Quantcast

grafton state park

dmilkman589

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
ny
went up to grafton for the first time this season...finaly got around to looking at a map and found some sick dh trails going down into the pitstown forest. with lots of potental for building some nice stuff...any one want to come build with us? or know any other good trails?
grafton.jpg

CLIP0225 001_0001.jpg

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
went up to grafton for the first time this season...finaly got around to looking at a map and found some sick dh trails going down into the pitstown forest.

or know any other good trails?
Head down to the loops at Pittstown forest after it dries up a bit. Better trails and terrain than Grafton.

The climb from Pittstown back up to Grafton = :dead:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
went up to grafton for the first time this season...finaly got around to looking at a map and found some sick dh trails going down into the pitstown forest. with lots of potental for building some nice stuff...any one want to come build with us? or know any other good trails?
View attachment 94522

View attachment 94523
That lil' Ulmer in the pic with you?

Yeah, there is some good terrain there. Would love to build but have no time, plus watch out for landowners/loggers with shotguns. There are currently 4 ways down right down from Grafton to Pittstown now:

1. Overlook trail to "Woop Dee Doo" - got mangled due to logging. It was an awesome trail, though....
2. Ward Hollow Road: stratght down! some flat spots, lots of large wet rocks. Basically a stream bed this time of year.
3. Looney Hollow: you get this off RPI trail, not bad, but could use a lot of work.
4. Couch or Kautz Hollow: I use this as a dh trail, with a 20 minute push back up. Wide open, fast and loose rocks.

If you get down to Pittstown, check out the singletrack there (*coughcough, I helped build itcoughcough*...)

dmilkman589

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
ny
is there anywhere i can get a map of the pitstown forest so i can see where some of the trails are?

yea thats geoff with me.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I always do! (that is, until i get a personal call from the ranger, which has happened in the not so distant past...)

ps, all singletrack in p'town is 100% legal!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I always do! (that is, until i get a personal call from the ranger, which has happened in the not so distant past...)

ps, all singletrack in p'town is 100% legal!

thats not what I was refering too. Dumbass:banghead:

any way was hiking up at Prospect Mountain to check on our trails and I was walking on top of 18-24" hard crusty snow.

will this winter ever die:rant:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
thats not what I was refering too. Dumbass:banghead:

any way was hiking up at Prospect Mountain to check on our trails and I was walking on top of 18-24" hard crusty snow.

will this winter ever die:rant:
That's Mr. Dumasse to you!

PS, you can buy a full map of Grafton and all Pittstown trails for $1.00 from the Ranger station.

dmilkman589

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
ny
new trail--------------im in the procces of making it..its gonna be good... o and the bike rag maps are in acurate... the trail intersections arnt in the right spots...just incase any one wanted to know.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Pick a date - I am available to do some investigating next week Tues or Wed 3/17 and 18 after work and/or the weekend.

I want to show you guys the line in the lower parking lot before we go up the hill. PM me - Jim

Last edited: