Quantcast

Got some new wheels

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I got a set of new wheels. CK 20mm in the front and the CK full Heavy Duty Steel version in the rear with Funn Bolts. The funn bolts are really nice on the Army instead of the QR. I was getting the creeps of the QRs as they sometimes came loose on DH runs :eek:

Well...I think it looks ok...kept heavy rims on since I ride like a hack :o:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I know the hubs do not get justice in the pic, but when I tried to take some close ups of the hubs the pictures became quite lousy.....due to my lousy camera...therefore - no good close ups worth posting.....but the color is PEWTER and I love them !

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Very, very nice hubs! But the bike looks funny. Like somethings missing... with out the seismics. :)

Thanks for the link to the CK-dealer, http://www.aspirevelotech.com Already ordered a extra headset-race and some ringlube!

Are you coming over this weekend? Theres a race on Sunday!

Roger.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Hi Roger

It is fuuny you say it because after putting the bike together I thought the same...the wheels looked incomplete.

Yes- the Avy dealer is super nice I can only be recommended ! Hope you get your stuff soon.

No, I cant go this weekend...I am sitting and correcting stuff in my Master thesis, soI have to wait....but I am really looking forward to go racing in Vanga on my new wheels. By the way...will you be racing Sunday ?

see U

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Are the Funn bolts similar to the Sun Swoopy Bolt kit?
I just got that for my trail bike. It is as stiff as a thru axle.
The bolts thread into the hub, and the hub is shaped like a D-axle,
so it is all held in place. It works great.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Do you like it ? I am looking for a new bar but I am in doubt what to get...thinking about a low-riser bar...howmuch rise do the EA 70 has ?

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Holy sweet bikes! You guys have some nice equippment there :D

Chris King hubs rule! They're expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Sverre