Quantcast

Got quite the education on proper bow set up

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It started when i noticed that the Y cable had a fray and that it was hitting the string stop. So I took in back to the shop where i bought it. The owner took it looked at it had a WTF look on his face then he had an AH HAH moment and pulled down a new bow off the rack and laid them side by side. He pointed out 3-4 things that were out of alignment on my bow the result of which was the Y cable damage. Then he pointed out a rub that I had not seen and pulled my arrows out and said look how your fletches have rub marks from hitting the cable. I bet you are having accuracy issues too. DOH.

It turns out that there was no locktite on the Cable guard rod adjustment screw and it loostened allowing the rod to rotate and place the cable where it interfered with the fletch and hit the string stop mount causing the fray. Loctite was also missing on the cam adjustment bolts. So after adding blue loctite he walked me though the set up step by step explaining what to look for and how to adjust everything. Ah the rookie archer learning curve is just so much fun. Oh and my cost was zero to get everything fixed.

I had to reset my pin sight afterwards, my arrows went up 5" and left 8" after the re-adjustments. I had the sight dialed in after about 8 arrows.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Late afternoon I went over to the Livermore Gun Club's Archery range. Shot a flight at 30 yards adjusted that pin then shot at 40 yards. 2 flights of 12 arrows at 40 and all within 8" of each other. My shoulders are toast. not sure I am going to keep the Bow at this draw or back it off a bit

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Nothing wrong with backing it down a bit. Trick I was taught, knock an arrow, aim perfectly straight down, and draw. If you stutter or its not smooth, back it down.

Most people I hunt with shoot 50 pounds, been described like fly fishing, it's more about accuracly than anything else.

Picked up a new target today
temp.jpg
I think it's working out so far. Tomorrow will go out and get some distance.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Nice to know PSE stands behind their Product and Dealers to support their customers. Lodi Archery ordered me a new Y cble to replace the damaged one. PSE replaced it under warranty and picked up the product cost, shipping and shop labor charges. Now my Bow is back to new condition and I am not out any $$

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As she should have. Kill to eat something not just kill for the hell of killing

Either she is an amazing shot, or kitty was pretty much sniffing the tip when she let loose. Not very sporting.

Volunteering at the animal shelter in college I assisted in the euthanasia of hundreds of barn cats. One could argue that an arrow through the brain is more humane than the process of trapping an euthanizing a kitty. However, we never had a pentathol shot graze a cats skull and let it suffer through a death via infection or bleeding out.