Quantcast

got a lil question/problem

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
2,928
1
Arkansas
i need to write a 7 page min. argumentative (sp) research paper for my english comp 1 class...i cant pick anything thats been in the news like gun control, gay marrage, abortion, stuff like that...so i'm supposed to pick something i like and write about it so i picked biking...so here's my problem, i'll think of ideas and then i have to think can i really write 7 pages on this...any ideas...basicly i pick a topic and pick a side on that topic do research yada yada yada...any help would be greatful
 

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
8,153
0
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
1.) Stable-platform
2.) Frame design evolution
3.) What the hell is freeriding and why should the world care...(I luv it...just a topic helper here...)
4.) You could just get 7 pages of lounge forum posts....that's mostly argumentative...
5.) How the protective equipment of mtbking has evolved in conjunction with the drastic evolution of the different riding styles
6.) Why you like to ride...(might require a lot of inner thought and extrapolation...could result in many drunk nights of crying...be warned)

If I think of any more....I just might take up an English major later....
 

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
4,587
0
North Carolina
english comp 1 huh. I took it last year. I did my research on schools hiring teachers based on field experience rather than having a college education for teaching in the field. (ie: going to school for a given class to teach, like biology) Plenty of stuff to write about. And very arguementative.
 

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
2,240
0
Ballard 4 life.
Secret Squirrel said:
1.) Stable-platform
2.) Frame design evolution
3.) What the hell is freeriding and why should the world care...(I luv it...just a topic helper here...)
4.) You could just get 7 pages of lounge forum posts....that's mostly argumentative...
5.) How the protective equipment of mtbking has evolved in conjunction with the drastic evolution of the different riding styles
6.) Why you like to ride...(might require a lot of inner thought and extrapolation...could result in many drunk nights of crying...be warned)

If I think of any more....I just might take up an English major later....
Good topics. Here's a few more that might help:
1.) Trail preservation issues
2.) History and influences in the biking industry
3.) Why is Bender famous?
4.) Popular misconceptions about mt. biking
5.) Why freeriding IS an actual style of mt. biking
6.) Why am I so obsessed with the Lounge?
edit: I skipped 7. it is unlucky number.
8.) Evolution of the sport itself
--->a.) Why certain people like different styles
--->b.) How those styles have evolved
9.) Why for the love of God can't Kanter figure out a tire size?
10.) The influence of online forums (i.e. RideMonkey) on mountain biking
11.) Tensions between roadies and mt. bikers.
 

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
196
0
Monterey, CA
PonySoldier said:
Land use conflicts as it relates to Mountain Biking versus other users..should get all kinds of folks riled up..
I used that one in an AP class in high school and it really pissed of the Hippy teacher from Berkley. Focus your paper on the use of wilderness lands by bicycles and how they never fell under the intial term "mechanized" which was only to keep out minning and logging machinery. Lots of info in all the magazines and on line.
 

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
2,240
0
Arkansaw
cannondalejunky said:
i need to write a 7 page min. argumentative (sp) research paper for my english comp 1 class...i cant pick anything thats been in the news like gun control, gay marrage, abortion, stuff like that...so i'm supposed to pick something i like and write about it so i picked biking...so here's my problem, i'll think of ideas and then i have to think can i really write 7 pages on this...any ideas...basicly i pick a topic and pick a side on that topic do research yada yada yada...any help would be greatful
We could could go to the DJs/Skate park/BMX track and you can write about how horrible my style is.
 
Feb 14, 2004
831
0
SoCal
Write the about the effects in the workplace if ridemonkey was blocked. We'd prolly have the solution to all the worlds problems in like days.
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
When I wrote my english 200 paper (12 pages) I wrote it on Drugs in sports, or more specifically "the effect of performance enhancing drugs on professional sports"
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
50,816
4,185
In a van.... down by the river
cannondalejunky said:
i need to write a 7 page min. argumentative (sp) research paper for my english comp 1 class...i cant pick anything thats been in the news like gun control, gay marrage, abortion, stuff like that...so i'm supposed to pick something i like and write about it so i picked biking...so here's my problem, i'll think of ideas and then i have to think can i really write 7 pages on this...any ideas...basicly i pick a topic and pick a side on that topic do research yada yada yada...any help would be greatful
Why don't you just hand in this quote?

You'll for sure get an A++ for your mad English skilz. :rolleyes:
 

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
2,928
1
Arkansas
SkaredShtles said:
Why don't you just hand in this quote?

You'll for sure get an A++ for your mad English skilz. :rolleyes:
iT"z uh fourom i dont cair bout mi eNglish skilzz

We could could go to the DJs/Skate park/BMX track and you can write about how horrible my style is.
or we could go and i could write one about how much i suck