Quantcast

Gore Mountain - NY

simontac

Chimp
Jul 29, 2010
Hi,

Planning a short notice end of season DH trip. Usual suspects for us Ontario riders - Whiteface, Plattekill, Bormont.

But just checking around - and see something on Gore Mountain in North Creek, NY? Plenty of vertical (which us vert challenged in Ontario love) and it states they run lift access DH trails on Saturdays and Sundays 10-4.

Anyone with riding at Gore Mountain? My negligence I suppose, but it is not even in my radar until accidentally coming across it tonight.

We have been to Whiteface, Bromont, Diablo, and Plattekill this year (oh and 7Springs but that was just for a day in passing on a family trip). How is Gore Mountain and the trails compared to any of these?

Thanks

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
My son and myself got hooked on downhilling at Gore. We went once on a random weekend and never stopped. Before that day I hadn't rode a bike in over 20 years.We had season passes there for tthe next wo years. The trails were great and regulars had the PTN (private trail network). Sadly Gore is owned by NYS and they killed it off a few years back. There was one attempt at a comeback but all the good trails were closed and unrideable, limiting access to just fire roads. I love that place and would go back in a second. I highly doubt the venue will ever reopen.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My son and myself got hooked on downhilling at Gore. We went once on a random weekend and never stopped. Before that day I hadn't rode a bike in over 20 years.We had season passes there for tthe next wo years. The trails were great and regulars had the PTN (private trail network). Sadly Gore is owned by NYS and they killed it off a few years back. There was one attempt at a comeback but all the good trails were closed and unrideable, limiting access to just fire roads. I love that place and would go back in a second. I highly doubt the venue will ever reopen.
It is reopened, been advertised all summer (here and there) - I have doubts on the quality of the trails nowadays.