Quantcast

Got a 'little' surprise yesterday

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
binary visions said:
Congrats! Isn't that a fairly large set of twins? She must have been really happy to give birth!

Glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing fine.
It's actually a good size. My mother carried my sisters to term (39 weeks and a couple of days) and they were 8lbs 1oz and 8lbs 8oz. She was the size of a house and quite uncomfortable for the last few weeks, but they were both very healthy...and the largest set of twins on record for the hospital.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I was (am) a twin, ferternal. I was 6 weeks preem, but ended up OK. My sister was 6.8 or something, I was sub-4. I used to joke that i got tired of her eating all of the food, and kicked her out. Check this, I am a twin, my wife's father was a twin, my fathers brothers were twins, and my mothers aunts were twins...two all around. My wife wants kids, and I am scared, and selfish! Have fun with it!

J

JRB

Rip said:
Do I sense Loco and Wumpus will now be doing group rides with child carriers on the back of the bikes?

Congratulations!
Well - we both have trailers. :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Wumpus said:
Murff(#1 10:41am) weighs in at 5lbs15oz and is 18.5".
Wang(#2 10:49am) weighs in at 6lbs3oz and is 18.5".

The doctor had her deliver in the OR just in case anything happened --we had a doctor, an anesthelogist, five or so delivery nurses, and one NICU nurse, with the C-section doc on standby but everything was fine and dandy.
Congrats!!!

May Murff and Wang have a long happy and prosperous life!!!

;)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The boys seem to be doing well. They are almost back to their original birth weights. (They are suppose to be there by day ten.)

They are having their fourth bilirubin(jaundice) test in three days, but they have passed all so far and their numbers were dropping yesterday afternoon(day five -- right on schedule). Yeah for sunshine.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Wumpus said:
The boys seem to be doing well. They are almost back to their original birth weights. (They are suppose to be there by day ten.)

They are having their fourth bilirubin(jaundice) test in three days, but they have passed all so far and their numbers were dropping yesterday afternoon(day five -- right on schedule). Yeah for sunshine.
Cute pics and I am glad to hear that the boys are doing well!!! We've been looking at bike trailers too :p We could form our own posse or something :think:

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Wumpus said:

Did they require a bilirubin blanket? Our daughter did.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Our little guy's bilirubin count was high too, but this is the first I've seen "the blanket" the nurses kept referring to.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
BikeGeek said:
Our little guy's bilirubin count was high too, but this is the first I've seen "the blanket" the nurses kept referring to.
I've heard green light works better, but it makes the kiddos look really weird so they use blue.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:
I am getting quite bored with the prego--limbo. I have everything ready and no baby!
Sounds like my wife, she was going nuts! It didn't help that her parents showed up at our house on her due date and stayed until their grandchild made an appearance. :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BikeGeek said:
Sounds like my wife, she was going nuts! It didn't help that her parents showed up at our house on her due date and stayed until their grandchild made an appearance. :dead:
Oh boy! My folks live about 45 minutes away and my inlaws live about 4 hours away and said they won't be arriving until they get the call. I don't mind having them at the house though, they're pretty helpful and are good for a few laughs.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:
Oh boy! My folks live about 45 minutes away and my inlaws live about 4 hours away and said they won't be arriving until they get the call. I don't mind having them at the house though, they're pretty helpful and are good for a few laughs.
Her parents are 2 of the most impatient people I've ever known. My wife only went a week past her due date, but her parents were constantly asking "anything yet? how do you feel now?" The worst was "you know we only have off a week," like we had any say in when he was coming.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BikeGeek said:
Her parents are 2 of the most impatient people I've ever known. My wife only went a week past her due date, but her parents were constantly asking "anything yet? how do you feel now?" The worst was "you know we only have off a week," like we had any say in when he was coming.
Yikes! I would probably have kicked them out. Lucky for me the inlaws are both retired so they aren't as concerned with the exact arrival date/time. My sisters are much more concerned as they go back to college the weekend before I am due and are worried about missing seeing the baby until everyone else has seen her.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
LOL! The neighbor offered her 18 month old too. Is Piper getting excited too?
Piper is very excited! She drew a picture of our house/yard yesterday so the baby can see what his new home is like while we're still at the hospital. :love: She's psyched to feed the baby but "won't be touching any poopy diapers" :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Piper is very excited! She drew a picture of our house/yard yesterday so the baby can see what his new home is like while we're still at the hospital. :love: She's psyched to feed the baby but "won't be touching any poopy diapers" :p
LOL! That's absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to see pics of her and the baby together. Tell Kell I said hello and good luck!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:
He looks like a sweetie!!! Definitely get some more pics uploaded! :D
That was taken moments after taking him out of his bathtub. He was crying the entire bath and I got him wrapped up and he quieted down right away. Trina took the picture then commented "see, he just wanted his daddy." I replied, "no, he's pissing all over my shirt." :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BikeGeek said:
That was taken moments after taking him out of his bathtub. He was crying the entire bath and I got him wrapped up and he quieted down right away. Trina took the picture then commented "see, he just wanted his daddy." I replied, "no, he's pissing all over my shirt." :D
LOL! The joys of being a father :devil: