Quantcast

GOP: WE SUPPORT (some of) OUR TROOPS!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Well, well,well...seems the self proclaimed standard bearers of Troop Support don't really support "all" our Troops...

Putting aside the question of whether the “audience” really booed Stephen Hill at last night’s debate — that’s an overstatement by any measure — the simple fact is that when Hill, who is serving in Iraq, was pelted with scattered boos, none of the GOP candidates rose to his defense:
Multiple news stories today are claiming that the GOP candidates didn’t object to the booing of a “gay soldier.” That is an accurate description of what happened. An even more accurate description of what happened is to say that the GOP candidates didn’t object to the booing of a soldier.
And the killer:
It would obviously be unfair to use this episode to tar all Republicans. Some, to their credit, have already registered their dismay about what happened. Even audience members reacted badly and told the hecklers to shut up. But it’s perfectly fair to see it as representative of the caliber of the candidates that stood on the stage last night. A soldier was booed after politely asking the candidates whether he would continue to enjoy equal treatment in the military, as current law stipulates, should one of them become president. None of the candidates rose to that soldier’s defense. None thanked him for his service.

Article

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
On the contrary...some of the toughest guys I ever knew were gay. They grow up defending themselves...learn to fight if they want to survive.

On a side note, the military hasnt collapsed yet, almost a week into the end of the DADT era...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Log Cabin Republicans: Did you hear that faggot wake up call? No?

Can you hear it now?
Fo rizzle. Maybe its the brain injury talking but I will be damned if I can figure out how and/or why a gay/transgender/whatever would associate with the GOP. Its like a Jew joining the Hitler youth, it just doesn't make fvcking sense and is self defeating. No matter how hard you try, your always going to be the enemy. :confused:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fo rizzle. Maybe its the brain injury talking but I will be damned if I can figure out how and/or why a gay/transgender/whatever would associate with the GOP. Its like a Jew joining the Hitler youth, it just doesn't make fvcking sense and is self defeating. No matter how hard you try, your always going to be the enemy. :confused:
That's why they hide in the mens room stalls at airports.

<edit> On a side note, my best friend came over last night for birthday beers and we got to talk about DADT. His first comment was "so now I am thinking about getting out..." He has been in the guard for 12 years now, 4 of those since he was commissioned and made captain while in Iraq last year.

When I asked why he felt he needed to get out, he said he didn't like the idea of serving with openly gay members. I was floored. Yes, he watches way too much Fox Newz, but he is a smart dude. But he still has some ingrained redneck conservative that won't let the logical side of his brain talk.

So I asked, what if half your scouts came out of the closet? Ranger tab wearing scouts, I bet there are at least a few Rangers who are gay. Most gay guys I know are in incredible shape. :rofl:

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
<edit> On a side note, my best friend came over last night for birthday beers and we got to talk about DADT. His first comment was "so now I am thinking about getting out..." He has been in the guard for 12 years now, 4 of those since he was commissioned and made captain while in Iraq last year.
I would've responded "so you're thinking about coming out? That's awesome, I'm going to try to be as supportive as I can..."

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would've responded "so you're thinking about coming out? That's awesome, I'm going to try to be as supportive as I can..."
:rofl:

It's just disappointing to see someone so capable in the military (Joe is wicked high speed) consider leaving just because he MIGHT have to serve with someone with a lifestyle he doesn't agree with.

It's like there will be MORE gay sex in the barracks than there was originally now because DADT is gone. Or the uniform standards will be changed to allow for fashion accessories. :panic:

Iraq will be one big gay orgy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rofl:

It's just disappointing to see someone so capable in the military (Joe is wicked high speed) consider leaving just because he MIGHT have to serve with someone with a lifestyle he doesn't agree with.

It's like there will be MORE gay sex in the barracks than there was originally now because DADT is gone. Or the uniform standards will be changed to allow for fashion accessories. :panic:

Iraq will be one big gay orgy.
He should definitely get out. Lord know there are a lot fewer gays outside of the military.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's why they hide in the mens room stalls at airports.

When I asked why he felt he needed to get out, he said he didn't like the idea of serving with openly gay members. I was floored. Yes, he watches way too much Fox Newz, but he is a smart dude. But he still has some ingrained redneck conservative that won't let the logical side of his brain talk.

So I asked, what if half your scouts came out of the closet? Ranger tab wearing scouts, I bet there are at least a few Rangers who are gay. Most gay guys I know are in incredible shape. :rofl:
The thing about gays and straights is that there is really a very tiny percentage of gays, so most keep their outward behavior private in professional or this case, military setting.

So now that gays can serve openly, it isn't like wearing tutus and hitting on non-willing straights, both of which are banned by the Military Code of Conduct. They just can't be drummed out for being gay, which of course, there are soldiers already serving who have kept it a secret.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The thing about gays and straights is that there is really a very tiny percentage of gays, so most keep their outward behavior private in professional or this case, military setting.

So now that gays can serve openly, it isn't like wearing tutus and hitting on non-willing straights, both of which are banned by the Military Code of Conduct. They just can't be drummed out for being gay, which of course, there are soldiers already serving who have kept it a secret.
Not according to Fox. :panic: