IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i tried watching the videos yesterday, but most got taken down b/c of copyright issues.

that last video's description says Nov26 in Europe....thats much earlier then what others have been saying

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I would like to start with this, but last time you had to win it and you couldn't buy it anywhere.
S Volkswagen Golf I GTI ‘76

I'll get one of these too. I actually started the last few GT games with one of these or a civic since you're so limited on budget at first.
S Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) ‘83

And this.
Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI ‘99

Oh yeah, one of these too.
Acura INTEGRA TYPE R ‘01

I actually don't like getting the bigger cars with the massive power. They don't stop for ****e and they go through tires too fast. There are so many damn cars. Geezus. This game is going to suck a lot of life out of me. I guess I better hurry up and get a PS3. :0) This game is the only reason i wanted one.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Yeah I have the wheel clamped to the chair in anticipation:)

I'm so bored of the road based cars in GT5 Prologue. Can't wait to knock out the sub 6 min Ring laps in an LMP car.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I have a couple geeky buddies that are trying to get a proper setup for the game. One of them has a steering wheel of some sort. He was complaining that he doesn't like it in his lap, and he doesn't like it on a TV tray because it's never the right height. He's a car nut, and he also happens to be one of the main guys that works for COBB. I figure one of those guys will come up with something proper.
My other buddy is an engineer for ATK. He has a track car that's pretty sick. He's talking about figuring out how to get multiple screens around him so he can see all sides around the vehicle. He wants some kind of Recaro seat, blah blah, din rail, blah blah, adjustable height something or other, blah blah. They're getting way hardcore. I'm sure I'll be playing it at one of their houses before i get it, and i'm going to be bummed when i have to go back to a controller instead of a wheel.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
^^ Oh my. I've just had a gentleman's crisis.

Have the game on preorder with release-date delivery. Can't. F'n. Wait.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Anyone else kind of sad to see the Nascar clips in the trailer? Takes a little of the nostalgia out of it for me.
I totally agree but I should imagine it appeals to the pot bellied beer drinking camping folks who go to Nascar races :)

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Picking up in a couple of hours. Excitement slightly dampened by my PS3 dying LAST FREAKING NIGHT :mad:

So now I'm torn between buying a new one or buying a new power supply for the current one :rant:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
mine died last week and i had to buy a new one. are you sure its a power supply issue?

Ok, now I'm jealous.

Went to fire it up last night. Green light came on as usual and then it shut itself off. Now it doesn't do anything. No lights, no clicking sounds, nothing. Tried different outlets, cycling the power switch, etc but absolutely zero response from the system. So I'm assuming the power supply has just died, but I could be wrong (going to try swapping power cables later...trying to think of other things to try).

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Ok, now I'm jealous.

Went to fire it up last night. Green light came on as usual and then it shut itself off. Now it doesn't do anything. No lights, no clicking sounds, nothing. Tried different outlets, cycling the power switch, etc but absolutely zero response from the system. So I'm assuming the power supply has just died, but I could be wrong (going to try swapping power cables later...trying to think of other things to try).
is it the original model? if so, it could be your gpu and cpu have gone kaput.

edit:the two free cars from Gamestop turned out to be one free NASCAR car