Quantcast

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
for one CRoatian car magazine Kazunori Yamauch maker of gt series say that during 2007 year for ps3, gt 5 will be finished, Sony dont say anything, because he didnt believe that gt maker will say to small Croatian car magazine that big news which rock the gt fans...

i am big fan of gt series so i am be happy to wait that 2 years...

ps. game will be more accure and 100 with more detail, i hear that it will be few stepts to pure reality...i mean on ps4 he said that it will be real like we are driving in real on road..hm it will be cool to ride at home like i am on real race

links:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/644/644554p1.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60641

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i'm not too hot on GT series anymore, after opening my eyes up to 'real' racing sims i just cant help to look at GT4 and laugh when it claims that its a driving sim, its far too arcade for me after playing real sims on the PC i lost all intrest in GT4, something i thought would never happen.

GT5 will probably be worth it for the car collection and modding but when it comes to the gameplay i'm just not too enthusiastic abut the next in the series, no doubt i'll buy it though.

h and dont get your hopes up on the 07 estimate, just remember how long it took to release GT4 and how many set backs it had before release.

now GTLegends and Rfactor now those are driving sims that get me excited, bring it on!!!!

Juvat

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Merkel (Dyess AFB), TX
GT5 shouldn't have too many setbacks as long as they decide whether or not it will be network compatible in the beginning instead of writing the game and then removing that capability.

What are some of the driving sims you play, Steve?

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Juvat said:
What are some of the driving sims you play, Steve?
at the moment i'm mainly playing GTR FIA GT racing and Richard Burns Rally.
buut i'm also playing the heck out of GTlegends demo.
was going to get live for speed S2 but with the immenent release of Rfactor and GTL in october i thought it would be a waste of my money, so next month i'll be getting those 2 and a H-shifter+clutch pedal so i can really enjoy the emmersion factor of these new generation of race sims.
cant wait, should be a riot :thumb: .

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Downhiller said:
wrc games are better and real than richard burns
NO WAY, WRC games are far too 'arcade for my liking, admittedly they must be more fun for the casual gamer but, but i find this sense of acheivement with RBR that you just dont get with other games, its a no nonesense sim with one hell of an advanced physics engine, it just cant be surpassed for realism.
is just ashame about the lack of real wrc stages in RBR, but they are working on that, soon we'll see such classics as col di turini and ouninpohja, but thats a few months off yet.

Downhiller said:
did you play gt4 with steering or joypad, but with steering its very hard and realistic
i played with a pad when i first got it, very quickly realised i need a wheel, so i got one(not a DFP), made it great and definitly harder.
as i said i loved the game, i just found better and more 'realistic' games.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
GT4 is totally badass! But I won't consider it a true racing sim until they put in car damage. As it is now you can bash other cars out of the way with no damage to your ride. While it can be fun to t-bone an opponent going full bore into a corner and drive out unscathed, its hardly realistic....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bump for GT5 still not being released near the end of 2010.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Ah, I'm not disappointed yet. I still need to get a ps3. Hoping to get one for xmas. GT4 will be one of two games that will keep me occupied for years. God of War 3, and GT4. It's funny. I forget how badass the Turismo games are because i don't play them much, but after playing them again, I realize they're friggin awesome. I still remember how much i played GT1. Man, i love those games. I had some laggy subaru wagon turbo that was black and was sick, once it got going.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
My wife is going to file for a divorce if GT5 comes out THIS holiday season. Her family is coming to visit and she claims to need my help to keep the peace. If GT5 comes out this xmas, I'll be secluded in my man cave till 3 kings day.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My wife is going to file for a divorce if GT5 comes out THIS holiday season. Her family is coming to visit and she claims to need my help to keep the peace. If GT5 comes out this xmas, I'll be secluded in my man cave till 3 kings day.
you can keep them occupied by how awesome the game purportedly is

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Future Shop here in Canada which is basically like a Best Buy in the states is taking pre-orders right now for a November 2nd release.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Duke Nukem will i think. from its early videos, it doesnt look like something that has been done before...me thinks it will be like the Resistance games
I doubt that DNF will suck, though I don't think it will quite live up to its legacy, or a decade worth of hype - unless they have a serious ace in the hole.