Quantcast

~~ Gotta get down GMT ~~

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Waiting to see what Trestle will be for this year, $349 in 2021, $389 in 2022. I'm sensing $429 for 2023!

edit: $400 at Creek, so now I don't feel as bad.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
i went by the region near where Fool lives.

those session 10s rode really well for the time. the suspension was good, although the stock manitou shocks had a tendency to blow. they were heavy even for then. and way short by modern standards
I shipped a bike across the country and it was a fucking ton of money, so yeah, looking somewhat localish. JK, I am going to look into that YT and there is a Commencal Clash in NH I've had my eye on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
i got mine early bird in the fall, $300.
Probably at least another couple of months before they go on sale, I've purchased in June the last two years. Before covid I bought the mtbparkspass and made great use of that every summer. Then they vanished with 2020's monies...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good morning! Off to the bus stop. 9 year old got her ears pierced yesterday for her tenth birthday that is in a few days. They grow up so fast.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I shipped a bike across the country and it was a fucking ton of money, so yeah, looking somewhat localish. JK, I am going to look into that YT and there is a Commencal Clash in NH I've had my eye on.
Since we're talking Diablo, you really should be looking for a Race Link.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
i went by the region near where Fool lives.

those session 10s rode really well for the time. the suspension was good, although the stock manitou shocks had a tendency to blow. they were heavy even for then. and way short by modern standards
I was moderately joking posting that thing. Always thought it was a sweet bike back in the day. I think is geo would be about an XS frame in today’s standards.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Waiting to see what Trestle will be for this year, $349 in 2021, $389 in 2022. I'm sensing $429 for 2023!

edit: $400 at Creek, so now I don't feel as bad.
Sounds like a bargain, compared to the park here that is $400.....................for a 200foot hill. :banghead:

Not that I'm buying one, but Bromont is $450 this year. And they have 4 lifts going on the weekends and sooooooooo many trails.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Tech was just back here with all 4 shocks for the washing machine.

I had to explain what shipping bolts are, where they go and what they do.

He then proceeded to "fix" the washer by replacing the shocks and putting them in the "correct" mounting positions (there's 3 mounting positions for all 4 on the frame, apparently?)

Washer is now worse than before.

I don't know if I'm more or less annoyed in dealing with this shit still under warranty than dealing with it myself out of warranty.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Looks like we're going to be staying here on our Swiss holiday this spring/early summer:

:fancy:
where is this....?....air bnb?

i really should get a passport.

younger brother has a fuck this shit bag that he takes with him everywhere....passport and other shit to leave the country at a moments notice...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
A few minutes ago I swerved to avoid a wrong way driver on the interstate. Luckily was looking down road and could sense a disturbance. Was not expecting dude to be coming at me in my lane at 60mph. My kiddo doesn't understand why I am wigging out.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
where is this....?....air bnb?
That's Wengen, in the Jungfrau region. We'll be staying in a hotel somewhere in town.

I hope bikes are included in the plans.
Not sure - maybe. Gramma is taking the whole crew on this holiday, so bikes *may* not be in the cards. I *do* have one kid that likes riding bikes like a moran, though - so there's always hope. :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hallo frends

back from socal on the redeye this morning. Benadryl zonked me pretty well for almost the entire flight, but sleeping upright is bullshit. those seats are so uncomfortable. Came home, hugged the kids, then napped for 2hr.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
That's Wengen, in the Jungfrau region. We'll be staying in a hotel somewhere in town.

Not sure - maybe. Gramma is taking the whole crew on this holiday, so bikes *may* not be in the cards. I *do* have one kid that likes riding bikes like a moran, though - so there's always hope. :D
Stayed at the natur freundlich hause in Grindlwald with an awesome wiew of the Eiger and the Jungfrau

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A few minutes ago I swerved to avoid a wrong way driver on the interstate. Luckily was looking down road and could sense a disturbance. Was not expecting dude to be coming at me in my lane at 60mph. My kiddo doesn't understand why I am wigging out.
Man.......

This happens way too often. :fie:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Was up early to get some drywall and stair treads, then it was off to the doctor for kiddos checkup. And who says being an adult isn't barrels of fun?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did a ride before work. Second run of the new bike. Still adjustments to be made. Still not sure how much sag to run. Modern geo bikes are fun!