Quantcast

Gotta love the Tuesday night Post work Ride thing (pics)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It's always great to end a long day at work with a ride with friends. Tonight, I hit the West Hartford Reservoir with Tonyhawk, IAB and MBC for a quick post work ride through the woods. Good times, good times! :dancing: :dancing:

Here's a shot of Babs and Tonyhawk approaching a short rock garden that is part of the early stages of our "loop."

Right after this is a neat log ride, but we didn't stop that long for Babs and Tony to play around on it tonight. Off we went.

the trail weaves along a fence line and then up a hill and through some twisty singletrack and then up along some power lines. Here's a shot of MBC coming down a fun and rocky descent. MBC likes the downhills!

IAB following behind MBC on the same section:

You ride a little further through some twisty singletrack and then you come upon a little log pile to ride over. Here's Tonyhawk going up it

And IAB going over it.......IAB then proceeded to cleanly ride a cool little log ride just up a bit from this.

From here you ride a bit more turny twisty stuff, some rocky stuff etc. etc. and then you come to a tough little section that looks easier in this photo than it really is. Here's MBC cleanly handling this little rock drop type area on the trail. Nice new reflective Camelback MBC!

After this section I put the camera away for the night and just rode.

Oh yeah and got a flat. Thanks for the help with the CO2 cartridge Babs! :thumb:

It was fun to bring my camera out again....but man I'm rusty........my photos kinda suck. I'll have to do better next time - tomorrow night maybe? :sneaky: :dancing: :D

J

JRB

There is a trail in Austin that has a fence just like that. I just went for a road ride. Thanks for sharing.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
i'd be afraid to get my bar ends caught on that fence! :eek: :eek: :dancing:

looks like fun i'm still burnt out from my ride haha.....
That whole place is surrounded by fences. The place is unique in that it's 12-15 miles of trails plopped right in the middle of the suburbs.

Good ride. :) Between hockey Monday night and riding last night, my legs are feeling it today.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
splat said:
good to see tonyhawk actually riding XC for a change
I almost forgot how to pedal uphill. It came right back to me though - its like riding a bike.

Good ride last night!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Splat - can you give me directions to those Rayburn Trails? What time does the ride start? I doubt I can make it, but it would be good to know how long it might take to get there if I get nutty and skip out of work early.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hooray for Ridemonkey jerserys!

I went on a nice ride with Derek after work - 2.5 hours of cranking on singletrack. It's getting pretty dusty out there this time of year.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
I just went for a road ride.

:stupid: It was a hot one. I was sweating like 'Loco thinking about doing a drop.'

But I did ride here on Monday. <-- Probably want to right click and save. Trails are in town and about 4 miles from the house.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I mowed the lawn last night and thought about pissing on the neighbor's bushes. Monday I did 20+ bikepath miles with the wife. Tonight I'm headed to the BMX track. Sounds like there may be a few MD/VA monkey's there. If so I'll get a few pics for show and tell tomorrow.