Quantcast

Got screwed! Motion instruments out of business

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Regardless of how it went down it was my money that went to them to buy the system 2. What happens on that end isn't my issue...

Been lead to believe that company is specialized, not 100% I haven't seen papers etc ..but was directly led to that company.

Screenshot_20240916_093833_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240916_093844_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240916_093852_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah file with your credit card and get it back.

Regardless if the dudes are good or not, you're out the money and got nothing in return. If they have insurance or whatever, then who cares really.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And yikes this system relies on that app to function?

For the price, thats a bit of a red flag to me. :dead:

So many opportunities for this thing to become paperweights in the near future when the app no longer functions, has a bug, gets pulled from the app stores etc etc.

1726511751356.png

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I will look into doing the CC dispute / charge back tonight also. A little bit more complicated for me, since my wife purchased it for me as a gift, so we'll have to find the receipt in her email but I'll need to do the claim since the CC is in my name, but as long as it's within the time frame I doubt I'll have to do much after submitting the claim.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I will look into doing the CC dispute / charge back tonight also. A little bit more complicated for me, since my wife purchased it for me as a gift, so we'll have to find the receipt in her email but I'll need to do the claim since the CC is in my name, but as long as it's within the time frame I doubt I'll have to do much after submitting the claim.
Not sure you'll even have to find the receipt. With our card, you just find the charge online and click the "Dispute" button.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Regardless of how it went down it was my money that went to them to buy the system 2. What happens on that end isn't my issue...

Been lead to believe that company is specialized, not 100% I haven't seen papers etc ..but was directly led to that company.

View attachment 218487View attachment 218488View attachment 218489
Well you just saved yourself from a continual circle jerk tail chasing venture..... ride.... and always timed and think real hard about what feedback the bike gives you that spooks you or you dont like, and make sure its not a technique issue before you address it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well you just saved yourself from a continual circle jerk tail chasing venture..... ride.... and always timed and think real hard about what feedback the bike gives you that spooks you or you dont like, and make sure its not a technique issue before you address it.
Yeah I am more for balance, I can feel it but wanted to see if I room for adjustment...

I do pen and hand , hit something or a section and if it acts weird I stop write it on my hand or arm (above tats) and then continue.
Adjust and replicate, mostly just ride and tell myself "quit being a bitch!" There's some asshole killing it on a Walmart bike so suck it up and ride...

Agreed I know it's a rabbit hole lol...so I made sure my use was a shallow hole...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Not sure you'll even have to find the receipt. With our card, you just find the charge online and click the "Dispute" button.
Filed dispute...

For what it's worth I don't think its Robert, I think it's a bad situation that happened and this stuff does happen...giving back what was taken in $ and there's a parent company confuses the matter even more...
I do hope he gets it back and on track, when it's viable and im hand with him and if this is the case I'd give it a shot again...

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
I was specifically going to use it to help some of the local HS racer kids help set up their bikes.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Chase/Visa's website says 60 days but when I called them and explained the situation, they didn't have an issue with filing a dispute. I was told the vendor would have 14 days to respond to them, if not they'd refund me regardless.

There was a followup email from Rob (formerly of MI) saying that he was going to be processing refunds by Thursday, but I've not yet seen it appear, so I'm glad I spent the time starting the dispute with my bank.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Chase/Visa's website says 60 days but when I called them and explained the situation, they didn't have an issue with filing a dispute. I was told the vendor would have 14 days to respond to them, if not they'd refund me regardless.

There was a followup email from Rob (formerly of MI) saying that he was going to be processing refunds by Thursday, but I've not yet seen it appear, so I'm glad I spent the time starting the dispute with my bank.
Same here. Got that email haven't seen anything yet ...going to use the money to buy the steertube, stanchion replacement tools from ND...

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Pinkbike comments saying that Rob's LinkedIn confirm that Specialized are the guilty party. I also heard that from a buddy who used to work there. He said we can thank that asshole ex-CEO of Dyson they brought in. When he came on board, apparently he immediately ordered every division to blanket cut costs by 35%, regardless of how well they were doing. That is also what killed off the Soil Searching program (sponsored trail building) and all the low level brand ambassadors.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When he came on board, apparently he immediately ordered every division to blanket cut costs by 35%, regardless of how well they were doing
that's why so many of their products are on fire sale. makes perfect sense.

(that's not a dig at your buddy, but an incompetent leader that comes in and immediately proceeds to start fucking things up)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He said we can thank that asshole ex-CEO of Dyson they brought in. When he came on board, apparently he immediately ordered every division to blanket cut costs by 35%, regardless of how well they were doing. That is also what killed off the Soil Searching program (sponsored trail building) and all the low level brand ambassadors.
I am guessing, just a WILD guess, that the CEO department didn't also get cut by 35% as well.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah specialized is what I gathered a bit ago and now roskopp is working with them.. which brings up curiosity into designs..

They may be looking for a buyer of the tech, if they do I'll make sure to jump on it.. kind of crappy they sent them out to pasture after the design was ready...makes no sense ..got a tangible product , unless they are wrapping it up with a neat bow and asking a hefty price for the design and package..

Stop putting money into a finished product, sell it and make a quick chunk of change .makes the CEO look good makes them look like assholes for who knows what they do ..by the way home Depot does this practice ALOT...I used to be corporate and commercial development, hospitality industry and design groups for a company...

It's a BULLSHIT thing but its how it works ..from a business side it makes sense from anloral side seems like there's other options they could extend to lessen liability financially and regain...