Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
i think it is worth it for sure. even with a controller its as fun as you want it to be. you can finish every race in 2nd or 3rd, but trying to do well is what makes it fun for me. and its challenging
although a lot of the 800 cars do look like crap, they still handle and perform the way it actually car does handle. to me, thats worth the look of the cars.
Really??? Waiting 4+ years for something that you still have issues with....it's a simulator and you're playing with a controller...toshi you are not.

F*ck 2nd or 3rd. 1st or you don't deserve to own this sh*t. Period.

800 cars....great. Forza at least sounds and operates at a high level. After 5 years, if you (the game company, producer, whatever) can't get it right, f*ck you....

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Really??? Waiting 4+ years for something that you still have issues with....it's a simulator and you're playing with a controller...toshi you are not.

F*ck 2nd or 3rd. 1st or you don't deserve to own this sh*t. Period.

800 cars....great. Forza at least sounds and operates at a high level. After 5 years, if you (the game company, producer, whatever) can't get it right, f*ck you....
Actually 800 of the cars that are "Polished" from GT4 GT:prologue and even the PSP version, which look like this:

and 200 premium cars that look like this (in photo mode atleast)

Not that I'm a gfx whore or anything (can't be when you game on a laptop) but if you're going to tout your game as being graphically amazing at least make it look better than games that came 1-2 years ago (Grid, Dirt, and Dirt 2 if you take away all the bloom garbage).

But hopefully I will soon acquire a PS3 and enjoy the view from the "nose-cam".

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Finally got gold on the 3 Top Gear challenges tonight. Funny that the last one was also the easiest. Now if I could find a damn classic race car I could finish up the expert series....

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
overall, i feel slightly ripped off by gt5. they obviously had their heads up their asses for the last 3 years and felt they were in a different league from their competitors.

feels extremely similar to gt1 2 3 4, but with nicer (most of the time) graphics. hardly progression, and very hard to see where all the time went.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
maybe i should have asked for a $300 wheel for my RM secret santa :think:
sorry chief i prefer not to play with a wheel. sayadsti you are
The whole time you're talking about "game experience" on here (re: MW:Bl Ops, GT5) and all of a sudden, it really doesn't matter?

Cars and sound don't "feel" like a simulator? Me thinks you got ripped.

I play with a controller with Forza. I deal and don't complain about stupid sh*t. It's a good game. Not 800 cars goods....but at least the majority of stuff doesn't suck.

If the look and sound don't match up with the control, it's not really the "simulator" you think...

Just sayin'...

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
i havent been able to find a European classic for the series
Pretty sure I found something in the used cars for it, can't remember what though. I have a couple other cars I've won that qualify for it now. If the gifting wasn't messed up, I'd offer to send one over. But last time I tried that, my friend didn't receive the car, and I never saw it again either.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The whole time you're talking about "game experience" on here (re: MW:Bl Ops, GT5) and all of a sudden, it really doesn't matter?

If the look and sound don't match up with the control, it's not really the "simulator" you think...

Just sayin'...
who said it doesnt matter? like i said, buy me a $300-400 wheel and ill be all set for the "ultimate game experience" :think::think:
im sorry i dont have your butt buddy's doctor money. or maybe i just dont feel like playing with a wheel and just feel like sitting back with a remote....but then i wouldnt be experiencing the game right maaaaaan?

sorry if you feel you got butt hurt for spending money on a game YOU dont like, but the physics of the cars is what does it for me. i guess if i pulled my pud looking at the cars, then maybe i wouldnt like the game a much

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
bday cheat you say?? do tell
my other 52 cars are getting lonely
-Create an alternate PSN account with a birth date showing todays date, and whatever year cars you're looking for (ie. 67 if you want a car from that year).

-Add your main account as a friend, then switch to your main account and accept.

-Go back to alt account start GT5 and get through all the first time screens. Once you get into GT life, you'll receive a gift card for your birthday from whatever year you created.

-Receive the car, then you'll have to go buy a used car from the dealer so you can switch to it (unless you have pre-order dlc cars, you can just switch to one of those), and gift the other car to your main account.

-Quit the game, and delete the game save for the alt profile, and you can go to your main account and receive the car. Since you've deleted the game save you can continue to do this over and over till you get the car you want.

If you want to get cars past 92 you'll have to create a sub account from your master account, cause you need to be 18 to create a PSN account. My first try with 09 got me a Zonda R. 2nd try with 67 and I got the 20 mill Ferrari race car.

You can't sell the high dollar cars, but it's nice to have more cars to choose from when grinding through the career mode trying to level up.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
-Create an alternate PSN account with a birth date showing todays date, and whatever year cars you're looking for (ie. 67 if you want a car from that year).
hmm i think ill try that when i desperately need a car.
im doing well enough that i havent had a need for anything crazy. ive only bought 4-5 cars i think. the rest of the races have been won with prize cars.
my GTR Spec V has been dominating all the races ive entered it in.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
hmm i think ill try that when i desperately need a car.
im doing well enough that i havent had a need for anything crazy. ive only bought 4-5 cars i think. the rest of the races have been won with prize cars.
my GTR Spec V has been dominating all the races ive entered it in.
Yeah, I had no problem early on in A-spec, but once you get up to expert the cars can be hard to find. That and leveling up becomes slower and slower.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah, I had no problem early on in A-spec, but once you get up to expert the cars can be hard to find. That and leveling up becomes slower and slower.
im done with all the Beginner and Amateur races and have a few in Professional that im doing now. so far, i just dont have a competitive car for the Historic Racing Car Cup in Expert, but thats it

im at level 19 and if it wasnt for winning most of the Special races, it would have taken me longer

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
so far, i just dont have a competitive car for the Historic Racing Car Cup in Expert, but thats it
That's the one that convinced me to do the cheat. Good luck finding anything competitive for under 10-20 mil. Now that I've done the cheat, I have 3 cars that can easily compete (and win). I don't the time to sit and run the same races over and over trying to get enough credits to buy one of those damn cars. Therefore, I cheat :D

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That's the one that convinced me to do the cheat. Good luck finding anything competitive for under 10-20 mil. Now that I've done the cheat, I have 3 cars that can easily compete (and win). I don't the time to sit and run the same races over and over trying to get enough credits to buy one of those damn cars. Therefore, I cheat :D
hmm maybe ill try that then if these next few races dont give me what i need

did anyone else pre-order from Gamestop and not get the McLaren? i only got the NASCAR car and cant find my receipt to try the code again

Last edited:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
When you entered the code did it give you the option to download both of them, or just the nascar car? I had to download them separately after entering the code.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
for some reason, i just got to the Ending Movie after winning a Veryon.

edit: just called Game Stop being the ever geek. some of the codes had issues and only DL'd one car. got me the right code now :thumb:

Last edited:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
for some reason, i just got to the Ending Movie after winning a Veryon.

edit: just called Game Stop being the ever geek. some of the codes had issues and only DL'd one car. got me the right code now :thumb:
Yeah, I thought it was strange how early on they show the ending movie. You'll be happy with that McLaren. It saved/made me a sh*t ton of money.

The Veyron sucks just as bad as it does in any other game though.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah, I thought it was strange how early on they show the ending movie. You'll be happy with that McLaren. It saved/made me a sh*t ton of money.

The Veyron sucks just as bad as it does in any other game though.
so far the only race i need the McLaren in is the MR race. my MR car i had stunk, so this will help obviously.

yeah ive race a few Veryons and they are slow

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Finally got to play it at a friend's house last night. He's got one of those force feedback steering wheels on a crazy stand that raises and lowers over your legs and props itself on the couch. Pretty effen cool. Man, that setup is the sh!t. I can't believe how much fun it is with the steering wheel. That thing fights hard in the turns. It even has paddle shifters and a sequential stick shifter to the side. When i actually get a PS3 and that game, it's going to run about $600 for all of that sh!t cuz I won't play it again without a steering wheel like that.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im done with the majority of the races, but need full-on race cars to be competitive now. my 850hp GTR Spec V can only handle so well compared to the full bore cars im trying to race against.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Finally got to play it at a friend's house last night. He's got one of those force feedback steering wheels on a crazy stand that raises and lowers over your legs and props itself on the couch. Pretty effen cool. Man, that setup is the sh!t. I can't believe how much fun it is with the steering wheel. That thing fights hard in the turns. It even has paddle shifters and a sequential stick shifter to the side. When i actually get a PS3 and that game, it's going to run about $600 for all of that sh!t cuz I won't play it again without a steering wheel like that.
I finally gave in and picked up the Driving Force GT wheel. While not as good as the G27, it definitely makes the game 10x better. Just need to pick up one of the stands that folds up so I can put it all in the closet when not in use. The DFGT is $150 less than the G27, and I didn't see myself using the sequential shifter enough to justify spending that much. That and I rarely touch video games once spring comes around.

Last edited:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
im done with the majority of the races, but need full-on race cars to be competitive now. my 850hp GTR Spec V can only handle so well compared to the full bore cars im trying to race against.
Get to level 21 and skip to the "like the wind" series. You can win those races with a race modded Corvette ZR-1 with full upgrades after the RM. You'll get the #88 Toyota Minolta race car for getting gold with those. Then take that back to GT All Stars and win.

Make sure you turn the downforce all the way up, and almost max out the top speed on the ZR-1 also.

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Hah! I'm still on GT4 for my PS2, but that wheel makes it a WHOLE NEW GAME! Can't spend the cash for a PS3, especially after buying the PS2 just to play GT4

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Get to level 21 and skip to the "like the wind" series. You can win those races with a race modded Corvette ZR-1 with full upgrades after the RM. You'll get the #88 Toyota Minolta race car for getting gold with those. Then take that back to GT All Stars and win.

Make sure you turn the downforce all the way up, and almost max out the top speed on the ZR-1 also.
ZR1 ya say huh? i tried the gtr, mclaren f1, SLS and lambos but in that race but they dont handle all that well. will try Vette tonight

Last edited:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
ZR1 ya say huh? i tried the gtr, mclaren f1, SLS and lambos but in that race but they dont handle all that well. will try Vette tonight
Yeah, the 09 model. If you do the rest of the upgrades after race modding it, it will have a little over 900 bhp. Full downforce, ride height all the way down and almost maxed out top speed did the trick for me. It was the only car I had that handled anywhere near as good as the race cars you're up against.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
^^^^ Me too, its perfect for the beginner tarmac rally. I usually lower the suspension way down, jack up the spring rate and slow down the dampers and it handles really well (smooth tracks).

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
tried the ZR1 w/ full race package and 850hp and my Viper ACR w/ 1010hp but both either dont handle well enough or are too slow for the final Indy race on "like the wind"
and the damn NASCAR only race is a pain. they cars handle like crap on the road courses (go figure)

edit:"like the wind" done.

Last edited:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
tried the ZR1 w/ full race package and 850hp and my Viper ACR w/ 1010hp but both either dont handle well enough or are too slow for the final Indy race on "like the wind"
and the damn NASCAR only race is a pain. they cars handle like crap on the road courses (go figure)
Did you do any more upgrades after the race mod? Mine has over 900hp. Not sure if they extra hp was from the oil change though. You do know that for some odd reason you get a hp boost when you change the oil on a new car right?

For the race at Indy the best thing to do is use the bumper cam (the one with the rear view at the top of the screen). It's pretty easy to draft and get up front, but it's staying there that's the problem. With the bumper cam you can watch behind you and see them coming. Just square up with the approaching car and let them slam into the back of you. It'll boost you forward and you'll stay up front. The NASCAR races are definitely much easier with a wheel compared to the controller.

PSN name is JeffKill77. If anyone wants to race, send an invite.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Just square up with the approaching car and let them slam into the back of you. It'll boost you forward and you'll stay up front. The NASCAR races are definitely much easier with a wheel compared to the controller.
This was my strategy for the pickup truck race at Daytona. It was actually kind of an interesting challenge trying to win with a really underpowered truck (Dodge Ram).

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Did you do any more upgrades after the race mod? Mine has over 900hp. Not sure if they extra hp was from the oil change though. You do know that for some odd reason you get a hp boost when you change the oil on a new car right?
yeah i finally beat it with my race ZR1 thats only 885hp. my now 1013hp Viper didnt have the aero to handle the corners at speed.
yes i do know about the oil change. i do it to every car....some get 1-2hp. and some ive gotten 80hp