Quantcast

Got my new bike!

lilflip#2

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
I can't wait to take her out this weekend. It's a 2004 Ironhorse Hollowpoint Expert. I got it on clearance for 1400 out the door. :evil: . I'm in love with the bike and it's pretty much all I've wanted and wanted to spend. Please tell me I made the right choice. I'll take pics this weekend.

Setup

Frame Material: 7005 aluminum, double butted
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 71.4 seat
Size-19
Colors: Mirror Silver
Fork: Answer Manitou Black Platinum, 90-120mm adjustable
Rear Shock: Answer Manitou Swinger Air, 4.5"
Brake Levers: Hayes HFX-9 XC
Handlebar: Easton EA50
Stem: Easton EA50
Headset: 1 1/8" FSA Orbit Z
Front Der: Shimano Deore XT
Crankset: TruVativ Stylo Team, 22/32/44 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano Deore XT
Pedals: Shimano M540
Tires: 26 x 2.35" Maxxis Hansventureetup

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
lilflip#2 said:
Please tell me I made the right choice. I'll take pics this weekend.
Dude, you totally made the right choice. But this is completely unacceptable, we typically wants pics asap--we're holdin ya to it.

*Edit spelling - me no espeaka engrish*

lilflip#2

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
HAHA Thanks guys. I'll take pics tomorrow after my first bike ride. I still need to read the manuals though. :eviltongu

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
manuals for the camera or the bike??

and nice choice for a bike !! (I too recently bought a new new Hollowpoint /'04 expert RL :thumb: )

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Congrats! And we'll just take photos of the bike sitting in your living room next to your couch - that's the standard new bike photo anyway you know. ;)

lilflip#2

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
lol, it's laying on my garage after a nice easy ride. Yes I read all the manuals but I'm still confused about where to put air in the rear suspension. I pumped up to 110 in the red tube but what's the other one for? :confused:

lilflip#2

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
lol thanks, I need to get a new seat anyway and I know it's low but thats because when I test rode it I was in jeans and had them lower it all the way, it could be about an 2 inches higher. :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
lilflip#2 said:
lol, it's laying on my garage after a nice easy ride. Yes I read all the manuals but I'm still confused about where to put air in the rear suspension. I pumped up to 110 in the red tube but what's the other one for? :confused:

Go to mtbr.com and visit the discussion forums. do a search on shock set up and you'll most likely find your answers.

Also, you can flip the shock into the lower mount holes to get 4.5" of travel vs. 3.5 if you'd like.

See here for what I'm talking about.

Attachments

lilflip#2

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
MMcG-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIP! I was like is this really 4.5" of travel :think: . lol.. Can I do this myself and how long will it take?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
lilflip#2 said:
MMcG-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIP! I was like is this really 4.5" of travel :think: . lol.. Can I do this myself and how long will it take?
Again visit the Iron Horse forum on mtbr.com for all there is to know about the Hollowpoint (more than you'll ever get from the manual) and then some!

Iron Horse Forum

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Knuckleslammer said:
Didn't end up going. Was too tough of a thing for the wife to handle. So, I've been in a meditative state since. Just woke up today. :thumb:
As was told by the Prophet, HE HAS RETURNED!

Welcome :)