Quantcast

got my new bike today (no pics inside sorry)

jd9483

Chimp
Oct 5, 2007
So I got my kona scrap frame today (used). It is in perfect condition besides a few scraps and scuff marks. But its kinda a getto build right now. I had to use an old Bomber fork that has a barley long enough steer tube. I have no seat post because none at the bike shop would fit so I'll order one tomorrow. And the stem is oversized and my only bars are regular sized so another longer stem is in now.

i am running a 32/16 gearing right now because i had no access to any other gears. is this a decent gear for dirt and maybe street?
and would anyone happen to know the seat post size for a kona? i want to say its like 30.1 but im not positive.

ill try to get some pics up once i get it finished off in a few days.
thanks for the help.

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
nice hurry up and finish its always nice to have a new bike. i myself just finished a new build

and on your gearing ? 32/16 is a good starting point at the std 2:1 mtb singlespeed ratio. i personally run 30/13

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
nice hurry up and finish its always nice to have a new bike. i myself just finished a new build

and on your gearing ? 32/16 is a good starting point at the std 2:1 mtb singlespeed ratio. i personally run 30/13
2:1 is generally a bad recommendation IMO.... although it does work with 26", it may be fairly light unless you ride a lot of hills.
Try to stick with 55 gear inches. That is universal no matter what wheel size you run. (big sprocket / rear cog) X rim diameter = gear inches.

and have fun with your new build! season's gonna wrap up pretty soon in most of the northern hemisphere... :disgust1: