Quantcast

Got pulled over again tonight...

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
yup, this time for a missing headlight, the trailer ball was blocking some letters on my plate, the air freshener hanging from the radar detector obstructs my view and I hadn't changed my address from Nor*Cal to San Diego yet. Cop didn't gimme a ticket, just told me to get my stuff fixed. He just needs something better to do..

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hm. I'd just be happy I didn't get a ticket. And the cop really doesn't care about you or your car's problems...he's pulling you over to scope you out and see if he thinks there's anything more important going on with you, like an ashtray or a trunk full of dope.

So don't feel so bad. And welcome to SD...I miss it already...you're lucky.

MD

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
MikeD said:
Hm. I'd just be happy I didn't get a ticket. And the cop really doesn't care about you or your car's problems...he's pulling you over to scope you out and see if he thinks there's anything more important going on with you, like an ashtray or a trunk full of dope.

So don't feel so bad. And welcome to SD...I miss it already...you're lucky.

MD
beat me to it.

yup...you were victim of a pretextual stop. using a legit traffic infraction to stop a vehicle with the intention of finding something larger. works pretty well. i think i've found more suspended licenses and people with warrants by pulling over for busted headlight/tail light/tag light....

so if you want to be a good criminal....make sure your car is perfect :D

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
manimal said:
beat me to it.

yup...you were victim of a pretextual stop. using a legit traffic infraction to stop a vehicle with the intention of finding something larger. works pretty well. i think i've found more suspended licenses and people with warrants by pulling over for busted headlight/tail light/tag light....

so if you want to be a good criminal....make sure your car is perfect :D
...and my wife says I'm paranoid...:rolleyes:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
manimal said:
beat me to it.

thats why I take the bus when I do my drug deals/bank robberies/etc

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
douglas said:
thats why I take the bus when I do my drug deals/bank robberies/etc
I ride my bike to do my dope deals. The only hard part is where to stash the 12 keys of coke.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ciaran said:
I ride my bike to do my dope deals. The only hard part is where to stash the 12 keys of coke.
I ride with someone slower than me and give them the backpack.

That way, if we get caught, he takes the fall.

:D

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
We should get a poll going about how many people have used bicycles in order to traffic illegal drugs. I think the numbers would be surprisingly high.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bikenweed said:
We should get a poll going about how many people have used bicycles in order to traffic illegal drugs. I think the numbers would be surprisingly high.
If purchases for personal use are "traffic", I am a repeat offender. :cool:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wumpus said:
...because he is being harrassed by the "MAN".
Seems to me that you are being harrassed if you get pulled over for no reason.

If you drive around in a car that has several obvious violations and get pulled over, I say you are damn lucky to not get a ticket.

What the heck do I know though :D

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
i was just scared that he would see that I didn't take care of my latest ticket which was supposed to be paid on the 24th...which I didn't. The guy was really nice, ex-Marine and all that jibber jabber, so we ended up talking about that. it was pretty cool. Overall, I just found it funny..LoLOLOlO()oL()0909~!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So what did you mean by he needs something better to do? Sounds to me like he pulled over a car that had multiple violations. Isn't that his job?