• Go on as support and wrench

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Bacon, loco, hello kitty, I want to have skibunnies babies

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I got offered a spot on the Race across america with 4 mil

I am not sure due to my current internal bleeding problems and lack of road riding latley. I know I could get in shape in time and be a benefit to the 8 man team, but the training/supplements would be pretty hard on my system considering how I nearly dropped and died a little while ago.

what say you? throw health and recovery on the back burner and blow myself out? or go on the team as a mech and still train lightly and have a good time? or take the docs orders and just chill?

Last edited:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I say go and wrench. You got some new hotness to keep you company in the pits and in the chase vehicles.

LoL at the "have skibunny's baby" option. guess that was for IrideMTB

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Clearly they didn't make us smarter in the Army...

Heal up. A wounded soldier is a liability. Get healthy, get right, get in the fight next go 'round.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Don't make me reach through my screen you pricks. Just because of that I will vote for the last option.

I say just chill dude. I work in a gym and see how rough the supps and exercising can be. Especially if you are really really really pushing it. I mean if you just need to work out for a few months to get there, go for it. But if you need to work out for a month and a week like rocky balboa, skip and just avoid the possible trip to the ER.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

I will never be like that because I won't juice, but I will get over 200 and CUT at 5' 7"... Given that school doesn't suck up every ounce of time I have.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Don't think of it as a potentially life endangering race, think of it as an expense free opportunity for little GFF to get to work in one epic country wide swath of pvssy destroying glory. I say why not?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Worth shooting for, but not worth dying for. Train up and see where you stand. If you can pull it off, it would be worth it. As if you need more stories. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'd say be a wrench and nail vag across the US.......but you do the second half of that anyway...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Awesome man, can't wait to hear your account of it.
thanks man. I am pretty stoked about it since last year I was able to hold a 20mph average just goofing around so it will be interesting what I can hold on a steady training schedule, Diet and nutrition plan.

my only question at the mean time is my builds (sram or shimano) and where to set up shop in cali for good weather and training grounds