Quantcast

Got the Crown Built up.....

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Got my frame built up at 11pm the night before the first race of the season:thumb:

Frame: Corsair crown
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer world cup
Shock: Marzocchio Roco WC
Shock #2: X-fusion O2 RPV
Wheels: Easton Havoc DH
Tires: Shwalbe Muddy Mary
Brakes: Avid Code
Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller OTC w/ 38t ring
BB: Truvative Howitzer
Guide: MRP g2
Pedals: Crank Bros Mallet 2
Derailleur: Sram XO
Cassette: Dura ace 11-23
Chain: KMC x9
Shifter: Sram XO triggers
Stem: Twenty6 F-1
Bar: Easton Monkey lite DH
Grips: peaty lock ons
Saddle: Karbona carbon

Attachments

Last edited:

gfisher270

Monkey
Aug 23, 2008
NNJ
You were at the clemson race right? I saw you there. How did you do? I was the one with the jamis with purple bars and pedals.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
nice man!

Unfortunately my day ended early...being that i built my bike so late i never had a chance for the cables to stretch...at the start gate i noticed i wasn't getting my 23tooth and gave it a quick adustment. well i didn't get it spot on and my gears jumped right before the first double sending me sideways...longer story short my knee is completely blown, swolen up to twice it's normal size...i know it dislocated and i'm afraid to find out what all i tore...going to the ER tomorrow morn...just hoping my season isn't completely lost.

How did you end up?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Sorry to hear how your race ended up. Heal up quick.

Very nice build though, that bike is beautiful:thumb: Are you running the frame w/the blow-off shock?

gfisher270

Monkey
Aug 23, 2008
NNJ
That sucks man. My runs were good, that place is so fun, but im not used to such a pedally course so i didn't do the best, but it was a blast and im going back next year. Heal up quick

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Good deal man. Yeah that place is deffinately fun. Not what i'm used to at ALL. Hopefully i'll see ya around when i heal up

Sorry to hear how your race ended up. Heal up quick.

Very nice build though, that bike is beautiful:thumb: Are you running the frame w/the blow-off shock?
I ran both shocks yesterday just because i was curious and it was the first time i had ridden her/wanted to get it set up. Unfortunately, as gfisher can back me up, the track was suited to short travel bikes. I was really stoked to not notice a transition from the coil to the air shock and it peddled much better than i anticipated. In fact on my first practice run i cased a road gap and the blow off shock saved my azz. I am very impressed with it in the limited time i had.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Brett!

Lookin' good man! What's the weight? (obligatory around here) LoL...

How are those Schwalbe's hooking up so far? Which versions of the MM's do you have?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
...how the hell...?!

You can tell that just from the pics? I tried to read the small lettering but my eyes started bleeding after 2 minutes... LoL.
silver labels are freeride and gold labels are DH as well as if it were UST it would have the logo on it. The guey glueys say it in a red color by the tire markings and the triples are just white lettering. Size I cant tell it looks like 2.35 based on the schwalbe logo itself, the 2.5 is a bit bigger. :thumb:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
silver labels are freeride and gold labels are DH as well as if it were UST it would have the logo on it. The guey glueys say it in a red color by the tire markings and the triples are just white lettering. Size I cant tell it looks like 2.35 based on the schwalbe logo itself, the 2.5 is a bit bigger. :thumb:
...the Schwalbe is strong with this one...

Thanks for the info!

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
What up ck!

I don't have a weight yet. Being it got done being built 11pm friday night with the race on sat i never got the chance. It weighed under 34 w/out crank, bb, pedals, chain, and tensioner...so my best guess is right around 38lbs?

And i actually decided to go with the muddy marys due to bullcrew's review on them, wich i must give him map props for (i see dome dirty dans in my future as well). I am loving them! Ironically though, they are the reason for my blown knee.

You see, as my gears skipped and the ass end of my bike was coming around in mid air, i unclipped, and planted my right foot, fully expecting the rear wheel to wash out. I never expected the MM's to hook up THAT well and totally straighten my bike up....in turn, bringing the rear wheel right into the inside of my right knee, bending it in a way it should most certainly not.

Oh well, i'll be back, and when i am, i'm deffinately gonna trust the MM's a LOT more, lol:thumb:

Last edited:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Oh gosh, new bikes and messed up bodies has to be one of the most horrible things that can happen to a bike rider. At least you will have time to get the gears dialed in now though! DH is relatively easy on the knees, make sure to listen to your PT, and always wear a brace!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
What up ck!

I don't have a weight yet. Being it got done being built 11pm friday night with the race on sat i never got the chance. It weighed under 34 w/out crank, bb, pedals, chain, and tensioner...so my best guess is right around 38lbs?

And i actually decided to go with the muddy marys due to bullcrew's review on them, wich i must give him map props for (i see dome dirty dans in my future as well). I am loving them! Ironically though, they are the reason for my blown knee.

You see, as my gears skipped and the ass end of my bike was coming around in mid air, i unclipped, and planted my right foot, fully expecting the rear wheel to wash out. I never expected the MM's to hook up THAT well and totally straighten my bike up....in turn, bringing the rear wheel right into the inside of my right knee, bending it in a way it should most certainly not.

Oh well, i'll be back, and when i am, i'm deffinately gonna trust the MM's a LOT more, lol:thumb:

UHM thanks I think LOL... :D J/K

Man heal up quick, and the bike looks kick @$$!!!!!

Yeah teh Dirty Dans are monsters.... I am running them for the next leg of the review from lucky peak down and this will include video and pics theres some NASTY stuff thats covered in snow and mud right now. My buddy that I ride with snapped the front end off his 951 so untill its back we are chillin. Intense has been GEAT and he has been taken care of in under 5 days from what it looks like!

Mad props to Intense and thanks! :thumb:

And heres what not to do!

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Update:

I had my follow up with the ortho today to discuss my MRI. Long story short my ACL is completely blown and my meniscus is torn. Here's how the convo went...

DR: ( looking at the MRI) this is your PCL, see hows it's a nice big black line? That's how it's supposed to look.
ME: Cool...
*next picture*
DR: See this area right here that is completely white?
ME: Yeah...
DR: That's where your ACL is supposed to Be...it's gone
ME: Greaaaaat....
*next picture*
DR: See this big black blob in the middle?
ME: Yeah...
DR: That's where your ACL ended up....
ME: Wonderful!

So I have two weeks of PT before I go into surgery. Looks like most of my season has been lost before it even started:(

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...My buddy that I ride with snapped the front end off his 951 so untill its back we are chillin. Intense has been GEAT and he has been taken care of in under 5 days from what it looks like!

Mad props to Intense and thanks! :thumb:

And heres what not to do!
Sweet Baby Jesus... WTF was he doing that caused THIS to happen?! :shocked: Is he OK?

Brett - so sorry to hear this man... I feel for ya. Not a good way to start the season HOWEVER - I still look forward to doing some runs with you at the very end of this year, so use this as motivation to get you through the P/T post-op, OK? I'll stop by with some MTB vids a a six pack of Newcastle to aid in motivation and recovery. :D

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
LOL....sounds good CK. My surgery is thursday. My ortho told me 6-9 months for full recovery. I'm praying it's 6, this is going to be torture. He did say I can get back on my road bike ( I know blasphemy) sooner than 6, but it's just nowhere near the same, especially seeing i just built up my first new bike in 6-7 yrs....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:rant:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Damn Dude! I feel for you. Here I am complaining about the weather and you have this to deal with. Best of luck with the recovery process. :thumb:

BTW, Doctors are always a bit conservative. I am not suggesting you don't listen to them but you may be up and running sooner than you think.