Quantcast

Google Glass

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
seems pretty cool..like something we've seen in movies for years now. the aesthetics maybe arent all too pleasing but still a interesting product

i think id like the screen in my left eye since im right eye dominate.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Looks cool, but if you get picked as a tester, looks like you still have to cough up $1500 for the prototype. Definitely a step forward.

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
Does the Wi-Fi fry your brain under a carbon lid?
Would beat the stickcam dangling from my Visor!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
another player in the market

Imagine a situation where you have instant access to a vast trove of ride data and information, all without turning your gaze away from the road or trail: power output, speed, distance, turn-by-turn directions, text messages, warnings from your team director, you name it. All that – and maybe more – could be within reach with the Recon Jet sunglasses (US$599, no word on UK availability yet).

The glasses are bolstered with GPS, WiFi, ANT+, Bluetooth 4.0, accelerometers, a gyroscope, a magnetometer, a front-facing HD camera, a microphone, speakers, an altimeter, a barometer, a thermometer, and a micro-USB rechargeable Li-polymer battery.

They have 1GB of DDR2 SDRAM, 8GB of flash memory, and a modified version of the popular – and powerful – Android operating system running on a dual-core processor with dedicated graphics. So it's safe to say they offer enormous potential in terms of available information.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/recon-jet-smart-sunglasses-first-look-37749/