Quantcast

Got Pu$$y?????

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
News flash: Don't have all the details yet but I got a call from my sister in law who lives in Robinsons Ranch in the OC (near Dove Cyn). Apperently there was some commotion this morning up the hill from her house. Looks like law enforcement /animal control shot/captured a mountain lion. Should here more details later today. Some of you may remember a photo floating around showing a big cat at the waterfall enterance to Dove Cyn a while back.

Local word is there have been many big cat sightings in this area in close proximity to school /children.
Come out.......Come out...wherever you are...... lone riders beware....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
OC_REGISTER said:
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Mountain lion shot in Trabuco Canyon back yard
Former Stanton policeman confronted, wounded cat.

By ERIKA I. RITCHIE and LAURA RICO
The Orange County Register

TRABUCO CANYON – Bill Hill, a former Stanton police officer, shot and wounded a mountain lion in his back yard this morning, which was later killed by state Fish and Game officers.

About 7 a.m., Hill, who lives in the 21000 block of Cimarron Lane, was taking out his trash and heard his wife scream from the back yard, he went to his car and retrieved his gun, went to the back yard and confronted the mountain lion, officials said.

Hill said the lion saw him and crouched down like it was prepared to lunge at him and he fired his gun, hitting the lion. The lion ran through a hole in the backyard fence to a nearby canyon. Hill called 911, and the Sheriff's Department and state Fish and Game officials arrived at the scene. They tracked the animal's blood, found him lying in a ravine, and shot and killed the lion around 10 a.m., authorities said.

Nearby Robinson Elementary School was locked down for a little more than an hour while officials searched for the lion.

The Sheriff's Department notified school officials at 7:45 a.m. that a mountain lion was seen prowling next to a home near the K-6 campus.

Students started to trickle into the campus around 8 a.m. and were directed to classrooms and the school library while the lockdown was in order, said Principal Don Snyder.

“The kids were very calm,” Snyder said. “I don’t think anyone felt the direct threat.”

Officials are investigating the schooting to determine if Hill acted properly.
And from CBS (video on the upper right) http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_017144302.html