Quantcast

Grand Ridge- March 6th

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Going up to shuttle with another rider. Meet at the top at 3:50 PM if you want to ride and shuttle with us.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
So the trail was muddy, but ridable

We drove up a second time, and becuase it was getting dark, we deceided to bomb down the main road from Highlands to Issaquah. Urban DH at its finest.

I'm heading for a corner, and I look over, and this other kid im riding with (eddie) goes to pass me like an IDIOT. Bear in mind that we are going about 35 at this point.
I boost past him and make the corner before he does, and then turn my head to see him.

His front tire loses traction in the corner and he drills his shoulder into the concrete at about 30 miles per hour. Then, he slides into the curb with all the horizontal velocity he had.

Looks like he broke his shoulder, and he looks like a burn victim with all the raw skin he ripped off.

MEDIC.
kids, dont be stupid.

Jack Frost

Chimp
Feb 26, 2007
wow. sounds pleasant. well i strained a ligament in my shoulder when i hit a tree at sst. oh and I'll be getting a new front rim also. fantastic.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
drive to the top of the highlands
go down Grand Ridge Drive for about 300 feet.
The trail will be on your right.
about a half a mile down the trail hang a left at the intersection
then ride fast to the bottom!

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
drive to the top of the highlands
go down Grand Ridge Drive for about 300 feet.
The trail will be on your right.
about a half a mile down the trail hang a left at the intersection
then ride fast to the bottom!
From Grand Ridge Drive take the trail to your left, ups and downs then down....then flat to the end. No shuttle.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
um we shuttle it....... just park at the gravel lot across from the funeral home.