Quantcast

Got arrested last night.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
And to all you geezers...You would be surprised at the the amount of illegal things (related to bud and alcohol) are in the majority of HS kids' cars nowadays, on a pretty regular basis.
Not suprised at all. When I was 17 I would cruise around in my Suburban carrying misc combinations of:

Whiskey
A machete
Pickled vegetables (should be illegal)
Beer
Weed
Crank
Mushrooms
Acid
Vodka
Butterfly knives
Misc cheesy martial arts weapons (sometimes home-made)
Underage goth girls drunk on Bartles & James

Somehow I never got caught...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
just a little aside to those of you who are hardline against drugs and are also mountain bikers: ever see the pictures of the guys who invented mountain biking? They were VW bus driving, bong totin' hippies. Certified Grade A Potheads. Pot, kettle, black my friends.
I ride a mtn bike, therefore I use drugs? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Don't post stoned anymore.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Not suprised at all. When I was 17 I would cruise around in my Suburban carrying misc combinations of:

Whiskey
A machete
Pickled vegetables (should be illegal)
Beer
Weed
Crank
Mushrooms
Acid
Vodka
Butterfly knives
Misc cheesy martial arts weapons (sometimes home-made)
Underage goth girls drunk on Bartles & James

Somehow I never got caught...
Not saying this to you Mack in particular, but so many people now a days are just good at getting caught... or bad at not getting caught.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ride a mtn bike, therefore I use drugs? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Don't post stoned anymore.

You obviously missed the point. I was calling out the irony in the fact that people who love mtb so much but are such haters against potheads/other drug users, yet the sport they love so much was conceived by a bunch of potheads. :bonk:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
You obviously missed the point. I was calling out the irony in the fact that people who love mtb so much but are such haters against potheads/other drug users, yet the sport they love so much was conceived by a bunch of potheads. :bonk:
I think the point is that we're not "haters against potheads". We just think they are idiots for whining about being caught with a substance they KNOW is illegal.

You made a stupid move, you got squeezed for it. Just take your lumps and chalk it up to "lesson learned".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think the point is that we're not "haters against potheads". We just think they are idiots for whining about being caught with a substance they KNOW is illegal.

You made a stupid move, you got squeezed for it. Just take your lumps and chalk it up to "lesson learned".
You, and several other people, have really crappy reading skills.

I have to go to court next week and have no idea what to expect. I have a feeling that my car was searched illegally but that is just me speculating (im sure cops allways find a way to get in 'legally') Any one else been in this boat before?
THAT was the focus of his post. Not whining, he was asking what to expect and if anyone else had faced it.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
terry stop.

if they had a reason to think that you may have a waepon (paintball marker or otherwise) they can stop you and search your grab area. If that search turns up things that would give them PC for the rest of your ride.

Dicks? Maybe, but they didn't get bagged with the heezy. ;)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Im getting a lawyer and plan on pleading guilty in court with some nice clothes on. My lawyer said that i should expect community service and 6 months of probo.

But, this was an expensive mistake and is going to cost me around 500 bucks to clear up. Eh, what are you gunna do? So there goes some money but over all im not to worried about it.

Thanks to all who offered advice. And to all of those who did not, i hope you feel better soon. :cupidarrow:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
You, and several other people, have really crappy reading skills.

THAT was the focus of his post. Not whining, he was asking what to expect and if anyone else had faced it.
I read it very well. Complaining of "illegal search" is trying to beat the rap and complaining about it. It's a cop out (pun intended). He got busted. Instead of going on about "illegal search" he could have simply asked "what should I expect to get from a judge?" or "how should I handle going to court with this?" or "should I get a lawyer or just plead guilty?" Hell, when I got busted senior year with the rest of my housemates for throwing a massive party, serving to minors, noise violations, no permit for having 1500 people in the driveway, public intoxication, etc etc that amounted to about a dozen different violations, I was fully prepared to take what they gave me. By some miracle, one of the cops that busted us happened to be a cool guy who was not far out of college himself and he saw to it that we got written warnings and nothing else.

Would a ticket have sucked? Hell yes. Would CS have sucked? Big time. Was I going to go to a judge and say "Well, the beer keg was on our porch, so because it was on OUR property and not public property they had no right to search?" Not hardly. He's a minor. It's a misdemeanor. It'll be sealed up and the world will never care.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Im getting a lawyer and plan on pleading guilty in court with some nice clothes on. My lawyer said that i should expect community service and 6 months of probo.

But, this was an expensive mistake and is going to cost me around 500 bucks to clear up. Eh, what are you gunna do? So there goes some money but over all im not to worried about it.

Thanks to all who offered advice. And to all of those who did not, i hope you feel better soon. :cupidarrow:
WTF?

I am so glad I live in where I do.

Kid caught with 2oz of bud and two full half gallons of vodka driving a car without a license (is 15).

Gets off with a MIP and $800 fine. I don't think he was even arrested.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005

Good deal. Community service isn't a big deal, yeah it sucks, but it's easy. Probation is no big deal either, just keep your nose clean.

500 bucks is pretty light. You're lucky it's not more. But the important thing is you learned something from this, even if it is just to leave your stash at home.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Hey Price, you learning anything from all of this?

I hope you are ok with all of this Mack, but you kind of have to expect things like this to happen when you screw around as a kid.

If you were stoned while you were driving, you deserve what you get. If not, I hope it goes well. We have all had our transgressions, but when you drive under the influence of anything, you are screwing with other people's lives. I don't think that is cool.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA

Count your blessings. Some jursidicitons it's a lot more expensive, especially if it's in a school zone, or they press intent to distribute, or they add driving while impared, or the officers involved decided to write you a trainwreck ticket. I was working in a Judges office one day when he comes in laughing. He fines aomeone $50 bucks for having a joint, and smoking it in front of a forest ranger. The guy complains that the fine seems harsh for a single joint. So the judge doubles the fine.

True story:

One of my younger brothers got "usual suspect" status with the local police when I he was a kid. His life became miserable, he was constantly hassled, and more often than not he got taken to jail...weed, drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest and he was usually guilty. By the time he turned 18 every cop in a 20 mile radius knew who he was, and he started getting arrested for real. It eventually took getting arrested for assualt while stoned and going to prison for a year before he finally realized he need to modify his behavior.

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
Count your blessings. Some jursidicitons it's a lot more expensive, especially if it's in a school zone, or they press intent to distribute, or they add driving while impared, or the officers involved decided to write you a trainwreck ticket. I was working in a Judges office one day when he comes in laughing. He fines aomeone $50 bucks for having a joint, and smoking it in front of a forest ranger. The guy complains that the fine seems harsh for a single joint. So the judge doubles the fine.

True story:

One of my younger brothers got "usual suspect" status with the local police when I he was a kid. His life became miserable, he was constantly hassled, and more often than not he got taken to jail...weed, drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest and he was usually guilty. By the time he turned 18 every cop in a 20 mile radius knew who he was, and he started getting arrested for real. It eventually took getting arrested for assualt while stoned and going to prison for a year before he finally realized he need to modify his behavior.

quit the gloom and doom nobody wants to hear it (^ @! # !! @% !% @!) decipher whats in the parentheseis, PM me with the answer and i'll give u a prize. It's perfectly relative to the sentence.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
...But, this was an expensive mistake and is going to cost me around 500 bucks to clear up.
dang...just think of all the weed you could have bought for 500 bucks!!! :banghead:

Anyhow Mack...I live in CT...I know what it's like here. Chin up...you'll get through it!! :cupidarrow:

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
i think this stanza especially:
****in with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i think this stanza especially:
****in with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics
you are an idiot. that song has no relevance to this thread.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
lesson learned... dicking around in cars, especially with drugs in them is a serious no-no. Cars are boxes that you sit and drive around in public, that can be stopped by cops for no reason whatsoever. Theyre basically traps that you cannot hide in or get away from. I used to smoke herb in my truck every day, and i had to get stopped several times and sweat my balls off before i realized that it's just not worth the chance of getting pulled over to have a quick smoke.

next lesson, once on probation, don't **** it up. Pass your UA's. get he monthly report forms in on time, and pay the fines on time. It will go away in due time. Failing to do any of that, and it just gets worse.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
A gram? The cop should have just confiscated it and then rolled a fat one for after work. More than a few cops I've known would have done that.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Got nailed with some 26-a possesion of marijuana and parifinalia last night. One of the kids in my grade shot my car up with some paint balls, and i got pulled over for it. The cops were dicks as usual and called in six backup cars...yes, six. They looked in my windows and i turned everything over for them and insisted that i had no paintball guns in my car. Then, they asked me to get out. I got out and locked my car and told them that i didnt concent to any searches. Then the cop just went inside and laughed. Found my piece, a scale and a gram of dank. Arrested

I have to go to court next week and have no idea what to expect. I have a feeling that my car was searched illegally but that is just me speculating (im sure cops allways find a way to get in 'legally') Any one else been in this boat before?

edit: My friends car had two loaded semi automatic paintball guns in it, and they let them go. Justice didnt seem to fit in last night.
That sucks dude. I'm surprised by how many dicks are on this board. Seriously. :disgust: :disgust: Everyone is acting like they are perfect and never did anything illegal in their lives.

Sure he got caught with illegal drugs, that doesn't mean you guys can't feel sorry for a sh*tty experience he is going through.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
A gram? The cop should have just confiscated it and then rolled a fat one for after work. More than a few cops I've known would have done that.
I don't think a gram would roll a fat one. Might fill my bowel, err, bowl.

hey, don't knock a green suppository... it's how Mr. Hanky was born.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Criminals and lawyers call it "profiling". Intelligent people call it "using your f&cking brain and noticing situations where a crime is likely being committed".
perfectly said.

"man...that cop pulled me over and searched my car just because i have nappy beez-wax filled dreads, grateful dead stickers and a PHISH license plate. friggin profilin' prick!"
....nevermind the clambake that was going on inside the car and the fact that potheads never seem to notice that they smell like a 150lb marijuana plant. :rolleyes: some of you guys just make it too easy.

-or-

"All units be on the lookout for a shoplifting suspect. black male, 6'2", 175lbs wearing a red #12 basketball jersey with blue jeans and corn rows. subject last seen heading south in the 400 block of s. main st. suspect stole a 12 pack of beer"

i see a b/m in a red #12 jersey w/ blue jeans and corn rows. I stop and talk to him and ask him where he got the 12 pack of beer. "man! why you always profilin' me pig?!"
"...um...because you fit the P-R-O-F-I-L-E retard!"

you see, we're really just out to harrass people. we have no idea what we're doing and absolutely no knowledge of your 4th and 14th ammendment rights against illegal searches and siezures. we spend countless hours in legal training for nothing. yup, we're just here to make your life a living hell for having illegal substances, the man is out to get you and you're the victim. :banghead: :banghead: :rant:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
you see, we're really just out to harrass people. we have no idea what we're doing and absolutely no knowledge of your 4th and 14th ammendment rights against illegal searches and siezures. we spend countless hours in legal training for nothing. yup, we're just here to make your life a living hell for having illegal substances, the man is out to get you and you're the victim. :banghead: :banghead: :rant:
I bet the police were profiling teenage vandals driving on Halloween night who smell like marijuana.

BTW, I got home early and did not touch my car until the next morning...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I can't believe this has gone on for 11 pages.

My issue was not with teasing someone for doing something foolish*, as probably 2/5 of all my posts are doing the exact same thing; it was with some of the more mean-spirited and likely hypocritical commentary. The kid isn't even 18 yet and I for one would hate to see my rap sheet had I been caught doing even 10% of the stupid shi+ I did at that age. Like Mack, I got popped because of the stupidity of a friend- one who left an open container of alcohol in his vehicle while we were fishing nearby. Unlike Mack, though, I was 19 and considered(at least by the law) an adult. It was a tough 15 months, but since I'd left home after high school, at least I didn't have to tell my parents about it or involve them in any way. If he's smart, he'll learn from this and his parents will hopefully help to drive home the lesson. Ideally, he wouldn't poke smot or do other similarly unhealthy and illegal things in the future, but if he does decide to smoke again, he'll hopefully be more careful about it.

If you own property, be it a vehicle or a house, you MUST keep illicit substances out of them at all times(if possible) due to our draconian seizure laws. Instead of buying big sacks and driving around with them like Snoop or storing them at home, why not save the herb for special occasions or evenings when you and your friends can all pitch in and burn it up safely and privately in one sitting? This is not cutting edge science, folks, and an old Luniz song** even refers to it. The community quarter concept encourages moderation, safety and sociability. It affects you more pleasantly when you don't toke constantly, it's less damaging to your health and it keeps you from becoming a jonesing, amotivational fiend that sits on your couch alone burnt out while life passes you by. In safety and in moderation, it can be a very positive thing but it's just not prudent in many jurisdictions to gamble your future over if you have a reckless, immature or addictive personality.

*not the least of which is consorting with numbnuts who paintball your car and attract undue attention from Johnny

**I got five on it,
grab your 40, let's get keyed
I got five on it,
messin wit that Indo weed
I got five on it,
it's got me stuck and not go back
I got five on it,
potna lets go half on a sack

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Shouldn't have to sell that much weed to make $500. You're golden.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
In the future, keep whatever the goods may be LOCKED in the glovebox. They will need to come up with a more interesting (read: real) reason to search that. And don't BS me about that not being true, its worked for me before.