Quantcast

Gran Mal Auction!

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
Hey Ya'll,

Here is a sweet gig put on by Transition Bikes and WMBC.

Transition Bikes, www.transitionbikes.com, has donated a Gran Mal frame to WMBC (Whatcom Independent Mountain Pedalers) to raise money for the organization. ALL of the money from the sale of the frame will go directly to trailbuilding funds to dial in some major additions. Although Transition Bikes has only been in the Bellingham area (Ferndale) for a short time, their impact on the local riding community is exciting. The WMBC has been in existence for nearly 15 years and has recently added a freeride division (a few pictures attached) to the mix. The goal is to have a variety of trails for all users, continuing and expanding what has already been established. Find out more at www.whimpsmtb.com

Frame auction details: This is an unofficial auction and we reserve the right to make mistakes, show favoritism to those whom are persuasive with words or money, and end the auction early if necessary.

You will be bidding on a 2006 Gran Mal, white in color with a Manitou 6-way swinger shock, and you will have the choice of either size frame – Get frame specifications at www.transitionbikes.com

The bidding will start at $600 and the highest bid will be updated daily until 9/26/06 when the auction will end.

Bidding: You need to PM me (Lizardlake) at www.ridegalbraith.com. It will be listed under the General Galbraith Discussion and Buy and Sell categories. You will need to register, for free, in order to PM me. Included with your bid should be your full name, telephone number and address (so I can confirm). I prefer to hook up with the purchaser in person (Bellingham, WA) to turn over the new frame, which would fit under the favoritism category.

Peace, :cheers:

Matt

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Why would anyone bid when you advertize like this?

"Frame auction details: This is an unofficial auction and we reserve the right to make mistakes, show favoritism to those whom are persuasive with words or money, and end the auction early if necessary."

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
Yo everybody,

2 days left on the Gran Mal auction and the price is still $700. Someone is going to be getting a sick deal...

peace

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Why would anyone bid when you advertize like this?

"Frame auction details: This is an unofficial auction and we reserve the right to make mistakes, show favoritism to those whom are persuasive with words or money, and end the auction early if necessary."
yeah that stopped me!...D

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
Hey,

As far as the disclaimer, this auction is unofficial. I just happen to put into words what is meant by unofficial, plus with a little humor. Don't be disuaded so easily. This is legit, and someone will be getting a sick frame.

peace

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i support the cause in theory, but i agree: this is the most ghetto way of doing an auction ever.