Quantcast

Gore loves him some electricity or do as I say not as I do.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.
And he has a thing for natural gas as well.
Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
*yawn*

What if he uses his home as an office and to entertain influencial people? Maybe the use is justified, but we'll not hear that from partisan sources.

Well, at least he didn't lead us into a war based on a lie based on an agenda of apocalypse.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
interestingly, i was watching this story get dugg, and subsequently buried, on digg throughout the day yesterday.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
I believe that Gore buys CO2 credits to offset his usage. We can debate whether that is effective or not, but I thought I would mention it, for full disclosure and all.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I believe that Gore buys CO2 credits to offset his usage. We can debate whether that is effective or not, but I thought I would mention it, for full disclosure and all.
"They" don't care about disclosure. Also, most of "them" don't even know what a CO2 credit is.

When my new bro-in-law's sister got married in South America a few months back, her and the groom requested people buy CO2 credits instead of wedding gifts.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yeah, i heard the money is used to buy energy efficient camp stoves for starving people in eritrea. not food, mind you...camp stoves

true story. heard it on the internets.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
When my new bro-in-law's sister got married in South America a few months back, her and the groom requested people buy CO2 credits instead of wedding gifts.
were you all "damn. i already gave to the human fund"?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.
Does he have a grow room in his basement?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I do believe I heard on the news today that there is construction going on there and that he is having solar panels and sh!t installed.

Not that I like that twat.....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh FFS, he's a multimillionaire. Who cares what his electricity bill is? Isn't it more important he's trying to educate people about this in the first place?

By the way, I buy my power from Meridian Energy who only generate power from renewable sources AND who operate their business carbon neutrally. :smug:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oh FFS, he's a multimillionaire. Who cares what his electricity bill is? Isn't it more important he's trying to educate people about this in the first place?

By the way, I buy my power from Meridian Energy who only generate power from renewable sources AND who operate their business carbon neutrally. :smug:
Everyone loves a hypocrite...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yeah, well, winter's coming.

curious, do you have a choice from whom you buy power? we don't.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Double check that. A good portion of the country DOES indeed have a choice, but it's not promoted or advertised.
yeah, i thought that was the whole idea behind deregulation, but i've never experienced the fruits of that labor.

to top that, csu (colorado springs utilities) is a non-profit, but keeps jacking up their rates & continues to advertise on t.v.

very strange.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
So what was your agenda with this thread?
I wanted to use bad grammar cause its funny.

Or that leading by example should be important.

Or that the release increased the actual electricity usage by a factor of 10.

Or how quickly folks will dismiss things about folks with whom they agree.

But mostly the bad grammar thing.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
gore is an excellent lead-by-example type, as long as you mean "how can you be a good catholic & throw money to compensate your guilt"

don't tell this to anyone at his baptist church; it would be "inconvenient"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
So neither of you looked at the above link to see how this is all bullsh!t?

Ok then, have a nice day.
you mean the part where dude says the TCPR's claim to being non-partisan is laughable, but is too busy laughing to back it up?

yeah, i read that & more. really, what's the point? it's herr olbermensche