Quantcast

Got knocked out.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Had a bad spill today while shuttling. Was going over a very rooty section at a good clip of speed, just remember feeling the bike starting to wash out on me. Next thing I remember is laying on my side, don't remember the impact or anything afterwards, must of not been out too long though, the bike was just coming to a stop, not sure though. Got up, felt ill, checked rest of self over, just scratches and bruises. Took a look at my helmet, the helmet is broken in 2 spots. If I did not have the helmet on, it would have been way worse. Managed to limp way back to my car, called a friend to come get me and take me to the hospital. The helmet is broken, so what, much better than my head. Thankful that the gear did its intended job. That is as much as I know, I really don't know right at this moment what happened or how long I was laying there while unconcious. I have had concussions before, but this one is the worst so far.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Concussions are fun! :thumb:

I think my last one fried my short term memory :(

Were you wearing a full face? The last one I got cause I landed on my face...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
glad you are ok though man. i've been knocked out and i dont like it one bit

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
Glad your ok, i know how you feel though. Last MX race i did(which i'm not supposed to anymore, long story) i remember putting my gear on, and then i remember waking up in the hospital, apparntly i cases a big ass double. Damage: collarbone, nose, broke the entire face off of my helmet, and a headache for the next 2 weeks, hope yours isn't that bad.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Got some repairs that have to be done, frame is not cracked, scratch, brake levers a bent and have a ton of play in my one platform pedal.

Really stiff and sore right now, but I feel like I'm in some kind of daze mixed with a bad headache right now.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
i ended my rideing seasons with on. not because of it but that was when the lefts closed so i called it. it felt like i was picked up a droped somehwere where i have never been befor. it looked brand ****ing new.

Raffles

Chimp
Dec 6, 2004
New Zealand
Take it easy for a while, It's easy to knock yourself out a second time after you've already done it once..........
Good to hear you're feeling all good, one of my mates knocked himself out the day before a race, the next day he raced, and knocked himself out again (in the same place)! talk about accident prone!
take it easy mate, have fun on the trails!

Raffles