which is encouraging, because it feels as if they are way more powerful than with the standard Shimano hoses. But it could be all psychological, which I don't mind either because it gives me more confidence in my brakes. Hope this helps.
In summation, I would recommend investing in the goodridge hoses, oh it takes a little bit longer to initially bleed the whole system when you fit goodridge hoses as well.

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
I've got a set on my shimano m800s (old saint). I would definitely recommend them. Not only do they firm up your lever feel and get rid of the hose flex, but my brakes never fade, ever. And i did notice a slight modulation and power increase as well. I would say they are worth it.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like these are on the way from Chainreaction. I don't understand how that place has such rad prices but $30 each is pretty much what I can get them for cost here in the states, I also ordered a Sram X.0 shifter and it was around $30 less than cost... I guess it pays to be the biggest, all told even with shipping I still saved almost $100.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like these are on the way from Chainreaction. I don't understand how that place has such rad prices but $30 each is pretty much what I can get them for cost here in the states, I also ordered a Sram X.0 shifter and it was around $30 less than cost... I guess it pays to be the biggest, all told even with shipping I still saved almost $100.
Nice, Ive never ordered from CR but Im curious to see how long. I know they have a really good rep as far as getting things stateside quick and cheap.
Keep us posted as to wait etc... Id consider using someone over the pond to save a few bucks on certain items...:thumb:

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Goodridge hoses are a definite upgrade to stock plastic hoses. Grabbing a handfull of brake will be less spongy without sacrificing modulation. A great upgrade IMHO.