Quantcast

Gotta love Lenovo tech support...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The battery in my Thinkpad has started losing its charge over the last couple months, just doesn't have that giant capacity anymore. Last night, it suddenly ceased taking a charge at all.

This morning, I spent two minutes filling out a form requesting support on it. Stated the symptoms in a couple sentences.

Got a call five minutes later from a nice guy in Georgia. He said, "So you've got a defective battery, huh?"

I said, "Yep."

He said, "Do you want the replacement sent to the address we have on file?"

Doesn't get any easier than that :thumb:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The battery in my Thinkpad has started losing its charge over the last couple months, just doesn't have that giant capacity anymore. Last night, it suddenly ceased taking a charge at all.

This morning, I spent two minutes filling out a form requesting support on it. Stated the symptoms in a couple sentences.

Got a call five minutes later from a nice guy in Georgia. He said, "So you've got a defective battery, huh?"

I said, "Yep."

You should try an Apple "Genius" sometime.

I'd rather pound my cock with a meat tenderizer than deal with the average genius over at the Apple Store.

God only knows what they have the "Retards" doing...

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
You should try an Apple "Genius" sometime.

I'd rather pound my cock with a meat tenderizer than deal with the average genius over at the Apple Store.

God only knows what they have the "Retards" doing...
The "Retards" are pounding their cocks with meat tenderizers while the "Geniuses" deal with customers. Want a job?

HP consumer support is pretty horrible too. I dealt with one guy earlier this week who asserted that I was having issues with a BIOS update that wouldn't load because I have added additional RAM to my laptop. :bonk:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Disagree in regards to Apple. They replaced the battery in my girlfriend's Macbook on the spot, replaced my iPhone after I told them that the cracked screen was my fault, have effectively answered any question I've had, and fixed my Macbook when it froze up during some installs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I said, "Yep."

Georgia eh? My company trains people in their Indian call centers to speak with US regional accents. Some are really good at it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Georgia eh? My company trains people in their Indian call centers to speak with US regional accents. Some are really good at it.
Seriously? That's funny. I'd laugh my ass off if I found someone who was just trying to imitate a regional accent and not doing too well. I worked with a woman from Brooklyn who lived in the south for 10 years and she had the most ridiculous accent ever - everything you could imagine it sounded like.

Not in this case, though - Lenovo support centers are US based and this guy was too comfortable with US slang. Not a southern accent, either, he just identified himself as calling from the support center in Georgia.