Quantcast

Gracia 1 VS 224 DD, need help...

Alejandro24

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
After some research, both bikes fills my needs perfectly in terms of riding style/terrain where i live.. Wich one would you choose??, who is ligther, stronger, more reliable?? I looking for some opinions, at least for some test ride you did.. Thanks in advance..

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I have no experience with either, but since you have looked into it and found they are that similar, I have this to say: the name Crack'n'fail didn't come out of nowhere.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I've heard great things about both bikes. I'd say get the one that's cheaper, or if they're around the same price, get the one that you can get more easily. I don't think you can really go wrong with those bikes.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Based on my experience with previous generations of both models, the construction on the Orange will be 100x superior to that of the Gemini. Get them side by side if you can and look at all the fine construction details - it will be quite clear.

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
224. I have a 223 and love it. its an insane bike, so light, its by far the fastest bike i have ever ridden and the smoothest feeling. it handles drops awesome and is built so nicely. Another two perks to it is its pedal-ability and the way it corners. I have ridden geminis and they just dont compare

Alejandro24

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
gangstamaxx said:
224. I have a 223 and love it. its an insane bike, so light, its by far the fastest bike i have ever ridden and the smoothest feeling. it handles drops awesome and is built so nicely. Another two perks to it is its pedal-ability and the way it corners. I have ridden geminis and they just dont compare
thanks for the info, im looking for the 224 more and more.. however, the other bike is the Gracia model not the Gemini, i dont know if all the problems that everyone said are still there, is a whole new model anyways.. anyone else with an opinion??

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
well i havent rode the gracia and 224
but ive rode manny a gemini and 223

the gracia is supposed to be a beefed up version of the gemini that has more travel and is more cushy and comfortable for downhill as where the gemini had raw pedalability and great handling but is hell to ride on gnar long tracks.

the 223-224 i think they went to a lighter longer bike with a lower pivot which is actually similar to where the piv is on the gemini. resulting in better pedaling and braking performance, and a much more active suspension, also the shock mounts are beefier and its more compact than the 223.

i would say your choice would depend more on where you ride and what type of tracks you ride or race if your dooing more racing 224 if your dooing more freeride and and want a more forgiving ride get the gracia

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Alejandro24 said:
Wich gemini do you own?? how heavy is it?? how it pedals???
a gemini "2000", nothing stock, used to be 35 some pounds, pedaled enough to beat old guys on xc bikes. but now that I took all the light stuff off, takes 12-15 footers like its no problem, still pedals enough so i can sell my xc, and races dh enough to make a beginner not look like too much of a beginner :)
________
College Girls Webcam

Last edited:

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Do you think that it is really realistic to make speculation on 2 bikes that the general public has no time on?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
gemini2k said:
what else is the internet for?
nail on the head.

hell, i'd be willing to bet that two more posts from that guy and his post count will be higher than his age.

on a serrious note, i would like to know if either of those bikes are available in rootbeer. anyone know?

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
I heard the Gracia was performing and passing it's latest tests at Cannondale. The bad news is they still do not know if Cedric will be with them next year. Cannondale Gracias?

Projectpat

Chimp
Oct 26, 2004
bellingham
If you are wondering if the cannondale will hold up the answer is yes. they manufacture the crap out of those things. the term cranknfail came from their 90s models of xc and rode bikes. i'd say you can't go wrong with a Gemini. and i'd also say that orange is a freaking siiiiiick bike and very unique too.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
just wondering, why the 224 dd over the 224? i am thinking coz you freeride more then dh?in that case the gracia would be better for you coz its more progressive then the 224.

Alejandro24

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
dhkid said:
just wondering, why the 224 dd over the 224? i am thinking coz you freeride more then dh?in that case the gracia would be better for you coz its more progressive then the 224.
Yes, i freeride and i like to pedal all the way up.. by the way, i test rode a 224 from a friend an i fall in love, super ligth, agile and freaking fast going DH, all of this with great pedaling abilities.. but i feel that maybe the rear is to progressive for some drops, i dont know if it was the setup.. thats why i look the gracia 1 model. I know now that the gracia is not in the market yet, so im sorry for the comparison and to anyone who think that im a kid (wich im not!!). Here you just see the bike that comes overseas, the only source of news are the internet..:confused:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Alejandro24 said:
but i feel that maybe the rear is to progressive for some drops, i dont know if it was the setup..
if you think the 224 is progressive, then the gracia will be more so.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well, I owned a Gemini for a few months, and I have taken a few runes on an Orange 223 both with a very nice build. My Cannondale cracked very badly! If it was me and I wanted to choose between those two bikes, I would take the Orange. Hands down.

Alejandro24

Chimp
Aug 21, 2005
dhkid said:
if you think the 224 is progressive, then the gracia will be more so.
Sorry, i meant linear not progressive.. my mistake:) I start this thread because i want opinions about cannondale 's freeride models, which i havent ride yet.. The 224 construction, welds and overall finish are amazing, truly a high end rig; im starting to think that MAYBE a comparison with cannondale is pointless.. till the Gracia model hit the market, lets see...:think: