Quantcast

Got my bonus! decision time

RJM

Monkey
May 18, 2005
on the rocks
Zark, Man the shocker dh was a fun rig. I sampled it down some of the bootleg dh runs. they do ride a little different and will take a little getting used to. It seems like the cockpit in relation to the top tube was very short or tight. ALso the bike seemed to squat as it rode more than otehr bikes. All in all it was plush but just had a really different feel.

The Sunday i had was sweet but the shock thing killed it. Progressive couldnt tune it for ****. Even after 2 separate tries. I Should have thrown a dhx coil on there before I sold it. The shocker will be a little nicer made though. Me thinks its handmade in canada. Not sure where the new sunday is made, but my team was overseas...

Whatever, I'd probly also recommend the Turner DHR, followed by the venatana cuervo over the sunday and shocker, especially the pansy pink:cupidarrow: .shocker

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
i have had a shocker since mid season when my previous frame crapped out and im loving it. Super solid dialed geometry, awesome build quality, good customer service, the only thing ive noticed is it defantly hangs up more than my old bike(but that was a formula one, and its not like the rear ward arc didnt have any drawbacks) I defantly prefer the cove over the f1, but mostly cause it fits my style and my body type better. 8.75 inches seems like a perfect number. only bad thing so far was a blown shock, but idk what the deal was with that, dhx just crapped out, guess i got a lemon cause the last one i had had been going strong for 6 months.

if you have any specific questions just ask.

ohh and its incredible suppel and responsive, they use some really nice quality hardware in the rear end.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Zarky.......just get a damn cove and come up here so I can ride the thing and tell you if its any good or not. :D

Bootleg nov 17. Go there.
Do they run the shuttles at Bootleg in the winter time? Is it rideable all winter? Just thinking about my option when the weather gets really crappy around here sometime in Jan/Feb.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
i have had a shocker since mid season when my previous frame crapped out and im loving it. Super solid dialed geometry, awesome build quality, good customer service, the only thing ive noticed is it defantly hangs up more than my old bike(but that was a formula one, and its not like the rear ward arc didnt have any drawbacks) I defantly prefer the cove over the f1, but mostly cause it fits my style and my body type better. 8.75 inches seems like a perfect number. only bad thing so far was a blown shock, but idk what the deal was with that, dhx just crapped out, guess i got a lemon cause the last one i had had been going strong for 6 months.

if you have any specific questions just ask.

ohh and its incredible suppel and responsive, they use some really nice quality hardware in the rear end.

Thanks for the scoop. I got a couple questions though.
1. How tall are you and what size are you on?
2. When you say "hang up" do you mean like its bad square edged stuff?

Thanks

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Sorry to derail this thread but for those heading to bootleg, where do you guys usually stay? Is there something that's not too expensive with secure storage (pref in my room) for my bike? I don't think they would let me take my bike up to my room at MGM grand.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sorry to derail this thread but for those heading to bootleg, where do you guys usually stay? Is there something that's not too expensive with secure storage (pref in my room) for my bike? I don't think they would let me take my bike up to my room at MGM grand.
The wildKat ranch. You're not supposed to sleep there but I always end up passing out anyway.

Look for the red light.

Boulder city is where you want to be. Not vegas. They're about 20 miles apart. Don't stay where luc stays. The cops always show up and take people away.