Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
narlus said:
:think:

we knew you couldn't think for yrself.
He says the same thing about the president.:D

It's a nice looking truck. At least you took it off road.

Friday I had my snow tires taken off and there was an "executive" looking guy in there with his yellow H2 getting new tires. He was telling some guy that he doesn't take it off road because the mud gets too caked on the bottom. Now I know that most Hummers I see probably don't go off road, but it just amazed me to actually hear someone say it.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
dante said:
congrats on your purchase, but you do realize that you've just forfeited any right that you had to complain about gas prices, right? :)
I had a Land Rover that wanted 93 all the time. It had a 25gal tank and got about 14/16mpg

The Hummer loves 87 has a 23 gal tank and get 16/19mpg

I'm happy

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Sorgie said:
He says the same thing about the president.:D

It's a nice looking truck. At least you took it off road.

Friday I had my snow tires taken off and there was an "executive" looking guy in there with his yellow H2 getting new tires. He was telling some guy that he doesn't take it off road because the mud gets too caked on the bottom. Now I know that most Hummers I see probably don't go off road, but it just amazed me to actually hear someone say it.
I have already setup 3 off roading trips. I plan on having fun in this car. Not sure if I will get to crazy with off road mods but I might slap a winch on.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MancilG said:
I had a Land Rover that wanted 93 all the time. It had a 25gal tank and got about 14/16mpg

The Hummer loves 87 has a 23 gal tank and get 16/19mpg

I'm happy

You'll prolly get better mileage than that too... if you don't add bigger meats on there.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you are going off roading, dont go without a winch. And beer, dont forget the beer. I have pulled many HMMWVs outof weird places that they werent really at, with a handy bumper mounted winch. But I am unskilled labor, so what do I know? Oh yeah, dont forget beer. Hope you enjoy the vehicle!
And btw, take the dog for a hike, it looks a bit pudgy!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
JohnE said:
But I am unskilled labor, so what do I know?
at least your memory's fine :oink:
dante said:
congrats on your purchase, but you do realize that you've just forfeited any right that you had to complain about gas prices, right?
driving such a beast also means you've forfeited any claim to good taste :D . being proud of being an "ugly american" doesn't make the stereotype any less true or valid.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
driving such a beast also means you've forfeited any claim to good taste :D . being proud of being an "ugly american" doesn't make the stereotype any less true or valid.
'you're OK in my book.

of course, i am reading _The Ugly American_'

:D