Quantcast

..got in a fight tonight....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
smedford said:
He is a roofer. You have to call a basementer for that.
Actually on kind of a serious note waterproofing is part of our union and i just happened to do that exclusively for 2 years....

Splat gimme a pm if you need some advice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
Sheesh how come cops get all the respect and roofers just get complained to about hot tar smell. Last friday i had to fight this apprentice to go fetch me a 100 lb. roll of torch down up a flight of stairs to me. He told me to bring it up myself.... That's when the "a-hole" side of me which rarely gets shown here had to be brought front and center....

Yah!! So, all's i gotta say is Manimal may keep big dudes from beating on women, but i keep you all dry. Gimme my props dammit! :monkey:

Props?? You gotta be kidding me right? We all know about the inherent corruption in the roofing industry pal. It is a well known fact that you guys prey on the poor with your shoddy workmanship and inferior materials. Whereas the rich get preferential treatment and quality materials. Some rich guys roof leaks and you guys are all over it. A poor person in a poor neighborhood gets to wait for three weeks for an estimator to show up?? Then those pay off your credit card/fix your roof loans that prey on the poor are nothing short of criminal. My friend had her roof done by you guys and they should have done a complete tear off and new 25 year shingles. Well they put the shingles over the old roof and used 15 year shingles on her roof. That and after they were done there was some nails (very dangerous ones), tar paper, shingle bundle wrappers, a coffee cup, and a cigarette butt behind her bushes next to the garage. They also peed behind the shed because she wouldn't let them use the bathroom. That was low... On top of that after she forgot to make 16 or so payments her interest rate for the loan went up to 29.9%!! She may lose her house now. I bet a roofer buys it, fixes the roof, and sells it for thousands of dollars in profit. If you guys actually fixed the roofs they wouldn't leak period. But since you guys have all the power (we don't get contractor pricing at Home Depot you bastards!!) and can't climb tall ladders we get screwed. If you're afraid of heights then you’re a victim! If my roof leaks I'll fix it myself. With enough rope and some of those blue tarps from Kmart, I am all set. Props my ass.......

:devil:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
jdcamb said:
Props?? You gotta be kidding me right? We all know about the inherent corruption in the roofing industry pal. It is a well known fact that you guys prey on the poor with your shoddy workmanship and inferior materials. Whereas the rich get preferential treatment and quality materials. Some rich guys roof leaks and you guys are all over it. A poor person in a poor neighborhood gets to wait for three weeks for an estimator to show up?? Then those pay off your credit card/fix your roof loans that prey on the poor are nothing short of criminal. My friend had her roof done by you guys and they should have done a complete tear off and new 25 year shingles. Well they put the shingles over the old roof and used 15 year shingles on her roof. That and after they were done there was some nails (very dangerous ones), tar paper, shingle bundle wrappers, a coffee cup, and a cigarette butt behind her bushes next to the garage. They also peed behind the shed because she wouldn't let them use the bathroom. That was low... On top of that after she forgot to make 16 or so payments her interest rate for the loan went up to 29.9%!! She may lose her house now. I bet a roofer buys it, fixes the roof, and sells it for thousands of dollars in profit. If you guys actually fixed the roofs they wouldn't leak period. But since you guys have all the power (we don't get contractor pricing at Home Depot you bastards!!) and can't climb tall ladders we get screwed. If you're afraid of heights then you’re a victim! If my roof leaks I'll fix it myself. With enough rope and some of those blue tarps from Kmart, I am all set. Props my ass.......

:devil:
:think: :think: wow.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
yo manimal 2 questions...

2. Can i do a ride along?
3. When is your cops episode? Make sure to mention the monkey during your 30 section personal reflection period at the beginnign of the episode.

jake133

Monkey
Jan 21, 2005
SLC, Utah
ah i was serious. think is it cool that he beat up that guy that was bigger then him. i was not trying to be rude, and i dont have anything against cops.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
jake133 said:
ah i was serious. think is it cool that he beat up that guy that was bigger then him. i was not trying to be rude, and i dont have anything against cops.
How do you feel about roofers?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
I have heard about that roofer madness, it's the devil's tool, I tell you...

I think that Transcend and robdamanii have just been pawn3d...
:think: I think we should keep an eye on them. They have infected our society with their madness. And now the monkey is infected. Fack. Those goddamned roofers are like the Masons I tell ya.....

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Good job, man! It sounds like this scumbag had it coming. It's pretty crazy that you took off after him before your backup arrived...I hope you got some really good hits in!

J

JRB

narlus said:
i didn't realize loco was that large.
I was starting fights in Indiana.** :eviltongu

*glad you are ok, manimal.

**I don't think I will go back there. People overall were rude, particularly this one prick from Chicago, named Mitch. (story later) The townsfolk apparently hate cyclists and I nearly went down because of it. Beatiful ride. Challenging ride. Undesirable people.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
wow...talk about memory lane. that remains one of my best fights on the job. most of the time, the bad guys are just trying to get away but this dude bladed off, swung and ultimately tried to get my gun during the tussle.

thanks to the PAWN forum for bringing this back up ;)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Knowing what you know now - you probably would have just tazed him in the nuts right ?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yup..except we didn't have Tasers back then. just got 'em summer of '08. and yes, that tool has prevented several fights so far, most without even using it, just the threat of it cools off a lot of hot situations.