Quantcast

Grand Ridge today, late notice

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Hey, If anyone is still looking for a place to ride and you are in the sammamish/issy area, come on up to grand ridge. Me and a couple guys will be there at about 12:30-1:00 PM shuttling, riding and taking pics. It would be great to have a few more riders show up.:clapping:

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Darn--got this too late!!! If you do that again, please PM me--I'd likely go. I live in the Issy Highlands so Grand Ridge is ultra convenient for me.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Yeah we ended up not going today anyways.... possibly tomorrow? do you want to PM me your AIM address so communication is easier?

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I live in issaq, was wondering where the trail is if its not top secret.
as far as i know, the trail isn't top secret, so ill def show you where it is and we can gnar it up

I talked about going tomorrow, but after looking at the weather forcast of a "Steady, soaking rain" i'm starting to rethink :banghead:

looks like i missed my opportunity to ride this weekend :disgust1: but it looks like its going to be sunny and cold next weekend- Eren, i'll PM you with some notice, and post back- hopefully we can get a big group together for some shuttle+pic fun

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
I was out there today. There was so much water on the trails that even if it rains tomorrow, I don't see how it could be any wetter

Do you guys ride the trail down toward I-90 or is there another downhill route?

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
I'd like to come out and rip this also, if someone could let me know where and when I'd really like to check it out.
Dude that's the place where i told you that had a sweet dh run. I think I told you this last year. haha. way back then. But yeh i'd be down also, it was a fun ride there when i went with Corbin. Where is that guy anyways? He should get on RM more often.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
yeah just so everyone knows, this is not an insane DH run, nor does it have freeride stunts- It's just fast and fun singletrack lasting about 10 minutes, mabye around 8 if you bomb it. The shuttle back up is around 7 minutes one way.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I used to live there. So did Corbin. Did you live there for a while or did you just move in? How's the developement coming along?
I've lived here for over a year now. The development is insane. The retail village is coming along slowly but surely--got a coffee shop, mexican restaurant, wine bar, and subway. They are building new houses/townhomes near the park n ride. I'm trying to convince the city of issaquah to build some dirt jumps or allow us to build some. They have things for people to do who are interested in ball sports, but what about those that just want to ride their bike?? We do have the grand ridge trail, but with all the open space here, seems there should be some room for dirt jumps.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
If anyone is wondering what the trail is like, its sort of low key, fast paced single track. Should be fun in mud:lighten: . Lots of drifty corners. There were a couple of little jump type drop things but someone took them out... I never figured out why. The trail is not secret at all and is at the top if the issaquah highlands off exit 18 on I-90. Go to the very very top- pretty much just find the roads that go uphill. You will find an open area and you take a right into a soon to be private road. Go about maybe 1/4 of a mile untill you see a bridge. RIGHT BEFORE the bride is the trail enterance and It is probly easier to shuttle the trail because you have to walk your bikes back up the highlands that you just drove up- trust me, its brutal. If anyone has any question about directions just pm me or nathan (ffonsok) because these were kind of vague as far as getting up the highlands cause I dont have all the turns and streets memorized

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
Id be down to come shuttle with you guys anytime. Send me a PM and I can give you my number or something. I live in kirkland and Im always looking for people to ride with.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
The jumps were taken out because the county doesn't like them. They are up there often so don't expect anything you built to last long including berms or straigtening. As of yesterday all blowdowns had been cleared by county. Watch out for new ones.

dirtburglar

Chimp
Dec 22, 2006
issyq
I called in, er, sick today "cough, cough", oh yeah i mean my tooth hurts from the dentist. The weather isn't looking too bad. i live in issaq anyone up for a ride, its 10, pm me for takers.

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
I've lived here for over a year now. The development is insane. The retail village is coming along slowly but surely--got a coffee shop, mexican restaurant, wine bar, and subway. They are building new houses/townhomes near the park n ride. I'm trying to convince the city of issaquah to build some dirt jumps or allow us to build some. They have things for people to do who are interested in ball sports, but what about those that just want to ride their bike?? We do have the grand ridge trail, but with all the open space here, seems there should be some room for dirt jumps.
Geeez, so they have actually progressed. Are they building the house/townhouses on that huge strip of land outlooking the valley? Man, I really liked the view there. I miss Issy. They should make dirt jumps where that park is midway up heading toward Grandridge. If i remember right, it had sort of an incline. Or they could make it where that huge forestry used to be. I lived right infront of it. And if they cleared it up, the space would be soo huge.

dirtburglar

Chimp
Dec 22, 2006
issyq
did a bit of exploring and found the trail. it will definitely be an addition to my trail riding list. All was great except for the bobcat i almost ran over, no joke.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
County parks guys ran into a bear last summer, plenty of overflowing dumpsters to keep them happy. If someone wants to do some raking that would be great. Will post work dates when it gets closer (March).

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Rode Grand Ridge last night--wow, that was fun! My first night ride...a little scary especially with the sightings of cougars and bears, and hearing coyotes in the not so far distance....

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i actually saw a bearotye up there last time.... body of a bear, head of a coyote.... scared the crap out of me until it told me that it wasn't going to hurt me

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
YO i might be going up there today, but only if someone else is in to shuttle. i have one vehicle to shuttle but we need 2. POST POST POST