got my license

J

JRB

Great. Just what we need. Another careless kid on the road. :rolleyes:

*I'm kidding. Congrats, holmes.

J

JRB

BigMike said:
how hav eyou not had you license yet? What have you been doing with your Pathy?
Not sure if you ever wondered if saying "Pathy" made you look ghey, but if you have, the answer is a resounding "YES". :think:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
BigMike said:
how hav eyou not had you license yet? What have you been doing with your Pathy?
well i have had it for about 4 months. and i got it when my brothers fiance was either gonna trade it in or sell it to me. so i got it off them for really cheap. its a 97 le and i got it for 4000. ive been using it for riding mostly. most of the people i ride with are over 25 so i could drive.
loco said:
Not sure if you ever wondered if saying "Pathy" made you look ghey, but if you have, the answer is a resounding "YES".
i think its funny that loco is the onecalling YOU gay mike

J

JRB

I just saw a girl that shouldn't have gotten her's pull out of a driveway and smoke a guy driving down the road. I stopped and she was telling her dad that she just pulled out and this guy was flying. She lied. :mumble: Dumb bitch. She should lose her license now.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
merrrrjig said:
Just read the paper, and you used to not be able to drive anyone under 20 by yourself for 6 months, now that has changed for a year. That sucks!

Whoa, When did that happen? It was six months for me, which didn't really matter, 'cause i never followed that rule anyway.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Congrats!! :thumb: Just remember son, that driving is a privilege....that's usually the speech you get from the judge right before he takes your license away from you for doing something irresponsible. No drinking and driving or getting high and driving - advice from someone who knows. :D

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Just out of interest guys, in the US I am assuming you get a full drivers licence by doing your test in an Automatic car.
Its just that in Ireland and most of Europe you can't get a full licence unless you do your test in a manual car.

Just something i have always wondered, or do you get like a lolly or star or a hug or something if you pass your test via manual gearbox in the USA!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Akula_7 said:
Just something i have always wondered, or do you get like a lolly or star or a hug or something if you pass your test via manual gearbox in the USA!
They simply don't test you in a real car here (at least in the 3 states in which I've had a license...). You're only afforded the chance to drive a girl's model.

TJ, thanks for giving me at least ONE good reason to live on the East Coast these next 9 months!

MD

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MikeD said:
They simply don't test you in a real car here (at least in the 3 states in which I've had a license...). You're only afforded the chance to drive a girl's model.

TJ, thanks for giving me at least ONE good reason to live on the East Coast these next 9 months!

MD
Where on the East Coast are you again?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sirknight6 said:
Where on the East Coast are you again?
DC at the moment (Arlington to be precise). Gonna be here 9 months now while I do training for the State Dept.

Haven't gotten a ride in since I passed through Utah on the drive out here. Need to get all my stuff out of storage; we're in a temporary furnished housing unit here. And I have to strip my hardtail down and build up my new f/s trail frame! But there's not going to be much time in my life for that this next year, nor will I be riding too hard for a number of reasons.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sirknight6 said:
Dude, you like 2 hours from where I'm at. Did you bring your bike? Richmond.
Like I said, got my bikes but most everything's in storage. I went to school in C-Ville (but didn't ride back then, dammit) and plan on getting back there at some point soon, maybe mid-Nov. at the earliest.

Life's just crazy...been going abroad (working for State) for weeklong trips to far-flung places with 2-3 days at most in between trips. On 31 Oct. I finally start some other training which will be more scheduled, and should have gotten stuff out of storage by then.

And, um, yeah, TJ...we're still proud of you and your license, even though we're hijacking the **** out of your thread...now drive that thing up to Cabrillo at sunset with your woman and don't forget to bring the required items.

MD

ed: What is this "beer" of which you speak? Is it like milk or something?

ed II: TJ, now you can drive to Hodad's, you rat bastard. I miss OB so so very much. Especially Ortega's. I got "tacos" here in DC the other day and they came with goddamnedmuther****ing FLOUR tortillas! WTF??!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
haha flour tortillas? your joking. well ill have a nice big burrito made by a real live mexican in your honor. and ill take a trip or 6 down to hodads for you too.
You should come by on the 13th or 14th. I'll be down there in O.B.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
You should come by on the 13th or 14th. I'll be down there in O.B.
You jerks.

Make a day of it for me...Ortega's for breakfast, a trip to In-N-Out for lunch, and Hodad's for dinner. And a hot waffle ice cream sandwich from that place next to South Beach bar for dessert.

And then the next day, Ortega's again for fish tacos, cheese tamales, and sangria.

The resulting cholesterol overdose should result in only mild but permanent damage.

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
haha ok and we can stop by dreamstreet and ill show you where i got arrested
"Dreamstreet"? Is this some kind of store like the Gaymart? :think:

And how are you postig right now... shouldn't you be in school?