Quantcast

GoPro Hero3 being released...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Quite surprised that no one is talking about this... Or at least it didnt appear that way from a quick search I did.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras

Hero-3 looks pretty nice. What really is going to be telling is if they fixed that darn "rattle" that seemed to have plagued the previous versions. You can always tell a GP vid by that loud "clack" sound the mic made.

Half the size, half the weight, 2x the resolution, built in Wifi... all great features.

On the topic of the audio:

"Understanding that sound quality is as important as image quality, GoPro engineers completely redesigned the HERO3 to be as adept at capturing the subtle, natural sounds of voice and music as it is at capturing the immersive sounds of sport. Also improved is GoPro's already famous wind-noise reduction, ensuring that you'll hear more of your passion, be it your engine or expletives, and less of the wind during high speed activities."

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Ok - so I splashed out on one of these.

Arrived and unpacked.

Argued with WiFi settings for remote and iPhone. Won the argument and all working fine.

First test video shot - hooray...? Now what? Anyone got a good workflow for an amateur? I've got the cineform d/l from gopro's site, and Vegas Movie Studio HD v9.

Probably will only be shooting in 720p and uploading to f/b and yt. Keen on getting some slow mo in there somehow.

Thanks