Quantcast

Gracia 1 VS 224 DD, need help...

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by Alejandro24, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Alejandro24

Alejandro24 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    After some research, both bikes fills my needs perfectly in terms of riding style/terrain where i live.. Wich one would you choose??, who is ligther, stronger, more reliable?? I looking for some opinions, at least for some test ride you did.. Thanks in advance..

#1 -   Nov 5, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bomberboy11

bomberboy11 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have no experience with either, but since you have looked into it and found they are that similar, I have this to say: the name Crack'n'fail didn't come out of nowhere.

#2 -   Nov 5, 2005
  3. gemini2k

gemini2k Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 101
    #3 -   Nov 5, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. black noise

black noise Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I've heard great things about both bikes. I'd say get the one that's cheaper, or if they're around the same price, get the one that you can get more easily. I don't think you can really go wrong with those bikes.

#4 -   Nov 6, 2005
  5. Alejandro24

Alejandro24 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Wich gemini do you own?? how heavy is it?? how it pedals???

#5 -   Nov 6, 2005
  6. bomberboy11

bomberboy11 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Based on my experience with previous generations of both models, the construction on the Orange will be 100x superior to that of the Gemini. Get them side by side if you can and look at all the fine construction details - it will be quite clear.

#6 -   Nov 6, 2005
  7. gangstamaxx

gangstamaxx Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    224. I have a 223 and love it. its an insane bike, so light, its by far the fastest bike i have ever ridden and the smoothest feeling. it handles drops awesome and is built so nicely. Another two perks to it is its pedal-ability and the way it corners. I have ridden geminis and they just dont compare

#7 -   Nov 6, 2005
  8. JRogers

JRogers talks too much

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 1
    Nobody is going to have much to say on this. How many people have seen and ridden either of these bikes, let alone both?

#8 -   Nov 6, 2005
  9. Alejandro24

Alejandro24 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    thanks for the info, im looking for the 224 more and more.. however, the other bike is the Gracia model not the Gemini, i dont know if all the problems that everyone said are still there, is a whole new model anyways.. anyone else with an opinion??

#9 -   Nov 6, 2005
  10. julian_dh

julian_dh Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    well i havent rode the gracia and 224
    but ive rode manny a gemini and 223

the gracia is supposed to be a beefed up version of the gemini that has more travel and is more cushy and comfortable for downhill as where the gemini had raw pedalability and great handling but is hell to ride on gnar long tracks.

the 223-224 i think they went to a lighter longer bike with a lower pivot which is actually similar to where the piv is on the gemini. resulting in better pedaling and braking performance, and a much more active suspension, also the shock mounts are beefier and its more compact than the 223.

i would say your choice would depend more on where you ride and what type of tracks you ride or race if your dooing more racing 224 if your dooing more freeride and and want a more forgiving ride get the gracia

11. gemini2k

gemini2k Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 101
    a gemini "2000", nothing stock, used to be 35 some pounds, pedaled enough to beat old guys on xc bikes. but now that I took all the light stuff off, takes 12-15 footers like its no problem, still pedals enough so i can sell my xc, and races dh enough to make a beginner not look like too much of a beginner :)
    ________
    College Girls Webcam

#11 -   Nov 6, 2005
  12. Dhmann

Dhmann Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Does anyone know the weight of a 224 frame?

13. SinatorJ

SinatorJ Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 9
    Do you think that it is really realistic to make speculation on 2 bikes that the general public has no time on?

14. gemini2k

gemini2k Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 101
    #14 -   Nov 7, 2005
  15. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    270 / 938
    nail on the head.

hell, i'd be willing to bet that two more posts from that guy and his post count will be higher than his age.

on a serrious note, i would like to know if either of those bikes are available in rootbeer. anyone know?

16. Thrillkil

Thrillkil Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    they dont sell root beer in England, so the odds of making a 224 in that color are slim

17. RubberSideUp

RubberSideUp Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    I heard the Gracia was performing and passing it's latest tests at Cannondale. The bad news is they still do not know if Cedric will be with them next year. Cannondale Gracias?

18. Projectpat

Projectpat Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    If you are wondering if the cannondale will hold up the answer is yes. they manufacture the crap out of those things. the term cranknfail came from their 90s models of xc and rode bikes. i'd say you can't go wrong with a Gemini. and i'd also say that orange is a freaking siiiiiick bike and very unique too.

19. dhkid

dhkid Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    just wondering, why the 224 dd over the 224? i am thinking coz you freeride more then dh?in that case the gracia would be better for you coz its more progressive then the 224.

20. Alejandro24

Alejandro24 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Yes, i freeride and i like to pedal all the way up.. by the way, i test rode a 224 from a friend an i fall in love, super ligth, agile and freaking fast going DH, all of this with great pedaling abilities.. but i feel that maybe the rear is to progressive for some drops, i dont know if it was the setup.. thats why i look the gracia 1 model. I know now that the gracia is not in the market yet, so im sorry for the comparison and to anyone who think that im a kid (wich im not!!). Here you just see the bike that comes overseas, the only source of news are the internet..:confused:

21. dhkid

dhkid Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    if you think the 224 is progressive, then the gracia will be more so.

22. gemini2k

gemini2k Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 101
    anyone know the msrps on the gracia's?
    ________
    Blowjob Asian

#22 -   Nov 9, 2005
  23. ThePriceSeliger

ThePriceSeliger Mushhead

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Well, I owned a Gemini for a few months, and I have taken a few runes on an Orange 223 both with a very nice build. My Cannondale cracked very badly! If it was me and I wanted to choose between those two bikes, I would take the Orange. Hands down.

24. Alejandro24

Alejandro24 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Sorry, i meant linear not progressive.. my mistake:) I start this thread because i want opinions about cannondale 's freeride models, which i havent ride yet.. The 224 construction, welds and overall finish are amazing, truly a high end rig; im starting to think that MAYBE a comparison with cannondale is pointless.. till the Gracia model hit the market, lets see...:think:

25. Sherpa

Sherpa Basking in fail.

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Dont plan on getting a Gracia until March.