Quantcast

Got to love banks

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Got to love banks. They want to give you 1 percent on your savings and charge you 13 percent for a personal loan.:thumb:

Dear CUSTOMER
Customer Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
We think great Savers like you deserve a little extra credit, so we created a Loan Account. It's an easy to access line of credit, and we're offering you:

Credit Limit: Up to $8,000.00
Variable Rate: 12.9% APR
What is the a Loan Account? It's responsible borrowing, made simple:
No annual or monthly fee
No minimum withdrawal
No transaction charges or prepayment penalties
No interest accrues until you draw from your line

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I had to get a new debit card yesterday. For some reason the magnetic strip seems to wear out almost quarterly. Yesterday my bank told me a replacement card is now 5 bucks a pop. Bullsh*t. All this after the motorcycle loan fiasco makes me want to start shooting bankers.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
I had to get a new debit card yesterday. For some reason the magnetic strip seems to wear out almost quarterly. Yesterday my bank told me a replacement card is now 5 bucks a pop. Bullsh*t. All this after the motorcycle loan fiasco makes me want to start shooting bankers.
That sucks.

I used to have that problem - the magnetic strip wore out real fast. Then I started keeping the card in the little Tyvek paper holder it came in, and kept it in a solo slot in my wallet. Current card is 3 years old and going strong. YMMV

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They only tell that to customers they want to dump. :D
That might be true, if they didn't hold my mortgage I'd already be gone. Wonder if anyone is offering lower than 4.375 on a 30 year right now?

hey squeeb if you want a tyvek sleeve lemme know i'll make you one
Yea man that would be awesome, my debit card literally does not last more than 3 months before it has problems scanning.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That might be true, if they didn't hold my mortgage I'd already be gone. Wonder if anyone is offering lower than 4.375 on a 30 year right now?
Call a mortgage broker.
Yea man that would be awesome, my debit card literally does not last more than 3 months before it has problems scanning.
WTF are you doing using a debit card? USE A CREDIT CARD, n00B!! :p

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I was pretty impressed when a representative from Chase called about recent changes in the regulations concerning overdraft protection. I already knew that if I didn't do anything, I would lose the wonderful "convenience" of being charged a $30-$40 fee if I tried to withdraw more funds than I had available in my checking account (which I never have and never will do). So I asked "what if I don't make a selection?" to which she replied, quite flustered "well, the THE GOVERNMENT will choose for you" :rolleyes:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I took some clear high quality packing tape and layered the mag strip as well as the signature block, which says "see I.D." Hasn't hindered functionality at all. Card has seen 4 years of service and is getting ready to expire in 3 months.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yeah banks suck. so do credit unions.
I was depositing a check the other day made out to "collin" instead of "fred" (I go by Collin but Fred is my first name) & the teller gives me lip about having my middle name on the check instead (the acct is under "Fred Collin") & didn't want to DEPOSIT my check....what kinda fraud could i have been trying to commit?
The heifer was like your acct. needs to be noted that you go both of your names....I said "well make a note of it then!!!". ...& she did. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why? serious question.
last year I spent 11 days in tahiti, this year I spent 10
days in cancun for vacation. I paid for flights, and food. I did nothig other than put all of my purchases on my starwood Amex.

If you only spend what you normally would, there are no risks of overage fees, and you can keep your cash in savings generating interest.
Just pif every month, and accrue a isht load of points.