Quantcast

Got 10-15 minutes? Take this MTB Survey

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Question - who has to pay for trail access? That would suckola.
I don't have to pay but choose to do so. Local farmer charges for people to ride on private land to cover insurance and maintenance. I can pay to ride there or burn twice as much $$ in gas to drive somewhere else to ride.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Heidi said:
Question - who has to pay for trail access? That would suckola.
Good example would be the Kingdom Trails in VT. Sure you could poach but I'll pay to ride those trails. You live in Mecca, try living in Rochester where you can't ride legally ANYWHERE whether you pay or not :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Interesting questions on that survey...

Rarely do I ride with anyone where I have to wait 10 minutes for someone to catch up. I stop and wait when they are out of my eyesight. And generally speaking, the people I ride with don't get 10 minutes ahead of me. They are little more curteous than that.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sorry, Didn't know it was already posted. I thought it was interesting anyway.

As for paying to ride trails, state and federal parks somtimes charge, Ski Resorts Charge, etc.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Westy said:
I don't have to pay but choose to do so. Local farmer charges for people to ride on private land to cover insurance and maintenance. I can pay to ride there or burn twice as much $$ in gas to drive somewhere else to ride.
Your not talking Lodi Farms (Hollywood) in Stafford/F-burg are you?

A lot of trails on Forest Service is pay to ride in TN/NC. They charge you in parking fees...but same kind of deal. Tsali, Ocoee (Tanasi system and Chilhowee mtn) and I remember a few trail heads in Pisgah doing that too. Its only a couple of bucks

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
d.e.f. said:
Your not talking Lodi Farms (Hollywood) in Stafford/F-burg are you?

A lot of trails on Forest Service is pay to ride in TN/NC. They charge you in parking fees...but same kind of deal. Tsali, Ocoee (Tanasi system and Chilhowee mtn) and I remember a few trail heads in Pisgah doing that too. Its only a couple of bucks
Panorama Farms in Charlottesville.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Westy said:
Panorama Farms in Charlottesville.
Right on. Similar situation. I'm only mostly familiar w/ Stafford, Prince William, Fairfax and Fredericksburg's trails....plus a few rides out at Poor Farm. I didn't get as serious as I am now until I moved to Knoxville for school.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
There were a few trails we used to have to pay to use in Phoenix when I lived there. The fee was only $2 a vehicle, and we never really thought about it as a deterrent. It always went back to the trail.

We thought more about how far away the trail was that we intended to ride. With gas prices as they are now, that's still the main factor for me and my friends.